A20.4 broke something

MasterGod

11 hours ago, MasterGod said:

almost all the servers are listed in https://7daystodie-servers.com/
with the 20.4 is impossible to get the server listed, it's offline, tried disabling AV, firewall, checked again port mapping in the router...
try to search a 20.4 server.. you CANT find one ONLINE!

That isn't any kind of official website. With the changes to the server config and posted data, I would imagine that they need to update how their site is reading the information presented by the server. The extra lines are probably breaking a table, and they just need to account for that.

This isn't something on TFP's end to resolve.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, MasterGod said:

almost all the servers are listed in https://7daystodie-servers.com/
with the 20.4 is impossible to get the server listed, it's offline, tried disabling AV, firewall, checked again port mapping in the router...
try to search a 20.4 server.. you CANT find one ONLINE!

If none of the servers has updated to 20.4 then you won't find any? On top of that 20.4 is an experimental version (which might have issues) do you think ppl want to update their servers to experimental version instead of having a stable version of the game? Nope

Edit: There are servers with A20.4 version of the game, so the website doesn't have any issues, its just like I said or its because of the changes that A20.4 brings with the update.

https://7daystodie-servers.com/version/alpha_20_4/

21 hours ago, Sefiros said:

If none of the servers has updated to 20.4 then you won't find any? On top of that 20.4 is an experimental version (which might have issues) do you think ppl want to update their servers to experimental version instead of having a stable version of the game? Nope

Edit: There are servers with A20.4 version of the game, so the website doesn't have any issues, its just like I said or its because of the changes that A20.4 brings with the update.

https://7daystodie-servers.com/version/alpha_20_4/

i've had to rollback to be able to show my server as online... i've see now some servers with 20.4 that are able to report them as online.. idk what changed but with 20.4 it does not work for me... no sense

Things you could do: Check your logfiles for errors (ignore shader errors). Compare it to one for A20.3 when it still worked. Or post the logfile here.

(logfiles have a timestamp in the name. You can easily find logfiles if you know the time you tried 20.4. Alternatively search for the string A20.4 in the logfiles to find relevant ones)

10 hours ago, MasterGod said:

idk what changed

This is what changed:

<property name="Region"                            value="" />     

<property name="Language"                        value="" />

Those two variables need to be included in your serverconfig .xml

You can back up your current serverconfig and delete it, and a "validate" will get you the new serverconfig which includes those lines with instructions.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, MasterGod said:

i've had to rollback to be able to show my server as online... i've see now some servers with 20.4 that are able to report them as online.. idk what changed but with 20.4 it does not work for me... no sense

I think Beelzybub is right, in the patch notes (which I think you didn't read?) there is a note:

Server owners will need to add/modify these 2 new properties in the serverconfig.xml. These filters will help players find your server.

<property name="Region"  value="NorthAmericaEast" />
Values must be one of the following:
NorthAmericaEast, NorthAmericaWest, CentralAmerica, SouthAmerica, Europe, Russia, Asia, MiddleEast, Africa, Oceania

<property name="Language" value="English" />
Values: Use any language name that your players would expect to search for. Should be the English name of the language, e.g. not "Deutsch" but "German". This is a filter name only and DOES NOT SET the language for players.

Archived