Sarah's Treasure Map Quest - On the Bottom, In Middle of Lake?!

RickH

I opened the map, which started Sarah's Treasure Map Quest. When I got around to trying to do it, I found it seemed to be in the water. I circled the lake, then followed a chain of islands out to the end. The map marker for this quest was definitely in the middle of the lake. Specifically, it is in the middle of the lake on the BOTTOM of the lake. The yellow circle shows there on the bottom. I cannot survive down there long enough to dig to the chest, while underwater... This quest cannot be completed.

The map I am using is a generated map using the included world generator.

This quest should be on land, or the game should provide some method of breathing under water... 

If you want to make suggestions to the developers or report bugs then I would suggest "Pimp Dreams" or the bug report section. Though the problem is known so they likely already have it somewhere on their to-do list (or on the "won't-fix" list)

In "General Support" the only thing that can happen is that someone tells you to simply drop the quest or dig a tunnel below the lake.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

If you want to make suggestions to the developers or report bugs then I would suggest "Pimp Dreams" or the bug report section. Though the problem is known so they likely already have it somewhere on their to-do list (or on the "won't-fix" list)

In "General Support" the only thing that can happen is that someone tells you to simply drop the quest or dig a tunnel below the lake.

Or manipulate the water physics and just create a room from the base to the top and then place frames to displace the water blocks until it is dry and then remove the frames and start digging

The idea of creating a "room" on the bottom is actually halariously interesting. Digging a cave under the lake is a major undertaking as in this case, the lake is large and I do not have any kind of auger or highend steel pickaxe. 100+ blocks out from shore? These are actually good ideas, all of them. I never considered any of these.

This is new. I decided to dig down in the middle of the lake and just as I dug down to rock, an air pocket developed! I was able to complete the quest within that air pocket in the bottom of the lake. I don't like giving up on missions, so am glad I was able to finish this one...