NPCMod and Addons

xyth

I'm just testing with the NPC Mod and those two packs.

I am using F3 as it shows what is spawning around me, even though I may not necessarily be able to see them due to obstacles.

Starting from W and moving E in Nav Pine Forest.

350m from start was Nightingale Nurse.

1200m from start was Harley club.

1300m from start was Cptn Hernandez.

1600m from start was both Nurse Nancy and Baker Byron.

1900m from start was Buster Fox.

2100m from start was Baker Byron.

2600m from start was Harley empty hand.

3100m from start was Ltnt Rollins.

3800m from start was Cptn Price and Nan Nurse.

4000m from start was zombieArmy1Feral.

From N to S in desert.

110m from start was Harley empty hand.

730m from start was Pvt Pile.

1100m from start was Nana Nurse.

1600m from start was Harley pipe rifle.

1800m from start was Harley spear and Harley club.

2200m from start was Harley axe and zombieArmy1.

2500m from start was Nana and Nanny nurses.

3200m from start was Sgt Hamilton.

They are certainly more regulated than A21 because of the new spawning method for the NPCs but they did exist in this tester.

They have also been added to appear at a lower rate than what we expect from Add On Packs.

The Soldiers and Zombie Add On Packs are spawning directly in the zombie groups using the A21 method. They are set to appear at very low rates compared to A21 and that explains their reduced amount in that test list as well. They are competing with zombies at higher spawn rates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

To increase them more, it is possible to change the Add On Pack spawn probability values to a higher number, and manually change the 0-XNPCore 'none' down to 95 and increase the others in the list so the sum total is 100. That will give them a greater chance to appear. Other Add On Packs using this new 'none' method aren't overwhelming the biomes when it is set to 90~92, but a small downward step to 95 will give you a feel for how it changes things.

I like this method now, I just wanted to make sure they were spawning in general feel like A21 they were everywhere. So far I'm loving the NPC changes/upgrades to 1.0 from A21 :D

Edit just to note, was testing stuff. Hired this guy and ne never shot his gun, ran up to zombies. Never attacked or shot. Tried hunting or full control. 

Edit 2: I had to pick him and place him back down, and then he started shooting and attacking. 

Edi 3: I spawned in 25 Zombies and they were all surrounding Dixon and he wasn't taking any damage. And there we're dozens around him lol. 

image.thumb.png.d79e3a32c7843e7d3d53f8a68520f333.png

image.thumb.png.820d9e5951182889e74a57812258a146.png

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I tested that pack and the pistol version of the helmeted soldiers, as thats my guess based on the pictures what guy that is, and they seem to work as expected.  If you provide more specific details, I can try to reproduce this.   Typically when this happens, your log will have red text errors.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

On 7/31/2024 at 1:51 PM, xyth said:

It is compatible, as far as I know.  How is it not?  I tested with gears and SMX and it worked fine. 

It's compatible in every way except for when you press escape, there is no NPC control selection. There is any time Gears isn't installed. (it could be a mod conflict, but at least on my system, it's definitely Gears that removes it)

9 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Accidently killed one because of an AOE attack caused by the relic mod. This now raises the question on how to stop the NPCS from attacking me on sight... 

Its faction based,  Bandit faction will attack on sight, whiteriver faction will not.  If you hit a whiteriver NPC, it will revenge target you for a short while.  

8 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

It's compatible in every way except for when you press escape, there is no NPC control selection. There is any time Gears isn't installed. (it could be a mod conflict, but at least on my system, it's definitely Gears that removes it)

Good to know, thats a compatibility issue with the 0-SCore mod then.  

6 minutes ago, dujinyuan said:

You see...I have the NPC mod...But I don't want the NPC inside to appear in the game...Because i have the zombie mod...What can i do with this?

Inside the Options folder in the NPCCore, is a .zip file.  Unpack that and inside is a replacement spawning.xml file.  Use that one and replace the original. 

Update .9:

Forced Harley and Jeerkoa to jiggle at all distances
Added 'NeverScaleAI' to base NPC template.  Stops the adding of a delay to character AI when 8M distance from player
Fixed AI task on Jeerkoa
Eliminated Harley and Mechs spawning during the day in the forest.  No more ganking noobs!
Added documentation to spawning.xml for new method, Thanks to Arramus for the writeup! 

https://github.com/7D2D/V1.0-Mods (edited)

3 hours ago, xyth said:

Forced Harley and Jeerkoa to jiggle at all distances

Can this feature be applied to vanilla and/or custom zeds and/or entities from the expansion packs that have been updated for 1.0?

If so is there an easy way to add the feature to existing entities?

Hey XYTH....here is what i found....eh....They( zombies and the animals) moved in the grass...when they moved they can destruction of grasslands.....I swear...I heard them walk past me....a chicken can kill grass!?It never happen before...

21 hours ago, ktrain said:

Can this feature be applied to vanilla and/or custom zeds and/or entities from the expansion packs that have been updated for 1.0?

If so is there an easy way to add the feature to existing entities?

Jiggle is a script that is attached to a properly configured model in Unity.  Many TFP zombies use jiggle.  Unless setup for jiggle in Unity, it wont show in game.

11 hours ago, dujinyuan said:

Hey XYTH....here is what i found....eh....They( zombies and the animals) moved in the grass...when they moved they can destruction of grasslands.....I swear...I heard them walk past me....a chicken can kill grass!?It never happen before...

That isn't a feature in this mod.  There is a setting in SCore that enables trampling, perhaps you have that toggled on.  

6 hours ago, nismo1969 said:

Well a "jiggling" harley just killed me....... Damn I was distracted nice tactic xyth +1

Glad you appreciate the distraction.  😄

Posted (edited)

Update to .10  -  should be game safe to update

Fixed several animals AI targets to add NPCs
Updated Ragdoll layer value in physicbodies.xml
Changed vanilla sound clips properties to use new vanilla values

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

May i ask you a question?...well I recruited a machine gunner NPC but he can shoot continuously without the need for bullets...I think if we could give him bullets to consume. the NPCmod would be even more perfect...I‘m sorry I really want to know if this is feasible....This problem has been bothering me for a long time...You see I am not a professional...So I don't quite understand Will this be difficult....

Edited by dujinyuan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, dujinyuan said:

May i ask you a question?...well I recruited a machine gunner NPC but he can shoot continuously without the need for bullets...I think if we could give him bullets to consume. the NPCmod would be even more perfect...I‘m sorry I really want to know if this is feasible....This problem has been bothering me for a long time...You see I am not a professional...So I don't quite understand Will this be difficult....

Agreed.  The bandits need unlimited ammo as they have no way to resupply at this point, but hired companions would get ammo from the owner.  It is possible, so probably we will add that at some point.

10 minutes ago, sledoput13 said:

Hello, is it possible to somehow give hired NPCs weapons from mods?

Not easily for end users.  A modder familiar with how weapon swapping works and how to edit the NPC controller in Unity could make it work. 

Hello! Im trying to load the mod 0-Score. I have the latest version for 1.0 But every time I load and check the console I see

"Failed initializing ModAPI instance on mod '0-SCore_sphereil; from DLL 'SCore.dll'
"EXC Could not load file or asssembly '0Harmony, Version=222.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies."

Is there something I've done wrong? Its version 1.0.45.853 the latest