DLX Weapons Fix - [V1.0] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

DanyEr12LX

4 minutes ago, Slinx said:

Thank you! There wouldn't happen to be a way to set the sensitivity to be the same as the reflex sight would there?

No problem, Unfortunately i haven't found the code to do that yet 

Guys thank you so much for your feedback! I had no idea you would like my mod so much!

I'll slowly reply to your requests, in the meantime I've started writing a manual for my mod because I realised that there is a need to understand what the various parameters in the mod's configuration file DLX-ConfigFile.xml represent and how to set them correctly according to your needs.

I will also release a short hotfix that adds the ability to quickly disable or reduce the upward movement of the weapon when firing from the hip (you can already reduce it now, but it's not very intuitive how to do it. That's another reason why there's a need for a manual ahah) and to reduce or deactivate the Sway effect.

It is in my plans to make a video tutorial on how to add any weapon, e.g. from another mod, to make it compatible with my mod and make it use my Scopes, as the process is still a bit cumbersome at the moment.

Finally, the development of the mod certainly doesn't end here✔️

I still have to implement the other components and improve the remaining weapons, such as the shotguns. 
Also, do you think the development of the
movement system of my mod is really finished? 😀
And what about the
recoil system? 😁
What is a
system typically used in FPSs where sniper rifles are involved but which has not yet been implemented in this game?

Literally best mod for the game, since giving me Tarkov vibes at weapons. After played with it since early days of release, i just can't go back to vanilla game.

Just few observations/suggestions:

Magnum sometimes, bullet chamber floating in the air on the left side, and 2 of the bullets are outside to the right side of the weapon, also floating in the air. I have to remove/reinstall it's scope, to fix the mesh.

Also perhaps it will better if you can make work as 2 handed, since it's .44? (Attachment image below, and Desert Eagle perhaps to behave same, since it's .50?)

And maybe to remove finishing animation which rolling the chamber. It's adding extra time and which is kinda frustrating if you are surrounded by 2 or more enemies.

MP9 (SMG5), Reticle size (Reticle_00) works at reverse in my case. Vanilla value is 3.03 (or close i think?). Wanted to shrink the reticle size, and if i add anything lower than default value, it's enlarging the reticle, instead of decreasing it's size. Now, i'm using <parameter name="2X_Reticle_Size" value="4.75"/> and it's perfect (3840x1620 res).

And, <parameter name="IRONSIGHT_FOV" value="xx"/>  supposed to be for Iron Sights, field of view. Yet no matter which values adding to have a better view, it's just stay/using the default FoV.

Last but not least, maybe some slightly Reverb addition to AK/Hunting/Sniper, would be awesome?

By the way, is your mod contains any kind of Recoil? Because i'm using yours, paired with Harsher Recoil . Just need to know, so, to ditch HR. Otherwise, you should consider add some recoil/kicking 😉

That's all, and thank you very much for the great mod. Makes HUGECan't wait for more goodies.

Taurus44_t1.jpg

Edit: Possible fix for the vanilla excessive lens dirt at Reflex/2x Sights? Or your mod includes it's own improved versions?

20240805004524_1.jpg

Edit: Reloading glitch (chamber+bullets floating) after the spinning animation, just happened again:

20240805010117_1.jpg

and second reloading, 4 bullets around. (had NV on):

20240805010613_1.jpg

Edited by iDoser (see edit history)

Hey there sorry about the late ass post but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where I went wrong because the 2x, 4x, and 8x do not work. They're all opaque and on most guns are inside the model making it just use the very very amazing iron sights or the old default aiming. Besides that this has so far been a spectacular mod

Great mod! Is there any way to make the visual through the sights clear or brighter? I tried cranking brightness in settings and doesnt help with not being able to see at night using scopes.

2 hours ago, Yokisan said:

Hello, is there a way to remove the muzzle smoke? it really cripples my vision when firing a gun and it makes me miss a lot of shots.

yeah that's a base thing I reccomend this for whichever gun you're talking about (from a dude named Jeffrey Haager)h39DKKL.jpeg

Is it possible to disable the gun smoke, not able to use certain weapons as it blinds players when using iron sights, is it something i can disable in the xml files?

thanks for the awesome mod

19 hours ago, Reylith said:

Is it possible to disable the gun smoke, not able to use certain weapons as it blinds players when using iron sights, is it something i can disable in the xml files?

thanks for the awesome mod

On 8/8/2024 at 1:22 AM, Slinx said:

yeah that's a base thing I reccomend this for whichever gun you're talking about (from a dude named Jeffrey Haager)h39DKKL.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TheTreebrook said:

Hello is there a way to either reduce or remove the reticle sway when moving and looking around while aiming with scopes?

Hi, yes, there is a way!

By the way, I was just about to finish writing a first version of my user guide for my mod!

