NPCMod and Addons

xyth

2 hours ago, arramus said:

One of the warnings suggests 'Did not find 'extends' entity 'animalSpider01'.
Can you confirm that 1-NPCXSpiderPack Add On Mod is in your Mods folder?

My apologies, I didn't know you needed (1-) and (2-) 

7 hours ago, OTH.Incognito said:

Since moving my mods to the 7dtd mods folder (instead of the mod launcher like I am used to) I have noticed an issue with npc's. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

Only saw that if you changed things significantly and didnt start a new game, or if the version of SCore used is too old.  

3 hours ago, xyth said:

I noticed it on my first game when I moved out of the mod launcher. Deleted that save and started a new save, and still having that happen. All of the other mods are the same as they were on the launcher, so the only real change was putting the mods into the 7dtd mod folder. Kinda bummed, I like my soldiers....

Also, forgot to mention, I downloaded the new SCore and NPCcore as well. 

Edited by OTH.Incognito (see edit history)

Its likely that another mod is now causing the issue.  Test with just the NPCCore, SCore and 0_TFP_Harmony mods loaded.  If that works, add the 1- npc expansion packs.  If its still working add your other mods 1 by 1 and retest.

Latest update seems to have broken NPCMod "windows.xml.

I get this error in red and game stops loading, if I remove SCore and NPCCore game loads.

2024-07-20T16:46:55 25.369 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'windowEula':
2024-07-20T16:46:55 25.370 EXC Method not found: System.Action Platform.IUserClient.IsConnectToServerFromCommandline()
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) XUiC_MainMenu.DMD<System.Void XUiC_MainMenu:Open(XUi)>(XUi)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Void XUiC_MainMenu:Open(XUi)>(XUi)
  at XUiC_EulaWindow.Close () [0x0008b] in <9012b453657e4cfc9b8737a1be61667f>:0 
  at XUiC_EulaWindow.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x00046] in <9012b453657e4cfc9b8737a1be61667f>:0 
  at XUiController.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x00084] in <9012b453657e4cfc9b8737a1be61667f>:0 
  at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (System.Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00159] in <9012b453657e4cfc9b8737a1be61667f>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
XUi:OnUpdateDeltaTime(Single)
XUiUpdater:Update()
XUiUpdateHelper:LateUpdate()

Hope this helps xyth.

Updated NPCCore to 1.0.5, additional updates to Birds and Mechs addon packs

Changed BM and Bandit templates classes from EntityBandit and EntityEnemySDX to EntityNPCBandit (Thanks Karl!)
Fixed animalFox walking and run speed
Converted NPCs and birds to new biome spawners, no longer adding these to vanilla groups for spawning
Localization edits
Birds tagged as passive animals so fewer entities target them
Cleaned up MechsPack for initial release
remove SCore.zip from repo, get latest off SCore repo

DarkStar removed his GurlZ addon packs for now

Spawning NPCs and Birds has changed.  I'm no longer simply adding the new characters to Vanilla Spawn groups.  They now have their own groups which use the existing Biome Spawners.  Balance seems good, but much testing needed.  There should be better spawning compatibility with addon packs.

4 hours ago, marbu said:

Why all the dumb NPCs attack me? even the Soldiers. I havent even hit them or anything. I cant even hire.

Also crafting Hold and rejoin me made my character reset... great i was at day 13.

Yes, I have similar errors. The character was reset, I couldn’t hire helpers (npc), and there was a problem with friendly characters attacking.
I flew again through the debugmenu and completed tasks, like bringing a package or digging up treasure. The problem with attacking mobs was that I deleted the 0_TFP_Harmony folder (comes with the game). BUT! I still can't hire fighters, and if I remove the CORE of the mod, the character is reset. Maybe someone found out the reasons? v1.1 b317

7 hours ago, xyth said:

Spawning NPCs and Birds has changed.  I'm no longer simply adding the new characters to Vanilla Spawn groups.  They now have their own groups which use the existing Biome Spawners.  Balance seems good, but much testing needed.  There should be better spawning compatibility with addon packs.

I put in a pretty comprehensive first test with just the NPC Mod base entities, and the bird pack. The way entity spawning is being performed with this update, allows the default entities to continue their appearances without any competition from NPC Mod stock, as the game intends. This update simply adds another layer in the same way zombies and animals are kept in separate spawning groups. The NPC Mod base entities were the exception, rather than the norm as expected. The benefit of random selection ensure that at times there was nothing at all, at other times there were two helpers or bandits in close proximity, while at other times there was a battle between a helper and a bandit. It was not impeding on zombie spawning while at the same time offering many more random and dynamic interactions. Used appropriately, this update offers an overhaul that hooks into the way things are being done anyway. Time will tell for sure, but early testing is very promising.

My game was going fine with the new update until I picked up a nurse NPC. My UI went weird and I couldn't access inventory or craft. I had no option but to uninstall NPCCore and SCore and my save reset.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, nismo1969 said:

My game was going fine with the new update until I picked up a nurse NPC. My UI went weird and I couldn't access inventory or craft. I had no option but to uninstall NPCCore and SCore and my save reset.

Hope this helps.

I agree, I generated a new world and on it I can hire assistants. BUT if I pick them up, then after trying to install, errors related to XUI appear. Instead of a model of the selected NPC, I see a model of a mannequin and my interface disappears, becomes transparent and the functionality disappears.

2024-07-22T14:14:02 180.682 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'toolbelt':
2024-07-22T14:14:02 180.688 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

At the moment I see only one opportunity to play with this mod on a newly generated world. NPCs perform their functionality with one exception, you cannot raise them, otherwise the interface collapses and progress is reset. It is important NOT to raise them until the code is fixed.

Just a reminder, this is the experimental branch for testing, not the A21 stable branch.  If you update in Experimental, expect broken saves and new bugs.  That's normal for experimental.  Dont start an experimental game and expect to play it a long time.

4 hours ago, ILYAGGA said:

2024-07-22T14:14:02 180.682 ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'toolbelt':
2024-07-22T14:14:02 180.688 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The issue has been identified and a fix will be shared soon. The last flurry of experimental game updates can throw things off for a while.

10 hours ago, xyth said:

Just a reminder, this is the experimental branch for testing, not the A21 stable branch.  If you update in Experimental, expect broken saves and new bugs.  That's normal for experimental.  Dont start an experimental game and expect to play it a long time.

I don't mate. I test because I love the mod and just want to help. I've played 7DTD long enough to know better :)

Based on the recent 0-XNPCCore update, with a potential overhaul of spawning practices to layer rather than replace existing spawning, here is an update for Oakraven's 1-OaksColdBloods.

1-OaksColdBloods have been updated as follows:

• Spawning is performed through its own unique Add On Pack spawning.xml group to layer on top, rather than compete with existing spawning (This ensures existing populations will not see atrophy in volume).
  • spawning.xml groups consist of a Day and Night version with a slight increase in tougher dinos at night.
  • maxcount is set at 1 per spawn chance as base default with an increase to 2 for the Burnt Forest and Desert at night (Wasteland is 2 at any time).
  • Respawn delay is set at 1 as base default across the biomes, but with Snow at 2 and Wasteland at less than 1, for dynamic immersion and to match existing values.
  • The throttling 'none' entity, which ensures spawning remains regulated is set at >90% (spawning.xml appears to allow something to appear at about 40 block intervals based on testing).