What are the odds? Looted chemistry station, workbench, and wrench in an hour on day one

ElCabong

1 hour ago, 12pack said:

first A20 game i played, was like 2 weeks before getting a wrench...

today.. i got 3 on day one

go figure..

Haha, same here. I have two playthroughs going on right now. On my first it was like a week or so before finding a wrench and around three weeks before finding a beaker. Started a stealth playthrough today and found 3 wrenches on day one (two level 3 wrenches, and a level 1 wrench). Then two game days or so and found a beaker 😁

Love the rng of this game :)

Edited by Fenris (see edit history)

Right now I'm playing with no trading or quests (though stealing from traders is still in-bounds) and I found a forge recipe in the first forge I looted on day one, a chemistry station schematic on day ~11, and a workbench schematic on day ~13.  Had multiple beakers since the first week, too, so I was just waiting to be able to actually make anything.  The lack of workbench was really hurting too because as it turns out, crafting is actually *useful* when you can't do quests or trade.  Who knew??

12 hours ago, ElDudorino said:

Right now I'm playing with no trading or quests (though stealing from traders is still in-bounds) and I found a forge recipe in the first forge I looted on day one, a chemistry station schematic on day ~11, and a workbench schematic on day ~13.  Had multiple beakers since the first week, too, so I was just waiting to be able to actually make anything.  The lack of workbench was really hurting too because as it turns out, crafting is actually *useful* when you can't do quests or trade.  Who knew??

Yeah I can see how playing that way would make the workbench the most important thing you can find. I've rarely had more than one beaker.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

3 hours ago, 12pack said:

When you open Rekt's till and find Dukes in there, do you yell "CHA-CHING!" at him?

i do..

The funny thing is I didn't even raid his till because I don't need the Dukes. Although I guess I could have taken his money and thrown it on the ground to spite him.

I love the first day of this game seeing how my luck turns out, starting multiple games & save them for later. I used to try to make it to the Trader ASAP, now I try to loot as much as I can before reporting for duty.  I had two last week that were mentionable,

1st: I went straight to the Trader ASAP after completing Starter Quest, and in the Chem Bench I loot 6 Goldenrod flowers & a Beaker. It was the first thing I looted other than a few trash piles.

2nd: Looted the in the city on my way to Trader, by the time I got there I had looted an iron Axe, iron Shovel, iron Pickaxe, Pipe Rifle (all Lvl. 2), a wrench & a cooking pot. 

Just started a new game.... have managed to find forge and concrete mixer schematics in the traders compound.

Cool thing is... playing ground hog day... when I die... and restart... I can remember exactly the same order of trash, birds nests, cars, and boxes I looted so I can repeat it and always find the same forge and concrete mixer schematics.

But I'm curious if i give you my seed.... and trash collection order....  can you too?

Any volunteers ?