Frame Rates question

Tigreen

So I'm currently running the game with med/low settings reflections off no AA ect and getting fps in the 40s in the bigger city areas and less on horde night. Was wondering if this is normal.

Playing on a server on my local 10g network hard wired, not on WIFI. Server and Gaming computer specs below. 

Server:
Dell 7610

• CPUs - dual e5-2680v2
  • RAM - DDR3 ECC 128gb 
  • OS Drive - 120 SSD
  • Drives - RAID 5 of 512gb SSDs 
  • NIC - Intel 10g

My Gaming System

• CPU - AMD 5800x
  • MB - ASUS x570 pro with the latest bios.
  • RAM - 128gb DDR4 3600 Mhz 
  • OS Drive - Samsung 980 Pro NVME 
  • Game Drive - Samsung 950 pro NVME
  • GPU - Nvidia 2080 super
  • NIC - Intel 10g (don't remember the model)

Definitely a bit low, and you leave out a lot of details.

My system....

R9 3900x

Asus x570-E

32GB DDR4 3200

OS - 500GB 860 Evo Sata

Game Client - 1TB 860 Evo m.2

Game Saves - 2x 2TB Firecuda hybrid drives in RAID-0

GPU - GTX 1070 8GB in SLI

Now I run at 1440p and get 70FPS on average. If I drop it to 1080p I'll be around 100-120FPS. I'm currently just running on an SLI profile from a19, and have not done any tweaking yet for a20. (which I probably should.) 

I should also note that the CPU and GPU both are OC'ed by about 11% over stock.

Here are my settings.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've definitely noticed frame rate issues. Using a 3080, 1tb nvme ssd, 32g ram, and a Ryzen 7 3700x OC 4.5ghz. I keep my settings pretty dumbed down - I'm not a graphics snob, I just like building computers. 

Sometimes, inexplicably, my fps TANKS for a minute or so. Like, 3-5 fps. Pretty much unplayably low. Hardware monitor doesn't indicate any significant load or temperature spikes during these (admittedly rare, but always involving a city or horde) occurrences. Game just goes full potato for a bit.

In general 40 fps would be quite low for that hardware, however in the city that's pretty normal. I get around 40fps in a city with lots of stutter and dips to as low as 22fps.

CPU: OC'ed 5950x
Ram: 64GB 3600Mhz
Save drive: Sabrent rocket nvme 4.0 1TB m.2 

Game drive: Sabrent rocket nvme 4.0 2TB m.2 
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 OC'ed

I did some a20 benchmarks here (2 systems and on the nav map)

I played around with my settings and am now getting highs in the 140s out in the world and 40s in the city. I missed that I had vsync on, I really thought I turned that off. I am going to check my FPS tonight in a horde to see what happens. but I still think its odd that in the city the FPS dips so much. 

I was looking at my CPU and GPU usage in the city, when the FPS dipped to 40 and lower, and neither were more then 50% so I don't think the issue is the hardware.   

On 1/11/2022 at 8:02 AM, Jacknimble said:

I've definitely noticed frame rate issues. Using a 3080, 1tb nvme ssd, 32g ram, and a Ryzen 7 3700x OC 4.5ghz. I keep my settings pretty dumbed down - I'm not a graphics snob, I just like building computers. 

Sometimes, inexplicably, my fps TANKS for a minute or so. Like, 3-5 fps. Pretty much unplayably low. Hardware monitor doesn't indicate any significant load or temperature spikes during these (admittedly rare, but always involving a city or horde) occurrences. Game just goes full potato for a bit.

I've noticed the same. I hope they can make rendering the hordes and the city areas more efficient in the future. 

*le sigh*  I do know why,  but I can only think  "what if",  as My system (which I know should get an upgrade) runs at an average of 29-31 FPS, and dips down to around 19 FPS around the city plots.  I'm just at a point of not wishing to pay inflated prices for a GPU that should only cost $469,  but the market is now so crazy due to crypto currency miners that My desired GPU is priced at the mid $900 to $1100 price range.

My Gaming System

• CPU - AMD Ryzen5 1600AF
  • MB - ASUS Prime B450M Gaming/BR 
  • RAM - XPG Spectrix D41 TUF 16gb DDR4 CL16 3200 Mhz 
  • OS Drive - XPG Spectrix S40G 512Gb M.2 2280 NVME 
  • Game Drive - SanDisk Plus 240Gb SSD SATA
  • GPU -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR6

Works fine at 60Fps for me with a "old LCD monitor" 17" 4:3 60Hz in 1280x720 (fullscreen mode and V-Sync active) without stutter.