Cant connect after new install & new game. Tried to fix for hours :/

getgcs

Here is the error I get in red in the dedicated server I'm hosting. 

ERR [EOS] VerifyIdToken failure: Unknown platform: steam

Here's my output log:

https://pastebin.com/FBY2ZBnK

I cant connect with no networks disabled or any disabled. Says disconnected.

Im just using darkness falls the new one with A20.4, tried 20.5 also

Here is my server config file

https://pastebin.com/aehFxUCP

Anyone use the new DF mod yet?

Thanks!

Maybe something to do with EOS crossplay? Says it doesnt know steam as a platform.... ?

9 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

2022-06-20T22:31:54 0.092 INF Last played version: Alpha 19.6

This line from your log makes me thing that the server wasn't cleaned up before installing the new alpha.

Hmm well before 20.5 I played on 20.4 and then before that I played on 20.1. I dont uninstall with steam I just delete the folders. It never made an issue before lol

Does anyone else have trouble with this same error? Maybe its new?

Darkness falls and my dedicated server now work with A20.2 only... I dont know what was changed with the EOS cross platform stuff but thats what was causing it. The token verification works now its green words in the server window.

I wonder what is different about the new 20.4 or 20.5 versions? I played on 20.4 ok before.

1 hour ago, getgcs said:

I wonder what is different about the new 20.4 or 20.5 versions? I played on 20.4 ok before.

DF works with A20.5, maybe check in on the DF discord. Also make sure you have the latest version which is compatible with A20.5.

afaik, the version from nexusmods is not the latest version.

2 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

DF works with A20.5, maybe check in on the DF discord. Also make sure you have the latest version which is compatible with A20.5.

afaik, the version from nexusmods is not the latest version.

thanks for the effort yea I fixed it by going back to 20.2 and yea it was the latest DF from 7daystodiemods.com link  The newer versions of 7 days to die implemented a new cross platform method of joining and for some reason the new DF worlds or just the game wasnt letting me in. Says steam was an invalid platform on the server screen.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, getgcs said:

Here is the error I get in red in the dedicated server I'm hosting. 

This happens all the time when the server tries to validate users, it is simply network lag.  The server will try again several times.  I see this nearly every time my server runs. There is also a WRN EOS route error (the Epic Games crossplay service is not fully implemented yet).  Also you may see a WRN EOS error when a user logs off saying their steam ID does not exist, ignore that also.

Here is my server config file

https://pastebin.com/aehFxUCP

You have opened a port for Telnet but you have no password on port 8081 (not related to your issue but you are exposing your PC to anonymous logon from the Internet; bad security.

The most probable cause is that you need to clean out all the left overs form your old setup before you go with a new server version.  The game  launcher (option to run it appears when you start 7 Days To Die from the Steam Library) has tools to clean all the old settings and leftover files.  You could start with that.  The method of manually deleting the folders does not remove all the leftovers.

Make sure the correct ports are open, LiteNetLib requires a new port UDP 26903 to be opened as well as
the old ones from precious versions:
TCP    26900
UDP    26900
UDP    26901
UDP    26902

Also, A20+ version needs Microsoft Visual C Redistributables 2022 installed, or the new protocols for networking and logon will not work correctly.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:23 AM, KieSeyHow said:

The game  launcher (option to run it appears when you start 7 Days To Die from the Steam Library) has tools to clean all the old settings and leftover files

The dedi server version does not include a launcher.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:43 AM, getgcs said:

Hmm well before 20.5 I played on 20.4 and then before that I played on 20.1. I dont uninstall with steam I just delete the folders. It never made an issue before lol

Does anyone else have trouble with this same error? Maybe its new?

Yes, I have it after the A20.5

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there OP - @getgcs, did you ever find a fix for your steam error popping up? 

For the first time when trying a new combo of mods, we are getting this error on our server. Were you getting this on solo play, or server? Can I ask who is your host? So far there isn't much chatter on this at all. 

19 hours ago, Skyearryn said:

Hey there OP - @getgcs, did you ever find a fix for your steam error popping up? 

For the first time when trying a new combo of mods, we are getting this error on our server. Were you getting this on solo play, or server? Can I ask who is your host? So far there isn't much chatter on this at all. 

I seem to remember a developer saying that the VerifyIdToken error message is harmless. And my own server has that message in the logs as well and works fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, meganoth said:

I seem to remember a developer saying that the VerifyIdToken error message is harmless. And my own server has that message in the logs as well and works fine.

Hey so yes I figured out from a youtube video that the solution is to remove the "steam" in the cross platform= line (the middle line) in the platform.cfg file.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, Scharie said:

Yes, I have it after the A20.5

Try to remove cross platform with the middle line delete the word "steam" in the platform.cfg file