DLX Weapons Fix - [V1.0] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

DanyEr12LX

On the way to the update 👀

I was able to get my mod working on V 1.0 with all scopes and iron sights fixed. 
I just had to check for the new variables used by this new version.

The movement system is unfortunately broken and I need to check it.

I will keep you updated! ✔️

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @DanyEr12LX

First of all your mod and work is amazing.

It is without any regrets the best mod I ever used.

I rly can't play 7d2d without your mod anymore and here goes my problem :D

I know it is just a hobby and also not that easy to fix everything, but is there a possibility we can get an update to 1.0 soon? Or maybe just a lite variant as long as the rest is still in progress?

Thanks for your work.

PS: sorry for my bad english.

5 hours ago, Monzki said:

Hey @DanyEr12LX

First of all your mod and work is amazing.

It is without any regrets the best mod I ever used.

I rly can't play 7d2d without your mod anymore and here goes my problem :D

I know it is just a hobby and also not that easy to fix everything, but is there a possibility we can get an update to 1.0 soon? Or maybe just a lite variant as long as the rest is still in progress?

Thanks for your work.

PS: sorry for my bad english.

Hello There! Glad to hear you like my mod!
I was just about to post a new reply.

I have just finished fixing and polishing the movement system!
It took me quite a while because the movement system of the game has changed in this new version.

So after fixing, polishing and defactoring my mod, I had to change the parameters of my mod's XML.

Every. Single. One of it... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahendmepls

So now it's almost done✔️

I just need to tweak a few things, but it's not that difficult.

The hard part is finally over.

Man this is music to my ears, if only TFP were as half as efficient as you 🤣

Thank you so much for your work man, cant wait to try it out

You are an absolute chad ❤️

EDIT: I'm literally refusing to play 1.0 until your mod is ready to not spoil the experience lmao

Edited by melted (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, DanyEr12LX said:

Hello There! Glad to hear you like my mod!
I was just about to post a new reply.

I have just finished fixing and polishing the movement system!
It took me quite a while because the movement system of the game has changed in this new version.

So after fixing, polishing and defactoring my mod, I had to change the parameters of my mod's XML.

Every. Single. One of it... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahendmepls

So now it's almost done✔️

I just need to tweak a few things, but it's not that difficult.

The hard part is finally over.

That's wonderful news. And to think I said it was an easy fix. 
Take your time and don't rush yourself! 

Uhh you're gonna like it!

For now I am quite satisfied, tomorrow it will be time to compile!

After that the only remaining step is the upload!

And to think I still have many ideas to implement!

• DanyEr12LX changed the title to DLX Weapons Fix - [V1.0] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

Thanks for uploading! Amazing work! The devs need to hire you to get all this natively into the game as it makes ranged combat feel so much better!

I couldn't figure out how to adjust the hands / weapon FOV. Is there a console command to do it? Currently I'm using another FOV mod to make this work.

One other thing...

It might be nice to have a button to toggle between the weapon holding stances rather than it auto repositioning the weapon when you shoot from hip to shoulder. It's a really nice feature but when it auto happens it can throw you off a little bit.

Hi, this looked like a better place to contact you than the mod page

Any chance there could be options to change sensitivity of the scopes? zoom sensitivity doesn't seem to do anything.

Also some documentation on what each thing in the config file does would be great, some is obvious, some isn't. I'm still unsure how you got your reflex sight FoV to be so high when using the pistol in you display video for a20/v1.0

3 hours ago, Slinx said:

Hi, this looked like a better place to contact you than the mod page

Any chance there could be options to change sensitivity of the scopes? zoom sensitivity doesn't seem to do anything.

Also some documentation on what each thing in the config file does would be great, some is obvious, some isn't. I'm still unsure how you got your reflex sight FoV to be so high when using the pistol in you display video for a20/v1.0

"ScopeCameraOffset" is what you are looking for and for example with this value="0,-.0255,.15"/> the last two numbers bring the scope closer or further away, so if you lower it to 14 it will be closer to your face, if you put it to 16 it will be further away 

18 hours ago, DanyEr12LX said:

An upload is in progress... 👀

The absolute legend.

