ERR NCSimple_Serializer (ch=0):

ShadowRam

2 hours ago, Dangeross said:

I reverted back to 20.3 but i had been playing 20.4 for a while and brought back my old user with me... and I still get the error on 20.3 server and 20.3 client.

But it didn't start happening to me until 20.4 was released

It happens but unlike a20.4 you don't get hard locked. You can get out of it and life goes on.

I've had the error, managed to remove my drone etc and it was just a time bomb until i'm at the stage now where I can't get past creating character on a multiplayer server. We've tried everything from deleting all my player data etc on admins side and i've validated files, reinstalled and nothing is working. I'm getting cranky now that I can't play on ONLY that server like others are fine. Does anyone know a work around? I don't know how to copy profiles from a server to single player or whatever was mentioned in this threat but I'm just tired of not being able to play

1 hour ago, TeaSippinHamster said:

I've had the error, managed to remove my drone etc and it was just a time bomb until i'm at the stage now where I can't get past creating character on a multiplayer server. We've tried everything from deleting all my player data etc on admins side and i've validated files, reinstalled and nothing is working. I'm getting cranky now that I can't play on ONLY that server like others are fine. Does anyone know a work around? I don't know how to copy profiles from a server to single player or whatever was mentioned in this threat but I'm just tired of not being able to play

I have time off from work and I was very much planning to play a lot of it, I’m very frustrated as well. I even tried getting a new server and that isn’t working either.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, selissi said:

I've found a fix to broken profile. Create new local game, enter world and exit. Copy your broken profile from server to local game. Start game, wait until profile get fixed. Copy it back to server.

Profile is broken the moment it gets over 2MB, 2049kb you will get an error. A healthy profile after 30 hours of real time, is around 20kb.

Could I fix a friends broken profile? For example, I create a new world, back out and add his broken profile to the new world, log back in to the new world and wait for it to fix itself?

On 4/29/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ruinedworld said:

So hopefully that means whenever they fix the problem it should clear out that data backup and fix all the player profiles that are affected. I really hope this happens like... today/tonight. Silence from the devs on such a large bug like this is disheartening. I would have hot patched it immediately if I had a fix... ;)

When you say "wait until profil gets fixed" what do you mean.

Because when i copied the player folder from my server to my local game, it just sits there with 2049kb and my character is level 1 in the game.

Can you give up exactly what you copied ? and where ?

3 minutes ago, FFW_Rude said:

When you say "wait until profil gets fixed" what do you mean.

Because when i copied the player folder from my server to my local game, it just sits there with 2049kb and my character is level 1 in the game

I was responding to a comment that said they were able to clear out "their" character save by putting it in a local game. I just basically said if that's true then "hopefully" the profile can be fixed if the devs fix the problem. There is a trick to putting an online save into a local single player game, but I wasn't the one who said they did that. 

I was able to get one of my players who was locked out of the server back into the server by replacing their .ttp character save with one from before the update. We have all drones put away and that seemingly works to fix being stuck at character loading, I backed up the world files before I updated the server, so if you did that then you can fix the issue as well, they lose a little bit of progress, but its better than loosing it all.

Hi,
same problem here.
Player 1 and 2: joining server, console appears after 5-10 seconds, can't interact with something anymore
Player 3: chests invisible when looking in some directions
Player 4 and 5: no problems

I know Player1 and Player4 are using drones.
I've restarted the server and deletet the drones file. -> Nothing changed

I am Player 3. Everything is working. But there are a few glitches when looking in some directions.
The chests dissapear and I can look through them. Its a black transparent block.

1 hour ago, xmarzl said:

Hi,
same problem here.
Player 1 and 2: joining server, console appears after 5-10 seconds, can't interact with something anymore
Player 3: chests invisible when looking in some directions
Player 4 and 5: no problems

I know Player1 and Player4 are using drones.
I've restarted the server and deletet the drones file. -> Nothing changed

I am Player 3. Everything is working. But there are a few glitches when looking in some directions.
The chests dissapear and I can look through them. Its a black transparent block.

