(A12) The Walking Dead Mod

Chaosocks

I was doing good in my test game, and then died like 4 times in a row cause I was playing with some friends over.

Didn't want to restart! lol Some people don't like restarting, so I powered on... Once you get down that low, it's hard to get back up.

Yeah, playing with the progression of infection is complicated, I haven't dove into it yet.

If you stay very well fed, in my experience the damage it does on stage one is almost negligible. I haven't gotten to stage 2 yet, but I think I may soon on my character...

Yeah, 1HKO basically just means you die in one hit I guess I assumed everyone knew that. XD

Ah multi player,

Is there anyway to change the re-spawn mechanics to remove the negative effects all together? It is a nice "feature", but I can see people may want to remove altogether.

Yeah I know 1HKO but I'm always cautions with conversations as Im used to been in the "older" generation when playing online.

I've played everything from atari, to SNES to a PS3, so I know a lot of various gamer lingo. lol Just none of that MOBA crap that all those guys seem to think we all know but nobody but them know.

I wish I could, but respawning is something way more hard coded then tweaking with the XMLs. I've never even seen a mod that does something like that!!

I find this mod best for playing Iron Mad Mode! Or something close to it.

As much as I want to prevent abusing things, if you are the kind of player to just abuse an exploit to play the game in a totally wrong way, then maybe you shouldn't be downloading a gameplay based mod? =[ (Not directing this at anyone) Most exploits requiring going out of your way to use at this point. If you are at minimum wellness, killing yourself to get rid of infection is the only issue, but if you are at minimum wellness and infected you are probably about to delete your character in frustration anyways, so...

Hmm, I had an idea while playing. A VERY SLOW health buff while standing on the sleeping bag. Basically to simulate you resting and recovering. Combine with health boost and you can recover from wounds pretty well!

I want to figure out have to have a 'bad wound' that patches into a 'patched wound' that continues to hurt and bother you for a long time, but only mildly, making it so that all these small haling buffs can help you 'heal' these wounds without painkillers!

Hmm, I had an idea while playing. A VERY SLOW health buff while standing on the sleeping bag. Basically to simulate you resting and recovering. Combine with health boost and you can recover from wounds pretty well!

I want to figure out have to have a 'bad wound' that patches into a 'patched wound' that continues to hurt and bother you for a long time, but only mildly, making it so that all these small haling buffs can help you 'heal' these wounds without painkillers!

You can look at how the Infection code progresses and build a new buff off of that one. Here is an example of the first line of an illness. After that come the modifiers.

<buff id="illness3" name="Illness Stage 3" mutex="illness2,illness" type="sickness" duration="1200t" actions="increment(@wellness, -0.25, 100t, 0, 3)" onexpired="illness4" description="I am ill...I need some rest." icon=""> 

So when it expires it moves on to the next stage. It has 4 stages. You could do the same with an injury that takes time to heal; make it progressively 'improve' until eventually the player is healed.

Use ondebuff in "bad wound" to give the "patched wound" buff.

Yeah I have tried to fix the flooding issue, every time I edit the RWG mixer it makes the game crash, even if it's exactly the same as before I edited... Just re-saving it seems to do.

I figured out that MP and SP generates different seeds,

The walkingdead seed I use was for SP

I have been using the see glipglop for me an my friend in co-op

And thanks for the advice on the buffs guys, but for the most part I generally know what to do, it's just actually figuring out how to make it into something I want and testing something that takes days of progression to test! XP

Ok, I took the plunge yesterday and reset my SP game.

Wow what a difference this seed is.

After 8 hours of gaming (I like days set to 60min) I have come to one conclusion. Some of the new prefabs are very OP. Im not sure I agree with them all been in. For example, After 5 days "hiding" in cabins in the edge of desert, just making do & starting a farm and forge. I went exploring, I've now managed to find a secure water treatment plant? (with the large basement and full setup). I don't even know if I need to leave (other then getting some dirt for the roof garden).

Chaosocks, you mentioned using a different seed for MP, did you end up setting up a server? public or private?

Yeah, some of the buildings are pretty OP, but at the same time some of the default ones can be...

Finding and defending good buildings is some what suppose to be part of the experience.

However being 100% safe isn't for sure. Given the lack of 7 day hordes if you are buried in somewhere getting drug out by the zombies can be kinda tough.

