(A20) Wild West Mod - 7 Days in the Wild West

arramus

53 minutes ago, arramus said:

Yes, these particular POIs can be rough. The creator gives fair warning for what's to come.

Spoiler

The Fort is OK. Enemies are spaced out and you have space to maneuver. And so far they were too many glowing ones.

The Snake Bite though is bordering on ridiculous. Way too many overpowered enemies in that basement, twisting corridors, fake walls, and so on. I just managed to clear it for the first time and it's been kind of frustrating.

56 minutes ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

Hide contents

The Fort is OK. Enemies are spaced out and you have space to maneuver. And so far they were too many glowing ones.

The Snake Bite though is bordering on ridiculous. Way too many overpowered enemies in that basement, twisting corridors, fake walls, and so on. I just managed to clear it for the first time and it's been kind of frustrating.

Yes. The Fort is not one of Medusa's and uses orthodox groups. That other one is a law unto itself for sure. It requires preparation and planning and is most definitely not orthodox. The general consensus has been to leave that particular one as it is. The others have been mellowed to bring them closer, but not exactly, to orthodox setup.

15 hours ago, Canute said:

Hast das gleiche problem wie ich gehabt.
Da ist ist ein hase hinter einem Strohballen, wenn du ins Fort reingehst links vor dem Stall.

You got the same problem like me before.

There is a rabbit behind some haybale, at the left side when you enter the fort.

You can see in my screenshot that there is NO RABBIT there, unfortunately there is nothing left to find and the quest cannot be completed :(

16 hours ago, arramus said:

Feel free to share feedback directly to Medusa in the Tallman Brad Discord linked in the first post.

This thread is primarily just to share the mod in the forum.

There is a little guide in the mod which describes Medusa POIs as being more challenging than others. This was actually a request by a majority during initial development and they were reluctant to lower the challenge to provide a more T6 feel. This was potentially influenced by discussion in the CP Discord as it appears there may be more focus in that direction as well. They have been revised here and there over the past month and the current build has been met with the most approval across the spectrum. While those during initial development felt they became a little too light for their liking, they could understand comments on the other side and compromised. I'm not sure what build you are using as the mod is updated quite regularly, including POI balancing. All I can suggest on that is don't select Medusa's POIs as a quest. And if there is a lot of heat from a POI you don't know, it could well be a Medusa POI and best to not enter. I'm not going to mention this to the team because it has received a lot of discussion and rebalancing and this current build has been accepted on both sides.

As for the Fort, removing the rabbit may have introduced an issue. Checking all of the sleeper volumes in the Editor showed none are overlapping, all numbers and groups are appropriate, and all volumes are accessible. This POI was a specific request for the theme. The way it is laid out and the way the game handles spawning may not quite be as the Dev's intended as it is quite an open world type of POI with minimal scripted routing. I shall spend some time with the volumes and consider alternative more orthodox options to ensure it doesn't overwhelm the spawning. The number of spawns in that POI have been regulated to ensure there aren't too many at once as a players works their way through, but such is with open POIs.

Ok... 
Unfortunately I can't use Discord and only have this opportunity to discuss it, I'm sorry.

Of course I didn't read about the Medusa pois beforehand. Personally, I find this really exaggerated and in my opinion that takes away a lot of the appeal of the mod.
I have now tried your fort a third and a fourth time and could not complete it both times. This time it was at a different point.
I play a lot of mods and never had such problems with the prefabs! Everything always worked with the quest. But here in the Wild West, unfortunately, it doesn't work for me at all. It's a shame, I really liked the mod, but now I'm constantly stuck on these quests that I can't finish and that's annoying.
It's a shame, but there's probably nothing you can do about it. 

Bild1.png

Edited by Shemasheko (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Shemasheko said:

You can see in my screenshot that there is NO RABBIT there, unfortunately there is nothing left to find and the quest cannot be completed :(

I removed the first rabbit, but there were another 3 tucked away in the corners or inside other buildings. It was a pretty long time ago it was made and I don't keep up with such counts. Using the find block removed them and that POI was pushed as an update. It was tested to completion and looks fine now.

A bug report has been made to TFP relating to both rabbits (consistently recalcitrant in the HUD for targets) and chickens (periodically appearing as both a target and appearing as well as a passive entity). Any further posts about rabbits will be directed to this report.

14 hours ago, Shemasheko said:

I play a lot of mods and never had such problems with the prefabs! Everything always worked with the quest. But here in the Wild West, unfortunately, it doesn't work for me at all. It's a shame, I really liked the mod, but now I'm constantly stuck on these quests that I can't finish and that's annoying.

It's a shame, but there's probably nothing you can do about it. 

This has been reported as a bug for both Rabbits and to some extent chickens that are placed in POIs. While they have been removed from the POIs that I know contain them, there may be more. This may not be the most suitable mod at the moment if it's not working out for you and it's fortunate there are plenty of other mods out there until this has been resolved and stabilises.

