Glitching motorcycle

Hiroler225

SOOO I got the motorcycle and was really excited.  And when Im riding it it makes looting alot easier.. 

BUT there is a problem.. TOO MANY TIMES I will stop somewhere and just look away and when i turn back it has warped somewhere.. 

The worst time i actually saw it fall from the sky.  I saw that this is a known issue. 

HAs anyone figured out a fix or work around?

It depends on what happens.. ive had close teleports and really far away teleports.. 

do you have this issue with just one vehicle?  Is it just the motorcycle.. if i can make the 4x4 does it happen with that?

we are playing multiplayer vanilla and have two vehicles.

24 minutes ago, Hiroler225 said:

It depends on what happens.. ive had close teleports and really far away teleports.. 

do you have this issue with just one vehicle?  Is it just the motorcycle.. if i can make the 4x4 does it happen with that?

we are playing multiplayer vanilla and have two vehicles.

In A20 we've had it happen with our 2 motorcycles and our 2 bicycles, one time my wife's bicycle teleported into a wall and we only found it due to a tiny part of the wheel sticking out lol.  In past alphas we've had all our vehicles do it.

This can be caused by so many things

It comes down to processing power of the machine that’s “hosting” the game

It can be a dedicated server, or just a players own computer

The game has running stages that “writes” events, these “write” events are programmed at certain times, and if there’s any “gap” between 1 event and another, things can go screwy

This can happen due to a server or someone’s own computers processing speed

A lag spike, can cause this, anyone notice a slight “pause” when doing things?

That’s the “write” events the system (dedicated or own computer) is trying to handle

Whilst it does those actions, there can be a “gap” where things get missed out, then the game tries to work out where things are, and where they were, and what was supposed to be happening at that time, and just basically fracks things up

what i do is, when using a vehicle, when i stop, press space, wait a few seconds before getting off, never just jump off, or youll notice it might jump a few meters, thats the "write" event in the vehicle manager trying to work things out

Edited by Data (see edit history)

It seems like Data's idea of making sure of stopping and waiting for the wrote event has helped.

two play sessions and I have had only one glitch because I died.. not sure why it glitch like that.. but hey.. its been better.  about to build a motorcycle now.. lets see if i can keep the good luck