Can i increase the Block limit (how high is it exactly)

kanealpha

I haven't played for a while and after coming back and installing the latest versions of my mods (which seem to have added additional items/blocks) i noticed that some items from some blocks didn't appear (no toolbar icon, not listed in the admin spawn list, when placed they didn't have an ingame model or the green placement rectangle)

I don't have that many mods, even deleted some that haven't been updated for a while but still worked, but those that i do still have add quite a lot of blocks each. i don't wanna miss any of them though. It appears that i exceeded the block limit which i can't understand since i even deleted 12 Mods which worked before

Without more information that ST stated, we can't help much more than general statements...but from the blocks.xml file

<!-- Block limit: There can be 32k blocks in the game.  0-255 are reserved for air/terrain blocks.
    IDs are generated internally on loading the game/blocks/items (1 byte for terrain, 2 for the rest).

Note that CreativeMode=Test means that they only show in the creative menu in Unity and with the "Dev Blocks" button on.

This is vanilla'ish number of blocks (from my modded play, but none of the mods I have in this increases the number of blocks in game)

2023-01-20T09:55:15 587.627 INF Block IDs with mapping
Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 9)
2023-01-20T09:55:15 587.633 INF Block IDs total 13640, terr 44, last 13848
2023-01-20T09:55:15 587.640 INF Loaded (local): blocks

So if you are reaching the limit, your mods have to be adding over 18k blocks to the game.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

I have more than 32k. I have ~33500. I know that Darkness falls and Admin Blocks added some more blocks with the recent updates but i Also deleted 7 mods from Guppycur, Lava-, Lightning--, Blood-, Ice Blocks, Decorations plus and CCTV recently. And i had even more mods in my last playthrough

I also tried starting a new game, verifying files and all that. Even tried renaming the mod names since 7dtd loads the mods alphabetically. Strangely those last two ones show up fine even though they should be and with the current arrangement (renaming Admin Blocks and Telrics) i don't seem to have significant issues (there might be blocks missing but none i noticed so far.

https://justpaste.it/2djep

modlist attached

modlist.PNG

Darkness Falls is an overhaul mod. Which means it doesn't play well with additional mods, especially if those additional mods change something DF has already changed. 

The DF team strongly suggests not adding additional mods to the DF mod. Frankly you'll be told flat out to delete them. 

If you insists on having additional mods with DF here's something you can try:

1) delete all mods except DF. Make sure you can play it in single player with no issues. 

2) add each additional mod one at a time to see if they will play nice together. Remember though that even if one additional mod will work with DF it might not with another additional mod you've added. 

Good Luck. 

16 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

Darkness Falls is an overhaul mod. Which means it doesn't play well with additional mods, especially if those additional mods change something DF has already changed. 

The DF team strongly suggests not adding additional mods to the DF mod. Frankly you'll be told flat out to delete them. 

If you insists on having additional mods with DF here's something you can try:

1) delete all mods except DF. Make sure you can play it in single player with no issues. 

2) add each additional mod one at a time to see if they will play nice together. Remember though that even if one additional mod will work with DF it might not with another additional mod you've added. 

Good Luck. 

I played DF for years now. With these exact mods and more. I start every new game from 0 and add the mods step by step. Never had any issues esp. not these disappearing blocks. Thats why i am kinda sure its not DF in general but probably something that has been added over the last months

On 1/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, kanealpha said:

I haven't played for a while and after coming back

It's def all those extra mods or stand alone conflicting with another stand alone. What I explained above will be exactly what you will be told on the DF Mod discord by the Dev and his testers. Good Luck though. Hope you figure it out.