disconnection from server.

Rollo

7 hours ago, Rollo said:

Hello, it's me again. I'll summarize everything again now. I played 7d2d normally for months. on February 15th, 2022 I noticed for the first time that I can't open any boxes, loot containers, forges or chemical stations. this happened overnight without me changing anything in the hardware or software. I then completely reinstalled windows 10. but this did nothing. then i installed a new router. this didn't do anything either. i tried all the tips that my fellow players and experts gave me. everything has not helped so far. I also asked my provider to check the internet line. this has not been able to find any errors. i can play all other games (lostark, minecraft, rising world and various other games) without any problems. i don't know if it could be due to some windows update, if there was one at all at that point in time? I would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped so many here. but somehow it seems to me that there is no solution for my problem at the moment.

Kind regards Rollo

Well we can try and keep throwing advice your way in hopes you find a solution. So let’s try a clean uninstall. Bring up the game launcher, click tools tab and check every box then click Clean. Exit out, uninstall the game. In windows explorer, go to the game folder for example mine is D:Programs(x86)->Steam->Steamapps->common->7 Days To Die. Delete the 7 Days to Die folder. Next go to:

Users->{your name}->appdata->Roaming->7 Days to Die and delete that folder. Then Users->{yourname}->appdata->LocalLow->The Fun Pimps and delete The Fun Pimps folder. If you don’t see appdata, you need to be sure to hide system files box is unchecked. Finally, open regedit and search for 7 days to die and delete all entries but be sure it says the entire phrase 7 days to die, don’t delete any partials. Go back to the beginning of the registry and search for The Fun Pimps and delete all entries and again the entries must include all of the words. Now your system is cleaned of everything pertaining to the game. Now reinstall the game and see if you are still not able to play.

No errors in the log file. I saw that you tried to connect to two different servers. The first one you tried, your litenetlib connection failed but was successful on the second server. You joined the second server and you lost connection after a few minutes. Is it possible that you remembered what your ping was when you couldn't play anymore? Also, on the first server that you attempted to join, did you get a message about not being able to join?

with the first connection there was no error message. there was only the start screen to see. on the second server I was able to open loot containers in the first few minutes. I think that after the connection was lost, looting of containers was no longer possible. the question is, why do i have a disconnect?

Edited by Rollo (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rollo said:

with the first connection there was no error message. there was only the start screen to see. on the second server I was able to open loot containers in the first few minutes. I think that after the connection was lost, looting of containers was no longer possible. the question is, why do i have a disconnect?

I agree…very frustrating. However, we do know a couple of things are not the problem. It’s probably not the router since you’ve swapped the first for the second. It’s probably not the game….no errors in the log. You’ve turned off your firewall so it’s not that. You’ve done fresh install of Windows and 7 Days so not those. You’ve created exclusions in your antivirus for the game and saves folder so it isn’t antivirus. Your isp said it tested your internet….I still have some doubts there but we will see. Your issue ‘screams’ network/internet but since the router has been changed, that part is likely out.

Two more questions, do you have any background software that monitors network traffic or changes settings specifically for gaming like Asus Gamer First or similar? Second, are you on cable or dsl?

On 3/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, Rollo said:

But this time I came to a vanilla server

I connected to that server in your log and I did experience a brief point where I could not open containers. This happend during my first quest and lasted about 45 seconds.

Also, that server is not vanilla, it has an inventory mod and others.

• 1 year later...

hello, after more than a year of abstinence from 7d2d and looking forward to the new version, i tried to play the game again after the update. it's still the same error as a year ago. to explain the problem again: after a few minutes i can no longer loot any containers. I also fall through the ground if I move a few meters away from my position. I also don't hear the sounds of the doors opening and closing anymore. It seems like I'm losing the connection to the server but the client stays in the game. I can no longer chat with my fellow players. could you please help me to solve the problem? I already installed the game on another computer. the same errors happen there. I have already switched to windows 11. the router was also replaced. nothing helps.

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

hello, after more than a year of abstinence from 7d2d and looking forward to the new version, i tried to play the game again after the update. it's still the same error as a year ago. to explain the problem again: after a few minutes i can no longer loot any containers. I also fall through the ground if I move a few meters away from my position. I also don't hear the sounds of the doors opening and closing anymore. It seems like I'm losing the connection to the server but the client stays in the game. I can no longer chat with my fellow players. could you please help me to solve the problem? I already installed the game on another computer. the same errors happen there. I have already switched to windows 11. the router was also replaced. nothing helps.

Please don't dredge up an old thread for something not really related.

Read the Pinned thread on how to report an issue, and follow the instructions.