chincy potatoes

Thrin

I'm on the second tier in Living off the Land and only getting 9 potatoes and no seeds while planting 2 crops.  I see I'm not getting what others are getting what others are yielding in the forums. I know there's a 50% chance for seeds and that's just rotten luck for no seeds but the 4 potatoes off 1 plant seems not right. This has happened twice with the same result of nice potatoes. Please explain if I'm doing something wrong or if that's normal; Thanks Thrin

You probably need at least 10 potatoes to be sustainable. Some people have said six I personally feel better with 10. I've been harvesting enough to plant 10 plants and have sufficient to make enough meat stew to get me through the day.

If you put another point in living off the land it gets much better and you can probably get by with less than 10 if you want

9 crops is actually the most-likely result from harvesting two plants at LotL 2. Getting 8 crops or 10 crops are equally likely (but less likely than getting 9). Same for getting 1 seed. It's the most likely result. Getting 0 seeds or 2 seeds are equally likely (but less likely than getting 1).

LotL is working normally, but as they said, more plants will help you weather the bad runs of RNG.