Jump to content

A much needed 4x4 mod...


Ezed
 Share

Recommended Posts

...because who fabs together a running 4x4 with giant spikes and a huge honkin' zombie plow on the front but decides it's a good idea to leave the top down?

 

I would really like a hard top mod.  I don't need a suntan...I would like to stay dry...and maybe not have vultures infect me when I stop to look at a map.  

 

Really it's only mod I was actually hoping for (besides a gunner seat but knew that wouldn't happen)

Edited by Ezed (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, Ezed said:

and maybe not have vultures infect me when I stop to look at a map.  

 

If I understand correctly, special vultures that are considerably faster and spit acid were introduced to combat a specific "tactic" on horde night (hopping in a 4x4 and driving away from the mob).  If they introduce Mods to cover the 4x4 they probably will have to change mobs too (maybe dive bombing demolitions vultures?) in order to compensate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, KnightTemplar said:

 

If I understand correctly, special vultures that are considerably faster and spit acid were introduced to combat a specific "tactic" on horde night (hopping in a 4x4 and driving away from the mob).  If they introduce Mods to cover the 4x4 they probably will have to change mobs too (maybe dive bombing demolitions vultures?) in order to compensate.

Slightly off-topic: I understand TFPs desire to make the game balanced and whatnot, but the idea of changing gameplay mechanics simply to stop people from avoiding a bloodmoon has always bugged me. If people want to not participate in BMs altogether, they can turn them off. If they want to avoid a single BM, why not let them jump in their jeep and run away? What's the harm? It's not even a "tactic" since they're not gaining any XP from simply staying alive. If a player feels they're not equipped to deal with a BM, why force them to stand and fight when they have the means to run away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

Slightly off-topic: I understand TFPs desire to make the game balanced and whatnot, but the idea of changing gameplay mechanics simply to stop people from avoiding a bloodmoon has always bugged me. If people want to not participate in BMs altogether, they can turn them off. If they want to avoid a single BM, why not let them jump in their jeep and run away? What's the harm? It's not even a "tactic" since they're not gaining any XP from simply staying alive. If a player feels they're not equipped to deal with a BM, why force them to stand and fight when they have the means to run away?

 

Turning off bloodmoon or turning off zombies or turning down zombie damage in the options are all meta options the player has to change the game fundamentally and everyone knows that you might throw any balance out of the window with that. 

 

But for a game designer it is important that the game is internally balanced, that the player in the game has options and those options should be balanced. None of those options should violate design principles like that you have to work for your safety in a horror-survival game.

 

If you want to avoid a bloodmoon you can turn it off. That is your choice, not the choice of the character you play in the game. Your character in the game has no easy option to avoid conflict, neither in a POI he wants to loot nor on horde night. He has to work for his safety. That is part of the balanced game play loop.

 

And this balance is not only for you who may be forced to endure a bloodmoon he doesn't want because he couldn't turn off bloodmoon completely, it is for all players who want to fight in a bloodmoon but don't want there to exist an easy cop-out they could take anytime the going gets tough. Because if they know that any tension they might be feeling before a boodmoon is gone. Why should I fear death at all when I can always hop into my 4x4? 

 

Ever played a card game against the computer, like "Slay the Spire"? Would you like there to be always a card in your hand labeled "auto-win", a card you can play anytime to win againt the current enemy you are facing? "If a player feels they're not equipped to deal with the current enemy, why force them to fight against that enemy?" 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...