Possible to make zombies/aggressive animals spawn randomly in PoIs?

I've created a modlet that increases zombie spawns and adds <property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true"/> to the shapes that appear in PoIs, hoping it would cause random zombies to spawn not only outside but also inside of PoIs.  The result is that I have lots of zombies spawning on the ROOFS of PoIs.  They don't actually spawn indoors.

I'm not sure if there's some code that tells zombies never to spawn indoors, or if it tells them to always spawn on the topmost available block (so they don't spawn in tunnels etc) or what.  Does anybody know where I should look to mod that rule out so that zombies can spawn pretty much anywhere? (Hopefully they wouldn't spawn inside a land claim / bedroll area but anywhere else should be fair game.)

I am not as familiar with the spawning system, but I believe the spawns inside of buildings are handled by the POI sleeper cells that the POI designer inserts into them.  @Laz Man is very knowledgeable about this subject and might have a workaround or confirm why you cannot adjust indoor spawns through a simple modlet