Can't join LOCAL server -1 dynamic music was not in bloodmoon state cache disconnect

getgcs

16 hours ago, getgcs said:

Well guys I hosted it on my friends computer different house and now it works on all computers. Same clients too so it had to be the router on my side. I did forward the port. Not using the dmz.

If you installed all the computers and software on your own computers and probably all the same way but didn't on your friends computer (i.e. he could have different antivirus software for example) it could still have been your PCs config/setup/software as well as the router.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

If you installed all the computers and software on your own computers and probably all the same way but didn't on your friends computer (i.e. he could have different antivirus software for example) it could still have been your PCs config/setup/software as well as the router.

Yeah maybe a combo? I did add the clients folder and save folder to my sons malwarebytes and I disabled the shields. But now I got the same error from my computer trying to join the server (hosted now at my friends) bloodmoon state cache disconnect crap... My client joined the server yesterday fine. I will post a new client log and server log.

Thanks for your continued support!

I would like to suggest better bug reporting in the server so this doesn't happen. Ive had this problem about a year ago too as soon as 20.6 came out with EOS cross platform stuff..

my client log: https://pastebin.com/r6pPgr1A

my server log https://pastebin.com/K9D2ydGT

Oh you said that error was a warning hmm I'm not sure where the error is then...

I did get into the game a couple times before and now. The error still happens, when it disconnects me, it just sits either on the receiving and loading configs screen or its the initializing world screen... most recently its the configs screen though from when I couldn't get on my friends today.

I can get in but not my sons. His malwarebytes is free version so no shields. His player file doesnt get created on the remote server save folder at all. Initializing the world is the part where it just loads until crashing. The same logs as above.

12 minutes ago, getgcs said:

I can get in but not my sons. His malwarebytes is free version so no shields. His player file doesnt get created on the remote server save folder at all. Initializing the world is the part where it just loads until crashing. The same logs as above.

Just because it's the free version with no shields, it doesn't mean that data being modified in memory is going to be ignored by it. 

30 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Just because it's the free version with no shields, it doesn't mean that data being modified in memory is going to be ignored by it. 

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

"Something" is blocking your connection to the server. The most likely candidate is any antivirus software that you have installed. Whether you have the free or premium version of Malwarebytes, it can still block your connection. Also be sure you are connected via ethernet and not wifi as wifi is not duplex.

(1) If you are on a Windows machine and Windows Defender is active, then both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender can block your connection. Deactivating is not enough as some of the processes can still block your connection. You must create an exclusion for both the game folder and the saves folder(usually %AppData/Roaming/7DaystoDie) in both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender.

(2) If you have an expensive router, there are settings that can block your connection usually labeled as giving your pc priority of bandwidth. Usually spending the time to look over the router settings should let you know.

(3) Normally, when you install the game it also creates openings in your firewall to allow the game access to the internet so it's worthwhile checking that the game has permission to go through your firewall.

(4) In rare cases, certain ISP's prevent you or the software from forwarding the ports necessary for the game to fully function properly. Check with your ISP that they are not blocking port forwarding. If they are, ask them to forward the ports people have listed above.

(5) Lastly, be sure that you are not running any network optimizing software in the background. These softwares purport to give priority to your pc to the internet and can at times create problems.

These are the only things that I can think of that could cause your problem, maybe someone else can think of other potential solutions.

20 hours ago, getgcs said:

Oh you said that error was a warning hmm I'm not sure where the error is then...

There doesn't need to be an error. A program waiting endlessly for some signal that never comes or doing something in a loop without ever reaching the end condition is as broken as one that displays an error.

20 hours ago, getgcs said:

I did get into the game a couple times before and now. The error still happens, when it disconnects me, it just sits either on the receiving and loading configs screen or its the initializing world screen... most recently its the configs screen though from when I couldn't get on my friends today.

I have problems interpreting the logfile because of all the log entries produced by mods, so the following is half guessing. It is entirely possibly I read something completely wrong as the results are puzzling:

In the client logfile I see you trying to connect to the server at 13:03 but immediately failing. Then at 13:31 you try to connect per IP address and seem to succeed, but the logfile stops before important stuff happens. How long have you waited until giving up? Is the client logfile complete, i.e. is " The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'P_Holo_Planet_03') is missing!" really the last line in there if you look at the original?

The server logfile seems to indicate that you left the game running overnight but started the savegame at 13:39, so it wouldn't be a surprise that you couldn't connect at 13:03, but a big surprise that the 13:31 attempt seems to go further. But again the logfile stops before the server is even finished loading the world. Are the clocks on both those PCs in sync?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

16 hours ago, getgcs said:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

What Star and Meganoth said is what I meant.

So, the mod works by injecting the code into memory. A bit of a "risky" method, but it's not a bad thing really. However, if you've got an overzealous anti-virus, that memory is likely to be blocked from modification or get corrupted (or both), or, it could be delayed from happening so long the game craps out or you get booted from the server, etc.

3rd party anti-virus software usually is overzealous and notorious for ignoring/not setting user settings. This is kind of scare-ware, in that it makes you think it's doing a lot of work protecting you when really it's just hindering what you want to do. Moreso, memory injection is a common malware practice, so it makes sense AV programs would investigate this. 

The way the game is crashing, with it just ending in the log with no "exiting game"/"error happened, crashing", it is projecting something outside the game made it happen. You're using a memory-injected mod (again, it's okay, but it is likely a reason) and an overzealous AV software, so if it breaks that memory the program will just be killed or just die. 

So, all of this to say, I would say Malwarebytes would be a quick troubleshooting.