I am designing a totally new buff and injury system right now... But that won't help with this issue much, but it's a lot funner then the current method of bleeding and infection every single hit!

I wish I could make zombies never give up... Ideally I would like to actually lower their damage to structures, but have them bunch up and continually attack until you go clear them.

Fair call some of the default prefabs are OP but I find that is normally balanced with the fact the my "favorite" ones are in the hub with increased activity.

Ohhhh awesome. I love the idea of "never give up" and the Z's just wondering around at the fence.

Could you turn the "7 day horde" into a daily horde that way the will always be aggressive and "find you", but lower the block damage to next to nothing and set to walk? that way you could have aggressing/ non aggressive hordes and never really know what you are going to get or even make them hordes of "x" type of Z only with high player damage but low block damage, then the rest of the Z's could break down the walls? Ohhh the possibilities.

Yeah I'll be looking forward to the new injury system.

Edited (REALLY bad spelling)

I probably could do something like that..I would have to see if those zombies will continue that behavior for days like they should.

But it gives me another idea. Just turning on feral mode, and balancing for that!

I am pretty sure that will work. Given how aggressive and determined the zombies are on the show, I think there sense of smell would make them behave like 'ferals'...

I could slow them down, lower there block damage, tweak the numbers that spawn during the day so it's not to abrasive.

Hmm, I dunno which would be easier to balance for.

I think always feral may make cities a total nightmare... I'd rather stealth not be TOTALLY useless you know?

But then the horde bunching around you would give the illusion of there being way more zombies in the city, since the THOUSANDS that should be there just aren't possible... lol

LOL, now that would be an experience. Walking into a city to have every Z track you.

Yes you are right (as usual) stealth needs to be possible. Even, in the show they are able to stay quite and wait for some hordes to pass.

Maybe just making the roaming hordes (or at least some) feral and able to track/ continue to swarm you/ your base would be more realistic.

OH how I hope they can reslove the load limits and get some bigger numbers.

If they add in bigger numbers, bread crumb tracking, and sleeper zombies... Man, this mod will be pretty awesome!

Yeah, I don't think making all zombies feral is a good idea... I feel daily feral hordes might still be annoying to deal with on servers.

I haven't set up a server of my own yet BTW, though I have started testing some stuff with my friend in Co-Op!!

I am already building an 12.5 version!

It's got a lot of new features

I wasted like, 2 hours testing those new zombies. Sadly, they look amazing, but they glitch through walls and animate very badly, I don't think I am going to use them...

I decided to take out the lake generation of the prefab mod, while the worlds don't look as nice now, no more serious glitches exist, and finding water is more difficulty. Though, because of this, I may build my own Bioms.xml specifically for this mod!

it should be out in soon though, tomorrow, or a few days after.

Sounds GREAT!!!

Yes, it is very sad to hear how glitchy the new Z's are. No wonder they left them out.

Thats sad to hear about the lakes :(, but I can understand. Did you see this thread? looks like there is a solution.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32023-RWG-Larger-Cities-Water-Biomes-No-Flooding-Prefabs-Included

Thank you for the update.

Yeah, I looked through it and a similar thread, and all the fixes didn't work well enough for my tastes.

The RWGmixer is very weird as well, if I edit and resave it, it makes the game crash on load every time.. even if I don't edit anything.

I really only wanted the new prefabs anyways.

Since this mod is largely designed for "iron man" games, being able to play from any seed is very important.

Just wait for A13, the pimps are working on lakes and rivers as we speak!

A12.5 ready!!

This is sort of an experimental version!

- Hordes and such should be much larger!!

- NEW BUFF SYSTEM!! I have worked my magic on the buffs.xml! Have fun getting bit!! ^___^

- Zombie body shots now WAY less effective!!

- Lakes are removed, silenced pistol removed! (they were glitchy)

- ONE new item exists in the game. 'antieseptic bandage', which can be found in loot or crafted with grain alcohol.

HAVE FUN!!

And PLEASE report any errors you encounter to me ASAP!!

YAY YAY YAY,

Thank you so much.

Am off camping over the weekend but will let you know If I come across anything. I can see no sleep tonight :).

You may want to add your nexus mod link to the front page, (if you want to track downloads via that).

Archived