Game crashing

Stinky

On 6/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, Beelzybub said:

Try using the Launcher/Tools/Clean game data... menu to sort things out. After cleaning, use Steam to verify files.

what ones do i click on to clean all of them?

Not that I've ever had an issue remotely similar to this... yet, but what I would do in that case is to delete all traces of the game from the computer, including registry files and save files... start over from scratch. Then re-download the game and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, then something else is going on... make sure you meet minimum hardware requirements, try different launch options, make sure you're running compatible graphics settings like native resolution or 1080p / 1440p for those who can't quite handle 4k, etc.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

Not that I've ever had an issue remotely similar to this... yet, but what I would do in that case is to delete all traces of the game from the computer, including registry files and save files... start over from scratch. Then re-download the game and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, then something else is going on... make sure you meet minimum hardware requirements, try different launch options, make sure you're running compatible graphics settings like native resolution or 1080p / 1440p for those who can't quite handle 4k, etc.

yeah i meant the min requirements rx6600 and r5 3600 with 32gb 3200mhz ram and it could be anything really ill try to delete everything of 7dtd tho

33 minutes ago, Fox said:

should i try launching in a20.3 until alpha 21 comes because it wasn't  buggy then

I don't want to say it's GPU related as it doesn't sound like it at all this time and I am a bit biased against AMD based GPUs (mostly against their software, though I do love their CPUs), but you could try a previous version of the game as you mentioned to see if that helps too. But I'd try the latest stable version of the game before going backwards though.

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I don't want to say it's GPU related as it doesn't sound like it at all this time and I am a bit biased against AMD based GPUs (mostly against their software, though I do love their CPUs), but you could try a previous version of the game as you mentioned to see if that helps too. But I'd try the latest stable version of the game before going backwards though.

i tried to play 20.5 and it doesnt work i went to 20.3 to where it wasnt doing this a lil while ago and now it does it. Idk whats goin on should i clear player profile?

Well, I did say start over from scratch... so ya, that was probably part of it unless that was stored in Steam cloud.

By any chance, do you have an antivirus running in the background or third party apps that monitor fps or screen capture, etc? There's a lot of apps out there that occasionally get in the way of games (including this one) from running correctly.

47 minutes ago, Fox said:

Well, I did say start over from scratch... so ya, that was probably part of it unless that was stored in Steam cloud.

By any chance, do you have an antivirus running in the background or third party apps that monitor fps or screen capture, etc? There's a lot of apps out there that occasionally get in the way of games (including this one) from running correctly.

i have the msi aftureburner one on and i think i turned off the steam one

10 hours ago, Stinky said:

ok so that didn't work what now

Enter this in your windows search bar to find your log files. "%appdata%\7DaysToDie\Logs" (without the quotes).

Copy the contents of your latest log to pastebin.com and then post the link here.

12 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Enter this in your windows search bar to find your log files. "%appdata%\7DaysToDie\Logs" (without the quotes).

Copy the contents of your latest log to pastebin.com and then post the link here.

the pastebin thingy wont work

12 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

file:///C:/Users/SteelArmour/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/logs/output_log_client__2022-06-22__17-02-17.txt ok no idk what to do

Edited by Stinky (see edit history)

Open the output log file with notepad.

Press crtl a to select all the text.

Press cntl c to copy all the text.

at pastebin.com where it says "New Paste" press ctrl v to paste all the text.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select paste experation 1 month.

Then select "create new paste".

Copy the link and paste it here.

If you still can't figure it out, use google and search for "How to use pastebin"

4 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

If you still can't figure it out, use google and search for "How to use pastebin"

https://pastebin.com ok wait

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

https://pastebin.com ok wait

5 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

ok so when i copy the link it only does the website itself

Edited by Stinky (see edit history)

On 6/23/2022 at 3:34 PM, Beelzybub said:

https://pastebin.com/gFZ2W1SJ

If that is really your entire log, it is something outside the game that is the problem. The log ends abruptly with no errors. You might check Event Viewer for an event logged at the same time as your game crash. If you noticed, your log’s title actually contains the day & time of you log. Bring up Event Viewer and scroll through to the day/time of your log and let us know if any errors are logged there.