Until now, a strange system of dispersion when firing weapons in the game (

Survager

The game has a very strange aiming system and I would like it to change.

Now, in the crosshairs of the sight, we just have an invisible point moving randomly, into which, theoretically, the bullet should fly.

This dot becomes visible only after the installation of a laser sight, and... it moves, damn it, while the weapon in the character's hands is and camera motionless. It's just mystic 😁

The weapon (crosshair) and the camera in the aiming mode should move.

The amplitude should depend on the development of the character.
The amplitude should decrease as the character levels up.

Amplitude should be smaller in aiming mode.

The amplitude should increase for a short time after each shot.

In this case, the player's skills will matter more than they do now.

The game already has camera movement when a character gets hit by a zombie and it looks good.
I'm sure it could also work well in normal mode.

I hope this changes sometime )

If you don't agree with me, it's okay, it's just my opinion )

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

I wouldn't mind having the weapon have a breathing animation / sway, in fact, I might prefer it.

The other things you mention are mostly implemented for the current aim dot - you have ways to tighten the spread and they effect the dot sway. I don't think actual levels matter, and I don't think the design is intended to work like that. Some weapon skills do / could. There's recoil, there's "running mode" for the sway.

I wouldn't change the UI-crosshair though, it's a pretty common "game UI element" to indicate the random area of your shot.

Just adding in a sway animation to "follow" the actual point of aim would be good, imo. Don't know how I'd implement it for hip fire scenarios, there I'd like some unpredictable randomness - so you can't just pinpoint shoot from the hip on player skill alone.

45 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

Do competitive FPS weapons standards (and mechanics) have to infect every game?

I skimmed his post a little, but i would say its more of an immersion thing to have the gun move slightly to account for the "randomness" of the shot as opposed to emulating competitive FPS mechanics.  but i am probably wrong lol.

That being said.  meh I can take it or leave it.  I get what they are going for, and don't need gun movements added to the game.  I think there are more important things to work on.  Now if they had a team of 100 people working on this game as if it was a AAA game, then yeah I'd kind-of expect these elements to make it into the game lol.

I don't see what that would change. All the players I know either use melee weapons most of the time, where that doesn't matter anyway, or they use automatic weapons where the spread is given anyway. A few dozen bullets are shot in the direction of the zombie and maybe even some hit.

6 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I don't see what that would change.

I don't think it would actually change anything, it's not really trying to. I think the core of the suggestion is just give a "breathing animation" to the gun and have it follow/reveal the real point of aim without using the laser sight. It would make for a less static hand animation view, which gives the view a little life.

For game mechanics, it would open an avenue to take more accurate shots without the dot; most people will not use it most of the time, a lot of people never. I would use it occasionally, like I do with the dot; but I like to play going for "headshots only" even when things get a little hectic. The suggestion still has a drawback compared to the dot, you wouldn't see when the bulletproof air around a chair is going to eat your bolt.

I'd mostly like it from the "less still animation" -perspective. I'd still get my dot eventually :)