Man I wish thiss was the default for the game.

Also, now that i remember it as a complete side note, this mod was notorious for not playing well with DynRes. IF it was set to anything other than 100 the blocks would disappear from the PiP scope, but not the entities. Is there some way to fix that one at a later date?

7 minutes ago, Carlosk2 said:

Hello, is there anyway to remove that animation when you shot the weapon? raise the arms when you shot i mean. thanks you!

...if you don't like this effect you can turn it off or decrease it!

(or even increase it, if you want).

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THIS EFFECT

Open the file "DLX-ConfigFile.xml" located inside my Mod's folder.

Search for these lines that start with " <parameter name="AllertParameters" ", there are several of them, one for each weapon section.

Change the last two values inside the "value" parameter to 0, or just decrease them to a desired value.

So, for example, here is the line for the Pipe Rifle:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0.8, 0.35"/>

Change this line to:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0, 0"/>

(see the last two values are 0)

Save the file and you're ready to go!

10 minutes ago, YARoslaVIK said:

...if you don't like this effect you can turn it off or decrease it!

(or even increase it, if you want).

➡️ PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO REMOVE (OR DECREASE) THIS EFFECT

Open the file "DLX-ConfigFile.xml" located inside my Mod's folder.

Search for these lines that start with " <parameter name="AllertParameters" ", there are several of them, one for each weapon section.

Change the last two values inside the "value" parameter to 0, or just decrease them to a desired value.

So, for example, here is the line for the Pipe Rifle:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0.8, 0.35"/>

Change this line to:

<parameter name="AllertParameters" value="0.0489, -0.0731, 0.027,   1.37, -3.9, -20.5,   0, 1,   0, 0"/>

(see the last two values are 0)

Save the file and you're ready to go!

Done! Thanks!

DLX, I finally managed to try the mod:

Honestly, I am at a loss for words. This is so much better than what I had initially expected.

The bokeh when aiming, the inertia when moving the gun, the running animations, the feel when aiming through the sights... it feels like a completely new game.

I am pretty sure this is the best mod I have ever tried since I started playing in A17, TFP should hire you ASAP.

Congratulations, man, this is a really really incredible work.

First of all I wanted to thank you for such a great mod! I remember downloading the first version 2 years ago and it was already such a progress in comparison of vanilla guns. 

Nevertheless, I have couple of question about the configuration of gun movement inertia when moving around with mouse. What parameters do I need to lower in DLX-ConfigFile.xml to decrease the gun sway and more slowed down movement of a gun when turning around with mouse?  I would like to keep the gun lowering on run though. 

Second question is when do you plan to change iron sights on remaining weapons (M60, Sniper Rifle, Pipe Weapons and Auto Shotgun) ? So far they remained unchanged and the mods on Pipe weapons are only partially visible.

And at last I wanted to suggest you to add the change in look of the guns depending on their level of quality, since I have seen you seamlessly adding barrel extentions of same textures look and quality to numerous guns in game (for instance 44 Magnum and Pipe Rifle), it would be really great to see the more high quality parts of more scrappy weapons. For example: AK getting more factory like wooden stock with the same pipe adaptor in connection to reciever, high tier AK having sort of AR styled stock with same design higher quality pipe adaptor, without shovel handle of butt stock))

Another one is Bolt Action rifle having not broken wooden furniture and stock at mid level of quality and more polymer like stock and frame furniture at high level of quality correspondingly.

These changes would also reflect that knowing the technology a bit better, the production of better parts for guns that are not inside reciever are not so hard. Even in real life gun enthusiats craft their own handles/stocks from scratch and they do not look half scrappy.

So those are my questions/suggestions. And again, thank you for a great mod.

Edited by Novus25 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Mezzer said:

"ScopeCameraOffset" is what you are looking for and for example with this value="0,-.0255,.15"/> the last two numbers bring the scope closer or further away, so if you lower it to 14 it will be closer to your face, if you put it to 16 it will be further away 

Thank you! There wouldn't happen to be a way to set the sensitivity to be the same as the reflex sight would there?