What has Changed?

jorj01

For all console news

https://7daystodie.com/console-news

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/22943-updates-for-7-days-to-die-on-ps4-or-xb1/

In a nutshell,  the console version was created by TellTale Games.  They went broke so all development on that version was stopped.  TFP are a computer company which is why development on the computer version continued.  At this time, based on feedback from TFP, the console version won't see anything until after the computer version is released as a finished game and the console developer chosen will decide on what they are going to do porting the final game to the console.

TFP owns the publishing / intellectual rights to the console 7D2D game, but not the source code for the console version.  In addition, TFP doesn't have the expertise to work on the console version.

Also, I believe the last version that the console got was A15 /A16 mix (or maybe that was the next patch that TTG was working on before they went bankrupt - I don't own the console game so I don't follow the details as closely as others).

I'm going to keep this short since I suspect incoming spam links very soon...

Console stopped receiving support during Alpha 16 a few years ago.

Alpha 20.6 doesn't exist

There are a huge number of changes between when the console stopped getting updates and the current PC version.

36 minutes ago, Roland said:

I'm going to keep this short since I suspect incoming spam links very soon...

Console stopped receiving support during Alpha 16 a few years ago.

Alpha 20.6 doesn't exist

There are a huge number of changes between when the console stopped getting updates and the current PC version.

ok. i meant 20.4 not 20.6 my mistake

1 hour ago, jorj01 said:

ok. i meant 20.4 not 20.6 my mistake

ok. But did you also mean PC and not console? Just trying to understand what you are trying to play and what you played. Did you last play console and now you are moving to PC?

14 hours ago, Roland said:

ok. But did you also mean PC and not console? Just trying to understand what you are trying to play and what you played. Did you last play console and now you are moving to PC?

I played console. I started on pc due to game pass and realised a lot has changed just wanted to know how much the game Changed 

For the most part things are generally the same: Juggle daily objectives with blood moon prep. The biggest differences you’ll find are spending perk points for advantages that are locked behind different attributes. I recommend saving up points until you’ve found a few books to see what weapon you get some bonuses in and then spend perks to further buff that weapon choice. 

Trader is a much bigger influence with quests. You’ll want to work up the quest ladder. 

Pipe weapons can be crafted day one and are a good choice for ranged attacks if you like that more than melee. 

There are more vehicles than the mini bike and an early game bicycle can be a godsend. You can get one by completing the Tier One quests. 

2 hours ago, jorj01 said:

I played console. I started on pc due to game pass and realised a lot has changed just wanted to know how much the game Changed 

As someone who came from console(perhaps close to 800+ hours on console) and have been on PC for around 2 years(about 2000 hours) you should consider this more like a sequel game vs some minor updates as there are SIGNIFIGANT changes from what you know, far to many to list.    I said that when I first hit PC back in Alpha 18 and that has only been further reinforced by changes in A19 and especially A20. 

I will hit a few highlights though:

Wellness: gone

Learn by Doing: Gone

Skills based on generic ability scores: new(similar to a number of tabletop and even some computer role playing games)

Quests from traders: new

Item durability: completely changed but sort of similar while being different

Farming: quite a lot different, no more hoe or fertilizer or planting on the dirt, you now craft farm plots to plant plants into

many "Dungeon" style POIs: in general, most POI's now have an expected way the developers expect you to follow, a "path" if you will.  This path sometimes goes out windows, across awnings and back into another window.  Look out for lights that tend to point you in the direction they expect you to go(flashlights or lanterns, etc)

im sure to miss other major stuff.

Archived