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THE SWAY SYSTEM WHILE AIMING

Open the file "DLX-ConfigFile.xml" located inside my Mod's folder.

Search for these lines that start in this way:

<parameter name="2X_Sway" 

<parameter name="4X_Sway"

<parameter name="8X_Sway"

(there is one for each weapon section)

Each line has 4 values (value="AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD"/>)

The first two values control the maximum limit for the sway (horizontally and vertically),

The last two instead control for the speed of the sway (again horizontally and vertically).

You can change :

either the first two values to 0, or simply decrease them to a desired value,

or change the last two values, again to zero or just decrease them,

or both! It's up to you!

Save the file and you're ready to go!

19 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Hi, yes, there is a way!

By the way, I was just about to finish writing a first version of my user guide for my mod!

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THE SWAY SYSTEM WHILE AIMING

The first two values control the maximum limit for the sway (horizontally and vertically),

The last two instead control for the speed of the sway (again horizontally and vertically).

You can change :

or both! It's up to you!

I'm curious, how far do you plan on taking this mod? I really love what you've done so far. The original 7 days to die gun combat feels incredibly dated and janky. Some additional things I would love to see:

• More realistic weapon handling - slower reloads, more natural animations on the weapons. It feels very arcadey and goofy for some weapons currently. I would love for weapons to feel more similar to games like Stalker anomaly, tarkov or dayz.
  • More natural feeling recoil effects - Again something akin to Dayz, Tarkov or Stalker Anomaly. Recoil feels crudely implemented in the base game.
  • Better audio - Some guns sound really weak.
  • More attachments and realistic stat effects

On 8/11/2024 at 5:53 PM, DanyEr12LX said:

Hi, yes, there is a way!

You can change :

or both! It's up to you!

Thanks this was a huge help, I was also wondering if there was a way to reduce/ remove the reticle shift effect when walking left and right too, is that something I could easily change?

21 hours ago, caatalyst said:

Also another suggestion.

It might be nice for the lowered weapon state to actually go a bit lower. The AK for example still takes up about a third of the screen when lowered.

20240812202011_1.jpg

I didn't notice firearms entering a lowered state when idle. Maybe there's something I didin't enable, or there's something wrong with how my mod file is loading.

1 hour ago, Arma Rex said:

I didn't notice firearms entering a lowered state when idle. Maybe there's something I didin't enable, or there's something wrong with how my mod file is loading.

Not all weapons are currently supported by DLX. 

You can definitely tell when a weapon is working (custom animations, inertia, better iron sights). Weapons have more weight and feel to them:

2 minutes ago, caatalyst said:

Not all weapons are currently supported by DLX. 

You can definitely tell when a weapon is working (custom animations, inertia, better iron sights). Weapons have more weight and feel to them:

I thought as much, that's why I checked the AK47. No dice, unfortunately, but in the video you've shown it looks great, very fluid and lifelike. I've noticed error messages in my game file log relating to harmony, perhaps that's the reason why I'm not experiencing the intertia and swaying shown.

5 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

I thought as much, that's why I checked the AK47. No dice, unfortunately, but in the video you've shown it looks great, very fluid and lifelike. I've noticed error messages in my game file log relating to harmony, perhaps that's the reason why I'm not experiencing the intertia and swaying shown.

Could be I'm not sure. My mod setup is quite basic. I'm using weapon FOV set to about 70 with DLX, SMX UI, and the gore mod. I also disabled the raise weapon effect in DLX.

Edited by caatalyst (see edit history)

I really appreciate this mod. It looks so smooth so cool and it makes gaming experience you know much more realistic. The game s creators should be ashamed of themselves for the system, which is poor and has not changed in recent years.

Unfortunately this mod as current state is unplayable for me and let me explain why.

I tested smg with colimator and there are issues at night. Its actually impossible to aim at heads of zombies when there is full night. You cant see anything but during the day its ok. When shooting, gun is making also a lot of smoke and it makes it even worse. You cant see anything what is in front of you so it forces you to shoot blidnly and waste ammo. Thats really sad.

Its not even better when using scopes x2/x4/x8. As my primary weapon is sniper rifle i feel so 
helpless using it at night. Its so dark and making headshots is impossible. I can illuminate the base with lamps, but when im outside the base, aiming through a telescope or collimator is a nightmare.

What I would also in change in the collimator is the size of the red dot so that it could be made smaller or reduce the effect of the glow emanating around it, which in my opinion obscures the view

maybe it is worth adding some parameters that change the transparency and brightness of the telescope and collimator to adjust it to own preferences? this mod is very good it has a lot of potential for me to play it by default. Simply the things I mentioned are unacceptable to me

that are just my suggestions. Consider it as a feedback. Its all up to you. I can just wait and wish you can fix it somehow bc at the end of the day u did a great job.