Map reveal how?

Spadaa

On 4/18/2022 at 11:00 PM, Spadaa said:

it's simply because i don't wanna play on a map for hours and days to realize that i don't like it which happened to me once.

If this statement is true then why do you need to have the map revealed on your minimap or even the ingame map that you have to switch to? If you just want to make sure the map looks like it has the kinds of POIs you want then use the web browser utility and scope out the map and then play with it unrevealed like normal.

If you MUST play the game with the whole map revealed then I don't think your original statement is the entire story...

4 minutes ago, Maharin said:

What I showed does EXACTLY that.

Regardless (and maybe because of that), you ARE so annoying.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, JohnnyKix said:

this is not what OP means, lmao. 

Really?  I don't think we are the ones with the issue on reading comprehension:

First post by the OP

Good morning, is there a way to fully reveal a map after freshly started so i can see where each biomes and city's are i was thinking on a mod or console command
it's simply because i don't wanna play on a map for hours and days to realize that i don't like it which happened to me once.
regards. :)

Second post by the OP

But I wanna see the Map ingame too

Another post by the OP

Brother i wanna see the whole map when I press M how do i do that??

The OP was talking about the ingame map and theFlu's and everyone else's instructions were about how to remove the fog of war (via dm and clicking on the button in the upper right category).  It was also explained how you can change the filters to get different viewpoints on the ingame map.

The clue is "when I press M" which means the ingame map.  And the solution works because I did it myself following theFlu's instructions.  When you follow the provided directions; after pressing M, the entire map is shown - city locations, biome type, etc.  Try it yourself.  Follow the instructions to the T.  You will see now that the map is fully revealed (no fog of war) and by adjusting the filter, you can see what type of biome is in each area.

16 minutes ago, Roland said:

Regardless (and maybe because of that), you ARE so annoying.

I think the annoying part was directed more to me, I can be blunt at times  😆

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, Maharin said:

Actually... there is a way in game now.  Go into debug mode (F1 then type dm and press <enter>).  Bring up the map.  In the upper-right corner there is an icon with the hint of "Switch to Static Map view".  Click that icon and then you will see < No Overlay > appear to the left of the icon.  Click the right arrow twice to see < Biomes >.  Now scroll around your map to see what you want to see.

Looks good, I couldn't actually get that icon to show in DM mode but ours is also on a server so maybe there's an extra setting somewhere

6 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

Looks good, I couldn't actually get that icon to show in DM mode but ours is also on a server so maybe there's an extra setting somewhere

I'm using the latest experimental build so it may be a version issue?  Could also be a server admin setting, too, like you said.