Good day Arramus

I asked this yesterday on Discord and didn't get an answer, so I'm asking here>

Question: Just wondering, in the Dev. Build version .. has "caughtchick" been removed from Loot.xml .... I was going to adjust to med, so I wouldn't have to search 100+ nest for a chick .. Lol 😉

Thank you and Enjoy, The Old Gamer 😌

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

3 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day Arramus

I asked this yesterday on Discord and didn't get an answer, so I'm asking here>

Question: Just wondering, in the Dev. Build version .. has "caughtchick" been removed from Loot.xml .... I was going to adjust to med, so I wouldn't have to search 100+ nest for a chick .. Lol 😉

Thank you and Enjoy, The Old Gamer 😌

I do believe we discussed this quite recently in the thread and nothing has changed this that time.

For some reason the nest is not working out for your build. I have visited a few online servers this week and each one has been giving Caught Chicks in the Birds Nest.

This is how it works.
There is group Bird Nest 01 and 02. They combine into group Bird Nest.

This is connected to the Bird's Nests we see on the ground and collect from.

1 to 2 items are always taken from 02. Most of the time it is feathers due to the high loot probability. Sometimes an egg is pulled. And quite rarely at about 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 times a Caught Chick appears.

<!-- *** Bird_Nest -->
<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest01" count="1">
    <item name="resourceFeather" count="1"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest02" count="1,2">
    <item name="foodEgg" loot_prob_template="medLow"/>
    <item name="resourceFeather" count="1,5" loot_prob_template="high"/>
    <item name="CaughtChick" loot_prob_template="veryLow"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest" count="all">
    <item group="groupBirdNest01" count="1"/>
    <item group="groupBirdNest02" loot_prob_template="high"/>
</lootgroup>

I have no idea why this is not happening in your case. There are two options to resolve this:

1. Share your log so we can see what is happening as the game loads.

2. Invite me into your playthrough so I can check things out.

The Caught Chick feature will not be removed because it is essential and the only way to populate the Coops.

Thank you arramus.

Yesterday, that line was missing:<item name="CaughtChick" loot_prob_template="veryLow"/> from the .xml .... But I Played this morning and did a refresh on the game before playing and I just check the file again and it is there,☺️ so I'm thinking somehow that line got dropped when I installed game yesterday.

Everything was and read just you have listed above, except that one line ... I personally have no clue on what happened.

Sorry to have bothered you ... Have a good week and Enjoy. 😌

I'll delete the question on Discord when I log back in.

7 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Thank you arramus.

Yesterday, that line was missing:<item name="CaughtChick" loot_prob_template="veryLow"/> from the .xml .... But I Played this morning and did a refresh on the game before playing and I just check the file again and it is there,☺️ so I'm thinking somehow that line got dropped when I installed game yesterday.

Everything was and read just you have listed above, except that one line ... I personally have no clue on what happened.

Sorry to have bothered you ... Have a good week and Enjoy. 😌

I'll delete the question on Discord when I log back in.

I checked the Github update history and this line was never removed which infers it was a one off anomaly for whatever reason, it doesn't matter.
With veryLow you should see a 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 success rate with very very rare occasions of finding 2 at the same time as it does two passes when it gets added to.

Personally, I find the weather settings a bit too extreme. As I live in the desert biome, I have to deal with a storm most of the time.

There's a lot of rain (which I find unrealistic for this area). But the most annoying part is that visibility is cut to practically zero, despite the daylight. Not even the add-on for better headlights on the Iron Horse makes any difference. 

AfDeQbZ.jpg

Is there any way to tune the weather settings to keep your original purpose (high-temperature difference between day and night) while allowing for better visibility?

4 hours ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

Is there any way to tune the weather settings to keep your original purpose (high-temperature difference between day and night) while allowing for better visibility?

There is indeed. Head to the Mods\1-WildWestMod\Config\biomes.xml file. At the top are the weather settings for each biome. At the end of each line is the original default setting. This will help you gauge and edit to something that matches your personal ideas.

20 hours ago, EuroBudgetGamer said:

And would you mind sharing the length of your Game Day setting? We tested the updated weather settings in 120 minute days and it is quite reasonable with periodic weather pattern changes during this length. It could well be that the changes are linked to Game Day length if yours is lower and the changes are notably regular and frequent. This will help us re-calibrate if that is the case.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:18 AM, arramus said:

And would you mind sharing the length of your Game Day setting? We tested the updated weather settings in 120 minute days and it is quite reasonable with periodic weather pattern changes during this length. It could well be that the changes are linked to Game Day length if yours is lower and the changes are notably regular and frequent. This will help us re-calibrate if that is the case.

I am using the standard 60 minutes for one game day.

As a side note - one of the main reasons I love this mod is a fanfiction story: Wild West Harry Potter. Unfortunately, it is abandoned, but what little there is makes for great reading.

