Contacting Traders for something important

Ganeshakw

Guys, After a few gaming days, there comes a time when a player starts visiting traders in search of something. For eg. A Crucible.

Player keeps on visiting the traders, waits for their inventory change and sometimes he gets frustrated when even after making a few rounds to all the trader locations, he does not get what he requires. Here lets assume that the required materials could not be obtained even from the loot.

Can we have something like a satellite phone or something similar to that which can be used to call the trader or to find out if they have the required material or not.

Traders get lonely.  You might think it is a waste of time, but they appreciate your visits - even Rekt (he hides his love for the survivor behind his tough exterior)  😉

On a serious note, what triggers the inventory to be refreshed?  Does it first require a survivor to visit the trader and at that point the game checks the date vs the days until refresh?  If that is the case, a phone won't work unless you add that to the conditions to trigger the event.

All of that is handled via the source coding so not something easy to mod in.

I thought you could change that in the trader.xml file. Was thinking this is where...

<!-- Trader 1, carries better armor -->
    <!-- Trader Joel Note that all COUNTS are eventually multiplied by an item's EconomicBundleSize so "10 wood" in the list are "500 wood" on the trader. -->
    <trader_info id="1" full_reset="true" min_inventory="30" max_inventory="70" min_items_swapped="20" max_items_swapped="20"
        reset_interval="3" open_time="6:05" close_time="21:50">

I thought that meant the trader reset their stock every 3 days.

I may be wrong as I have never changed that number but I have changed the open time and it seemed to work.

4 hours ago, Gamida said:

I thought you could change that in the trader.xml file. Was thinking this is where...

<!-- Trader 1, carries better armor -->
    <!-- Trader Joel Note that all COUNTS are eventually multiplied by an item's EconomicBundleSize so "10 wood" in the list are "500 wood" on the trader. -->
    <trader_info id="1" full_reset="true" min_inventory="30" max_inventory="70" min_items_swapped="20" max_items_swapped="20"
        reset_interval="3" open_time="6:05" close_time="21:50">

I thought that meant the trader reset their stock every 3 days.

I may be wrong as I have never changed that number but I have changed the open time and it seemed to work.

It does.  I changed it to 7 so they restock every 7 days now instead of 3.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, Laz Man said:

So, your looking for a way to check the inventory of each trader without having to physically visit them?

Interesting Mod idea.  Would make the game more pre-apocalypse like.  Like calling Walmart or checking Amazon for availability...😅

I was just thinking about something similar but more along the lines of putting in a request to a trader. If you could access the list of everything available in the game at the trader and request that they try to obtain it for you, add say a 30% premium to the cost and then roll a random 1d6 for how long it takes them to find that item. It would cost you significantly more, and you'd have to check back occasionally to see if they had found it yet.