Cannot connect to specific multiplayer server (4 days of trying to fix as of 29th Jan) Please Help!

Worrun

On 2/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, meganoth said:

I don't think there is more than players.xml and the files in the players directory. You naturally have to stop the server before doing the delete and to be save, delete the contents of LocalSaves on the local PC.

I would suggest you try again to delete your character, maybe first time was a fluke.

And if possible, observe the players.xml file and players directory on the server.  Start the server. Your player files should be still gone, don't forget to refresh the display. Then log in. Now and only now you should see your player files being created again.

I posted above suggestion but it seems it wasn't seen. Could you do this and if you again get thrown out post the newest logfile.

9 hours ago, meganoth said:

I posted above suggestion but it seems it wasn't seen. Could you do this and if you again get thrown out post the newest logfile.

The server was wiped yesterday in light of the release of A20.1 Stable, the issue has gone. If it happens again, I'll be sure to thoroughly perform this suggestion, thank you

So far I know of 9 other people that have had this issue across a multitude of servers - we are working on finding a solution before coming back to this thread. I encourage anyone else with this issue to post here, every little helps.

So far, creating a new steam account is the only fix we've found.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 12:15 AM, Jugginator said:

Sorry to rehash this, but has anyone figured out how to bug this out to reproducibility? Thus far in a natural, vanilla configuration I've yet to produce this.

It's quite a rare one, on a server where we had a steady 15 active daily players (around 10 CCU's on evenings) it happened to 3 people per month, on average