Way to increase sales and players.

deathincarnate

A button in the server browser that says start a server. Then under it says zombies off with a check box, but it lists how many players you can get now with the zombies off. This will force a reduction in the price at shock byte and game server kings. The current price is 34 dollars for 40 people and the ones for rust are 34 dollar for 200 people. The idea is that an option for modders will increase usability to customers. many rust techies are hackers and making life a hell for each other and a new venue will look real good when it is MMO. 

also hurry with the bikers and such it will go good instead of zombie to have an option like rust scientists.

oh and can you tell me if there is a 7days to die staging server. thanks please respond. I will answer when i find it.!!!

To be clear, 7 Days to die only supports a maximum player count of 8 players. Rust on the other hand is designed for many more players. (The Rust dev has not announced any limit to the number, they merely state that your max count is based on your hardware limitations. They have also stated testing up to 13 internally without an issue from what I could find, but the details are extremely fuzzy.)

It should also be noted that the player count relies a lot on the hardware behind the server. Rust is not a fully 3D voxel game with complex structural integrity and AI calculations, so it requires a lot less hardware to do the same things.

You're basically comparing apples to oranges, and saying TFP should change their fruit. Never mind that in doing so, it would require a complete rebuild, and totally alienating their current player base.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

To be clear, 7 Days to die only supports a maximum player count of 8 players. Rust on the other hand is designed for many more players. (The Rust dev has not announced any limit to the number, they merely state that your max count is based on your hardware limitations. They have also stated testing up to 13 internally without an issue from what I could find, but the details are extremely fuzzy.)

It should also be noted that the player count relies a lot on the hardware behind the server. Rust is not a fully 3D voxel game with complex structural integrity and AI calculations, so it requires a lot less hardware to do the same things.

You're basically comparing apples to oranges, and saying TFP should change their fruit. Never mind that in doing so, it would require a complete rebuild, and totally alienating their current player base.

And would change 7dtd into another "copy past" PVP focused sandbox. So 8 is good enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think  you're confused about what type of game 7DTD is. 

On 3/12/2022 at 10:07 PM, deathincarnate said:

also hurry with the bikers and such it will go good instead of zombie to have an option like rust scientists.

What bikers? This is a zombie game, it will always be a zombie game. I can't see TFP ever making it an option not to be. 

As for staging server...... uhmm no. 

dude you haven't read everything or i am thinking of another game but their are plans for roving gangs with motorcycle. they already planned it two years ago. i was just adding to it.

On 3/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, Matt115 said:

And would change 7dtd into another "copy past" PVP focused sandbox. So 8 is good enough. 

make your like them and you get more sales is all i am saying and a prepared system with a way to make it 200 player with the system of mining make it a better form of the game rust. you got them beat hands down.

8 hours ago, deathincarnate said:

dude you haven't read everything or i am thinking of another game but their are plans for roving gangs with motorcycle. they already planned it two years ago. i was just adding to it.

make your like them and you get more sales is all i am saying and a prepared system with a way to make it 200 player with the system of mining make it a better form of the game rust. you got them beat hands down.

No. Better is to focuse on SP/ small group of players gameplay that make another day z or minecraft rip off.  More players don't mean game will be better.  In most games 4 players is max enough

12 hours ago, deathincarnate said:

You are not going to be able to make a stable game that can support 200+ players online with the current fully destructible world that makes up the 7D2D game.  I can't wrap my head around how much computing power would be required to do it for this game.

To provide the game that TFP visualized meant that trade offs were going to have to be made.  One of those trade offs is not being to support a large player base server like COD or Rust can do.

You are confusing bandits with roving gangs of bikers.