I believe the Player 3 is just having issues with the occlusion setting under graphics? I had this issue if you turn it off the boxes stop disappearing as you look at them or around them.

19 hours ago, Ruinedworld said:

I was responding to a comment that said they were able to clear out "their" character save by putting it in a local game. I just basically said if that's true then "hopefully" the profile can be fixed if the devs fix the problem. There is a trick to putting an online save into a local single player game, but I wasn't the one who said they did that. 

I was able to get one of my players who was locked out of the server back into the server by replacing their .ttp character save with one from before the update. We have all drones put away and that seemingly works to fix being stuck at character loading, I backed up the world files before I updated the server, so if you did that then you can fix the issue as well, they lose a little bit of progress, but its better than loosing it all.

Oh... i missquoted.

Sorry about that.

On 4/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, selissi said:

I've found a fix to broken profile. Create new local game, enter world and exit. Copy your broken profile from server to local game. Start game, wait until profile get fixed. Copy it back to server.

Profile is broken the moment it gets over 2MB, 2049kb you will get an error. A healthy profile after 30 hours of real time, is around 20kb.

Hi. Can you detail what you've done ? Because i was unable to do that :( (for now i had to delete my character)

On 4/29/2022 at 4:41 PM, selissi said:

Can you PLEASE details what files you exactly copied and where, thank.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:33 PM, SofaKING said:

Can you PLEASE details what files you exactly copied and where, thank.

If what they are suggesting is that being the host of the game fixes the data backup, then you would only be able to fix your personal file as each player profile is linked to their steam account.

Basically if you take your save file from the online saves folder and place it in username/Appdata/roaming/7daysToDie/saves folder (Save file is named something like Nafade County, or Navezgane or could be a custom name) and then launch 7daystodie and hit continue game. The game should be in the game list if done correctly. If a red popup happens that says its missing the data file used when making the world you need to get that from the server also. It will be in data/worlds folder. That goes in /Appdata/roaming/7daysToDie/GeneratedWorlds. If done correctly the game should load up the same character/world from the online game with all the stats and everything.

NOTE: I don't know if this fixes it, as I haven't had to do that, but that's how you would load your online game locally. I hope it helps

I've been running into this error since the last update and just today it occurred for another friend on my server too.  It seems to have something to do with the drones, seems "jd clear" command may fix it or temporarily fix it.  When I first was seeing the error I relogged several times but the error came back after 5-10 seconds of logging back in.  Saw someone on the forums posted to run "jd clear" very soon after relogging to fix, so I tried it and the error went away, although I lost my drone.  I didn't use a drone for a few days after, but today I decided to give it a try.  In a matter of 5-10 seconds after deploying the drone the error came back.  I relogged, ran "jd clear" and pulled the drone into my inventory and am no longer using drones and haven't seen the error since.  My friend did the same, and the error seemed to go away for him as well (although he quit for the night shortly after this occurred so maybe not a great example).

Anyone know if the developers know of this issue and/or plan to release a hotfix or something, I miss my drone already :(

1 hour ago, Ruinedworld said:

hah... rolling back, and probably breaking your world, or opting into exp beta and probably breaking your world, are not fixes.

It will do neither of these things if they are playing modless. With mods however Rolling back will have some red text but it can be ignored and only shows once and a20.5b2 EXP will probably have errors even I am unaware of. (I have not thoroughly tested with using older saves and opting into a20.5b2 EXP. I know better than to challenge fate. A smart pack owner can just back up structures as prefabs and other than actual loot you can use commands to go right back to point you are not saying it is not a pain but it is in fact the only real fix.) 

After thorough testing though I can safely say anything relying on Spherii Core will fail when upgrading to a20.5b2 EXP - I already wrote an issue and I am sure that Spherii wil fix it. (This includes lock picking and npc core.)

Archived