(A12) The Walking Dead Mod

Chaosocks

Antibiotics do not add the cured effect anymore, I removed that.

Zombies have a lot more health now, it's hard to scale explosions up to enough damage to kill them without having weird effects or making them to over powered. IN the next version more effort will be made into balancing explosions.

Antibiotics do not add the cured effect anymore, I removed that.

Zombies have a lot more health now, it's hard to scale explosions up to enough damage to kill them without having weird effects or making them to over powered. IN the next version more effort will be made into balancing explosions.

I research a bit on the cap for TNT damage (explosion damage in general and some body found that it's capped around 400)

and therefore 1k+ HP for zombie is a problem for the current cap

I was able to fix this by making the zombie HP back to default and add these to all of the weapon (thing that you can left click to attack Zombie)

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="10" />
<property name="DamageBonus.torso" value="0.1" />
<property name="DamageBonus.body" value="0.1" />
<property name="DamageBonus.leftarm" value="0.1" />
<property name="DamageBonus.rightarm" value="0.1" />
<property name="DamageBonus.leftleg" value="0.1" />
<property name="DamageBonus.rightleg" value="0.1" />

With this modification, explosion will kill zombie as normal and zombie will only die if you headshot them (like what you want when you modify the head modification to 100 - i drop it down to 10 --> 20 attack * 10 = 200 = dead for normal zombie but need 1-2 more hit for bosses (fat cop)

I also lower the animal HP

rabbit = 1 --> 1 hit kill

stag and pig = 50 --> need 3-4 body hit to kill them [i use fine crossbow]

bear = 150 --> as tough as zombie but head shot is deadly

Hope this can help you to perfect ur mod :)

I really have no interest in doing something like that, sorry. A13 will totally change around how zombies will need to take damage to their body parts, and you can expect something new then. Also, I am pretty sure that only DamageBonus.head is a real command, I have never seen, nor heard of other body parts being recognizable by the XML (yet) ... If they are, that's news to me!

In the mean time, zombies having lots of health is working as intended, trying to add those effects to every weapon creates possibility for inconsistency and methods of easily killing zombies to slip through. The toughness of the zombies is basically all they have going for them difficulty wise... Also applying those changes on all weapons and all zombies would require changing every zombie and every weapon in the game, which would take basically rebuilding half this mod from the ground up... the end result would be barely noticeable, accept that higher difficulties would be waaay easier.... >.>

Also, animals are already really easy to kill.... even on the highest difficulty... ESPECIALLY bears... in fact I had already decided to seriously increase the bears health in the next update... bears have been known to survive an entire magazine of pistol shots to the head IRL.... BUT, in the next update you'll be able to use bullet/arrow wounds to injure and follow them like real animals instead of just clicking on them and instantly getting piles of meat. So hunting will be more 'fun' and less shooting randomly at the enemy and hoping the bullets don't phase through that glitchy mess of a deer mesh.... XD

After the new limb removal makes it into the game I will make a lot of serious changes to how zombies take damage, but for the time being the method I have works well.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

The other body part bonuses do work. But the zombies are only mapped for "head" materials.

So does that mean they don't work now, but probably will in A13?

I wonder if you could use that to get the game to register different buffs for being hit in the arm/leg/chest... I would weep a the ability to do that!

If it works for A13, then something like what he described might make it into the next version, since I have to rebuild the entire mod from the ground up anyways... lol

I want to make mines only damage legs so they blow them off but don't kill the zombies... !

(if the pimps don't do that already)

I don't know if they had the limbs mapped the same way they did with heads for the limb removal system.

But buffs ALREADY work that way. If you map a buff to only work on the torso, it won't work if you target the head/limbs. That's how I made armor-piercing and hollow point bullets work; AP rounds deal additional damage on headshots, hollow points on torso.

I don't know if they had the limbs mapped the same way they did with heads for the limb removal system.

But buffs ALREADY work that way. If you map a buff to only work on the torso, it won't work if you target the head/limbs. That's how I made armor-piercing and hollow point bullets work; AP rounds deal additional damage on headshots, hollow points on torso.

Alright cool, most of modding knowledge comes from my own ripping apart and studying the XML myself, so some things have managed to totally slip by me!

You are kinda confusing me though, you say 'buff', but then talk about damage... I am meaning adding in a new buff like 'bleeding', that apply specifically when being hit on each part of the body respectively. To my knowldge, something like that can't be done yet... Just doing more damage to each body part is cool, and will likely be included, but really doesn't help me with my mod, since the next build especially is going to be designed around staying totally healthy and uninjured long term! >.<

I mean that you can mod a buff that deals damage, the same way how critical hits work today. If you make a "bleeding" buff that deals 100 damage over 0 seconds, it immediately deals 100 damage, like a critical hit does. The "critical hit" tag on buffs.xml makes the buff work like this: above 50% the percentage works as normally, below 50% it gradually reduces the chance. Removing it will keep the percentile regardless of your stamina level.