Edited by EuroBudgetGamer (see edit history)

On 3/28/2023 at 10:32 AM, arramus said:

A bug report has been made to TFP relating to both rabbits (consistently recalcitrant in the HUD for targets) and chickens (periodically appearing as both a target and appearing as well as a passive entity). Any further posts about rabbits will be directed to this report.

This has been reported as a bug for both Rabbits and to some extent chickens that are placed in POIs. While they have been removed from the POIs that I know contain them, there may be more. This may not be the most suitable mod at the moment if it's not working out for you and it's fortunate there are plenty of other mods out there until this has been resolved and stabilises.

The rabbit issue received a short response from TFP QA as follows:

Hello,  and thank you for reporting.

This is known,  and should be fixed in A21.  Please wait and try again after that update.

We shall check again for A21 and reinstate them within POIs should that be the case.

Oakraven kindly shared an update for the Gatling model and this has been added to the Github and Moddb uploads.

It also received some re-balancing updates to increase durability through durability values, lower rate of fire (a lot of ammo was redundantly shot after an entity was downed) and by association increases durability as they are linked together, reduce mobility debuff, and provide increased capacity and ammo stacking. This weapon still requires Crater Bear teeth for the trigger and repairing but repair frequency will see a noticable reduction.

mHyYypp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded this mod today to the mod launcher.  When I logged in my inventory screen is blank.  I can pick items up but they disappear. I deleted the newest update and downloaded an older version.  Would you by chance know how I can get the inventory screen back?  

12 hours ago, Grey Lady said:

I downloaded this mod today to the mod launcher.  When I logged in my inventory screen is blank.  I can pick items up but they disappear. I deleted the newest update and downloaded an older version.  Would you by chance know how I can get the inventory screen back?  

Hello Grey Lady. Thank you for reporting this issue.

I am using the most recent version of the Github Development Build. That is also the one that the 7D2D Mod Launcher downloads.
I do not use the 7D2D Mod Launcher because I use the Github Desktop Downloader instead. This ensures I can support that method as it is officially supported by the Wild West Mod team.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer any advice or support for the 7D2D Mod Launcher. This is because I do not want to give any bad advice. It is also because it is best to discuss Mod Launcher downloads directly with the 7D2D Mod Launcher team. This ensures they are aware of the issue and can see what may be causing it; be it a conflict or installation issue.

Here is a link for the 7D2D Mod Launcher Discord (It expires after 7 days)
https://discord.gg/JQJ5q2NT

This issue has been reported elsewhere. I could see a screenshot of the inventory area blanked out for the Mod Launcher version. I have shared this screenshot in the Mod Launcher Discord with a brief description of the issue. Unfortunately, that is as much as we can do. The Mod Launcher creator is very responsive and I am sure a resolution can be found soon enough. Even if it requires the Wild West Mod supporting an additional feature that the Mod Launcher requires, we will do what we can to ensure they remain compatible.

I could test Version 5 of the Mod Launcher against the current Github Build. I was unable to replicate the issue.
The Mod Launcher team also tested the same builds but were unable to replicate the issue.
They are inviting anyone with this issue to visit their Discord so they can provide a much deeper level of support.

They will help with checking pathing, conflicting mods, permissions, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a recent update for the Wild West Mod

1. Bisons

Bisons have been added to the Desert biome and Wasteland biome in 3 forms.

The Desert has a territorial Bison which will attack you on sight. Players can eliminate this one and receive XP.

The Desert has a peaceful Bison which will only attack if it is attacked. Players should not attack this one. Eliminating a peaceful Bison gives minus 2500 XP

The Wasteland, Wandering Hordes, and Horde Night have a Zombie Bison.

A very simple rule is, if it attacks you without provocation, eliminate it. Otherwise, leave them alone as background roamers.

Asse67v.jpg

2. Melee Kitchen Tools

A ladle, pan, and skillet can be used as Melee weapons. These are hooked up to Pummel Pete just like a club. They make a boing sound for a solid hit or a gentle thumb for a graze.

Here is the hierarchy of strengths:

- Wooden Club

- Ladle (can be made on the person but needs a repair kit to repair)

- Baseball Bat / Cosh

- Pan

- Steel Club

- Skillet

hsIGw96.jpg

3. Entities

A number of new entities have been added to POIs and out in the Biomes. Some shoot projectiles, while others will attempt to chop you up.

Here is an example of one of them, the Spider Glider. This one appears in the Forest, Snow, and Desert at night, and the Wasteland at any time.

ri2ZG1A.jpg

There are a number of small patches and bug updates here and there.

One additional and optional side feature is Oakraven's Pets and Guards Mod made into an Oak's Wild West Mod Guards (with just the guard feature).

These can be found in Balloon Drops and at the Traders.

Qt6FirR.jpg

This additional Mod can be downloaded here.

https://github.com/arramus/Oaks-Wild-West-Mod-Guards