Assuming you are in single player, yes?

Go into console (F1)

Type: weather fog 0

That will eliminate all of the fog.

OK, not what you wanted. So, type:

weather fog 1

Gets a bit more murky, right?

Play with the fog settings to get the level you want

And stumble about to your heart's content.

I personally hate the fog, but that's just me. A short instance of fog I can handle. If it 'hangs' too long, I do an F1: weather fog 0 and emit a sigh of relief.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Diragor said:

Thank you! thats very nice to know :D I like it. Will be a nightmare in the wasteland xD what if I play on a server how can I change it there? probably the same way but I'm too dumb to make myself an admin xD

The server owner, Admin will have to do this. As an attendee to the server, you will have no rights to change the weather.

I’ve played with this mod, and made modifications to it to make the fog night and day (and foggier)

https://7daystodiemods.com/night-fog/

It’s a 1 line mod if you look at the xml file inside “Configs”. I believe the “smaller values” make the fog denser as the “fog number” appears to be a “visibility” number (maybe distance). There are 2 values: night and day (I may have these backwards). I find I like to have the night fog be “denser” than this mod (maybe cut the number in the 1/2) and for daytime make it about the original night value. Then, I set “feral sense” in the day only. In this way, you can see a bit further at the day, but are attacked more, and nighttime is actually safer to roam around, but harder to see.

also note: the night fog mod changes the fog for the entire map, not just a biome. There might be a way to change the fog per biome with a mod but to make it “all the time” I think you would have to remove all the other weather effects (as fog would be 100% weather).

Additionally, I usually like to add these mods (which are mine… shameless plug :) :

https://7daystodiemods.com/buff-ambiance-darker-nights/

https://7daystodiemods.com/buff-ambiance-darker-inside/

Side note: it’s not moddable yet, but using the console commands as people suggested , there is a command to change the fog color, but it’s a bit wonky (you can’t just say “set fog green” or red. I patiently away the day TFP allows the fog colors to be set in mods.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

I 'fogret', nah, never knew all of the weird and wonderful ways we can affect weather. But I don't know if we can make them permanent.

It's foggy so looks-like-rain. Then (F1) weather fog 0. But later it rains, so (F1) weather rain 0. But later it does indeed rain, just not so foggy. Not an expert, just know what I can do to modify on the fly.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:13 PM, doughphunghus said:

I’ve played with this mod, and made modifications to it to make the fog night and day (and foggier)

https://7daystodiemods.com/night-fog/

It’s a 1 line mod if you look at the xml file inside “Configs”. I believe the “smaller values” make the fog denser as the “fog number” appears to be a “visibility” number (maybe distance). There are 2 values: night and day (I may have these backwards). I find I like to have the night fog be “denser” than this mod (maybe cut the number in the 1/2) and for daytime make it about the original night value. Then, I set “feral sense” in the day only. In this way, you can see a bit further at the day, but are attacked more, and nighttime is actually safer to roam around, but harder to see.

I want to try it, got myself a server and made myself admin. Also want to play with some of my family members and they should have constant fog even If I am not around to type in the command. So I want to change the server to be foggy.

I downloaded the mod and tried to change it like you said in this topic

But I can't change the values it's somehow locked. How can I work around this?

32 minutes ago, Diragor said:

But I can't change the values it's somehow locked.

You cannot edit the xml file in the mod? 

- what app are you using to open the file?

- you indicate you “got a server and are admin” but I’m not familiar with this part. I assume it’s a windows server (prob win 2019 or 2022?) you’re renting from a 3rd party. I have heard that some of these make you FTP (or similar) your files to a server as you cannot edit them on the server …. But this seems weird. Maybe someone who uses rented servers can help? 

mu guess: If you can open the xml but cannot edit it, maybe try opening the file “as admin” by starting your editor “as admin” then opening the xml

file from there, Vs just clicking on the file to open it (windows is weird with “you are an admin, but you need to declare you’re opening as admin sometimes”). Here’s a random googled example of how to open Powershell “as admin” but there are other ways: https://www.howtogeek.com/742916/how-to-open-windows-powershell-as-an-admin-in-windows-10/

On 8/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, Melange said:

Assuming you are in single player, yes?

Go into console (F1)

Type: weather fog 0

That will eliminate all of the fog.

OK, not what you wanted. So, type:

weather fog 1

Gets a bit more murky, right?

Play with the fog settings to get the level you want

And stumble about to your heart's content.

I personally hate the fog, but that's just me. A short instance of fog I can handle. If it 'hangs' too long, I do an F1: weather fog 0 and emit a sigh of relief.

I try that on my server (I got full admin rights) and all it says is

<Begin> Processing weather command...

but nothing happens nop matter what number I type in

3 hours ago, Diragor said:

I use FileZilla to open and change it.

I would try changing it before sending it to the server, using notepad or similar to edit and save it.

im not sure but it just feels like the server is locked down for file write access…. Which seems weird as you can FTP them over so you’re writing…. But I’ve never messed with a 3rd party server host and their quirks.

maybe the folder has special permissions (or maybe it’s shared in some special way) so you have “write” to put files there but not “modify”?