I mean that you can mod a buff that deals damage, the same way how critical hits work today. If you make a "bleeding" buff that deals 100 damage over 0 seconds, it immediately deals 100 damage, like a critical hit does. The "critical hit" tag on buffs.xml makes the buff work like this: above 50% the percentage works as normally, below 50% it gradually reduces the chance. Removing it will keep the percentile regardless of your stamina level.

But still, just damage on impact? I am looking to apply actual buffs,not 'buff' the damage... Like, from the buffs XML that can apply effect like slowed speed and stamina drain, and will last for a long time after the wound, and have to be healed like the bleeding wound. Not just damage. As I said, just inflicting different damage to parts of the body isn't a big deal to me outside of headshot = dead XD

nice mod, only played for 2 hours so far but I like it a lot.

- damn the spawns are nasty in this mod, I have hordes breathing down my neck all the time

- storage crates should have a little more slots (3x4 or maybe 4x4 instead of the 3x3). Or in alternative, it'd be nice to have another variant of the storage crates (using the same model) that have more slots but require a lot more resources (planks) to create.

- the 'buffs' from zombie bites are really harsh when starting new game

Gozer,

Great to see another person who has seen the light.

I too found it hard to adjust to having such limited space in chests. I tend to believe this mod (or at least the latest version) works best on more of a nomadic play style as the heat hordes just get too much otherwise.

I have a number of fortified (but not spiked) positions that I get into as quietly as possible.

The 'buffs' are still quite harsh even later in the game (which keeps things interesting after day 30). The trick is not to take risk's like it is a game and get bitten :). I find myself keeping my distance and double checking things as much as possible (corners, exits, door ways blocked). Isn't it a great feeling to actually fear the Z's again.

Yeah, he is right about not taking risks!! The nasty side effects of getting bite are designed to ALWAYS keep you on your toes around zombies, and then spawning is designed to make sure there are ALWAYS zombies there to make you uneasy XD It's suppose to feel like 'there world'

They are slow and dumb though, avoiding getting bit isn't to hard... most of the time... >w>

I am already planning on adding in multiple sized storage containers in the next build. ^__^

• 2 months later...
Hi!

Will/can you update this to a13+?

I'm sorry for the delay guys, I bought Bloodborne.... like months later I am finally to the point my interest can focus on other games again! XD

Anyways, I am actually planning on making an A13 version of this mod, and the time was not totally wasted, I've thought up some really cool ideas and have a game plane!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Alright, I'll fix it next time I edit the post!

So many of the new features go well with this mod!

I am excited myself to see what I can do with this version <3

I intend to see just how many zombies I can get this game to spit out at you, huhu

If they are slow you can handle the FPS when that super horde comes more?

The lack of rivers will make my ability to control your food and water in take wonderfully! The motorbike is going to be really fun to play with... I wonder if I can make whole bikes spawn... hmmm

hey can u please tell me how to put this mod in my server (or any mods) cause i cant figure it out. i have a 7 days to die game servers server that i bought.

Is the mod still working properly?

Hey guys,

I'm quite new to the game, and it didn't take me long to start looking for a mod that offers a Walking Dead type experience. I found that A15 version on Nexusmods, but I'm not entirely sure if the mod works correctly??

I've just finished my 7th day in my Singleplayer game and I was VERY surprised to find that a Feral Horde was triggered with the Blood moon on the 7th night (luckily I was prepared). From all the info I was able to find, I was under the impression that the Feral horde has been disabled for this mod, and in its place there is just an ever growing wandering Horde that has a chance to spawn and roam at any given point in time.

I've also found a Feral zombie inside a Church building in a town I came across as well as a random Football sprinter zombie in the middle of a desert - again, I was under the assumption that special zombies had been disabled for this mod.

However, the zombies DO take a long time to kill with body shots, however they die within 1-2 headshots with an arrow. I've also not seen any dogs at all. I have also seen several smaller mobs of walkers spawn in at random and wander in my general direction. And lastly, I started the game with a bedroll in my inventory and they require materials to make that are NOT required in the base game.

These points all seem in line with what this mod is supposed to offer. My question is, is this mod working as intended or have there been changes since A15.0 that have caused parts of this mod to no longer work?

Archived