Game keeps crashing since the last update

LordJR

I got a new laptop so it's been awhile since I played the game, but there has been 1-2 updates since then. I recently installed the game fresh on a completely new laptop and it randomly crashes without warning. It doesn't really matter what I'm doing. I am able to run in Ultra video just fine, but lower the video level a level and it still crashes. 

Windows 11 / 3080 ti / i9 CPU

How do you know it is a bug and not an issue with your setup?  The link you were provided told you the information to provide in this location so people can assist you in troubleshooting.

8 minutes ago, LordJR said:

You need to FIX your Bug reporting part of the site! I just spent 30 minutes getting all the requested details and submitting it, I came back yesterday to check up on it and it is no where to be found!?

It is in there, did you search Bug Pool?  I found it and I wasn’t even looking hard.

By the way, looking at the end of your posted log shows there to be a video driver issue, a failure of directx. You could try, while waiting to see if the OA team gets you an answer, try uninstalling your video drivers using a program like DDU then installing the latest version of video drivers. Also, in case it's the videocard itself, make sure to reseat it just in case it has partially vibrated loose. Food for thought.

Also note that that laptop isn't going to do well at 4k. You will want to drop your resolution to 1440p or 1080p. Doesn't matter that it's a 12th-gen with a 3080. You might as well have a desktop 8th gen with a 1070. 

Your video driver is also from June. Install this one. Don't forget to opt out of the GeForce Experience bloatware, and you should choose Advanced to perform a clean install.

And as Star69 stated, that is a driver issue. It's not a bug with the client. You're probably just using the crap "Microsoft Certified" driver that Windows installs with major updates. It doesn't include full Direct3D support, and causes this issue.