ERR [steamworks.NET]NET: could not send package to server.

XerLoth

I get the "ERR [steamworks.NET]NET: could not send package to server." and my character would not save my profile. It will roll me back to the exact spot that i was in a few hours back. It does not save any character progression in terms or level or npc rep for missions. I tried reinstalling my game and deleting all traces of it before fresh install as well as disabling my windows security 

Edited by XerLoth (see edit history)

17 hours ago, XerLoth said:

I get the "ERR [steamworks.NET]NET: could not send package to server." and my character would not save my profile. It will roll me back to the exact spot that i was in a few hours back. It does not save any character progression in terms or level or npc rep for missions. I tried reinstalling my game and deleting all traces of it before fresh install as well as disabling my windows security 

Sometimes disabling Windows Security isn’t enough. Try creating an exclusion for both the 7 Days folder as well as the saves folder(users/appdata/roaming/7days)

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

Sometimes disabling Windows Security isn’t enough. Try creating an exclusion for both the 7 Days folder as well as the saves folder(users/appdata/roaming/7days)

I have done both and it was still happening I ended up getting my friend to delete my player profile from the save folder,I am now able to play again error free but I reset to level 1 but I could access my vehicles and personal boxes.

This happened to me too after update to 20.4.   I thankfully had a backup of my character from 20.3 before I updated the server.

So I rolled back to that character.

Soon after, I ended up struck with the Stream Exception bug which forever killed that character.

20.4 has been a dumpster fire, that I can no longer even play the game.

In exactly the same boat over here. Started happening with 20.4. I will spawn in my friends game in the wrong location, missing car, and quest did not save.

I did notice there are two game files exceptions in Windows Firewall and one had a disabled connection. But unfortunately enabling this did not resolve the issue.

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\buggy @%$#
find this folder edit players xml in notepad etc delete your player data from this leave any other players info there

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\buggy @%$#\Player        find your related EOS file delete them .ttp .bak and .map

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\SavesLocal      find and delete your player profile folder

if you didnt screen shot your console you should be able find your related info in the log file located here if not sure how to get there right click from steam and browse local files -- \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data

:note this will reset you to level 1 but can still access vehicles and boxes any drones will probably be RIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue recently with my girlfriends progression on my server. Same error pops up and then she can't loot anything and has to restart. Puts here back a fair ways probably the last known save. All the XP, books, etc all gone. We were reading somewhere the drones may cause it so we are going to try not using them and see. Would reverting back to 20.3 be a viable option since it seems like its happening since 20.4?

7 hours ago, Xauwoo said:

I am having the same issue recently with my girlfriends progression on my server. Same error pops up and then she can't loot anything and has to restart. Puts here back a fair ways probably the last known save. All the XP, books, etc all gone. We were reading somewhere the drones may cause it so we are going to try not using them and see. Would reverting back to 20.3 be a viable option since it seems like its happening since 20.4?

Try going to A20.5 instead.  There was an issue they fixed that was implemented with A20.5.

• Drone causing excess data in player data .ttp file on dedi 

Not sure if this would work, but the loss of exp / books /  etc means that her player data was corrupted and the game can't load it correctly, so it starts her as a new player but keeping everything in her inventory.  Quests are also restarted so she probably had the starter quests again.

If the file becomes bloated, the chance of corruption increases.

9 hours ago, Xauwoo said:

she can't loot anything and has to restart.

This is usually a network problem. Here's some contributing factors that commonly arise for this game.

1: An AntiVirus will cause network lag. Add a folder exception for the game folder and the save folder
    in your antivirus software. (on both client and server)

2: Use Ethernet, not Wifi. (WiFi is half-duplex and subject to interference)

3: oem gaming and lighting software like Gamefirst from Asus, Dell, HP, Corsair, etc. Uninsall all this junkware.

4: VPN or proxy will cause network lag. Use split tunneling to add an exception for the game.
    Or turn off the vpn. (both clients and server)