Where is the rain?.

Minkles

I recently started playing again after stopping at A17 and I really like the rain effect in the game now ( A20 ). I decided to rollback to A19 as I heard farming has been hurt bad in A20 and decided to play on Pregen01. Now it gets cloudy but I don't get any rain..... Is this due to the map Pregen01 or was there no rain in A19?.

EDIT : Ok day 39 and it has started to rain, very lightly though and it's not making me wet at all... I don't know how better to phrase that haha.

Edited by Minkles (see edit history)

As far as I know, the weather isn't affected by the map, so playing Pregen01 should make no difference... other than that it may have more or less of particular biomes, and biome does affect the weather.  The patch notes say that in A20, "Weather changes more often and has more variety."  In my own experience, I was getting rain or other 'bad' weather nearly every day in the forest for a long time.  I found it excessive.  I've been looking at the files recently, and according to biomes.xml, the chance of inclement weather (not the severity) in each biome is:

forest: 7% fog, 7% rain, 3% storm

desert: 0% fog, 8% rain, 5% storm

snow: 8% fog, 40% snow, 8% storm

wasteland: 0% fog, 15% rain, 5% storm

The rest of the time, the weather is the default for that biome.  What I don't know is how often the game 'rolls the dice' on these probabilities.  But apparently it's more often than in A19.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, Crater Creator said:

As far as I know, the weather isn't affected by the map, so playing Pregen01 should make no difference... other than that it may have more or less of particular biomes, and biome does affect the weather.  The patch notes say that in A20, "Weather changes more often and has more variety."  In my own experience, I was getting rain or other 'bad' weather nearly every day in the forest for a long time.  I found it excessive.  I've been looking at the files recently, and according to biomes.xml, the chance of inclement weather (not the severity) in each biome is:

forest: 7% fog, 7% rain, 3% storm

desert: 0% fog, 8% rain, 5% storm

snow: 8% fog, 40% snow, 8% storm

wasteland: 0% fog, 15% rain, 5% storm

The rest of the time, the weather is the default for that biome.  What I don't know is how often the game 'rolls the dice' on these probabilities.  But apparently it's more often than in A19.

LOL the rain and storm percentage is higher in the forest than in the desert.  I think someone coded that backwards.