A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

On 7/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, xyth said:

Sure, likely very doable.  An early example is the snowmen in WinterWeen, they lob snowballs that explode.  However, those are not hireable NPCs.  The NPCs are setup to support multiple Actions, where Action0 is melee and action1 is ranged weapons,  Action 2 or 3 could be used for throwing.  

Thank you Xyth! My original concept was for a -RARE- NPC bandit cackling madly on a loop, wandering the streets of a Fire Mod enabled city engaging zombies via molotov. You hear the cackle better hunt him down before he wanders near a players home/workshop - bases usually get cobbled/concrete/steel but often my players will co-opt a POI like a Mansion for a place to rest and craft leaving them near original (hence flammable) decor.

1 hour ago, DrunkZombie said:

I noticed some of the npc packs available for a20 are no longer listed as coming soon. Does that mean the creators decided not to update them for a21?

Maybe.   Darkstar is making some new packs, and wont update some of the others.  You might be able to talk him into doing one.   I have not heard from some of the others, most folks are busy working on their mods.

4 hours ago, xyth said:

Maybe.   Darkstar is making some new packs, and wont update some of the others.  You might be able to talk him into doing one.   I have not heard from some of the others, most folks are busy working on their mods.

ok, thanks.  I was thinking of the raidergurlz, raidergurlz friendly, and survivor packs.

apologies this may be an incredibly stupid question but with the creature packs have they been completely removed or not updated yet for A21? Can't seem to find any of the new animals, bandits or npcs added by the character packs so I'm not sure what has been done with them? 

23 minutes ago, dunzo said:

apologies this may be an incredibly stupid question but with the creature packs have they been completely removed or not updated yet for A21? Can't seem to find any of the new animals, bandits or npcs added by the character packs so I'm not sure what has been done with them? 

The NPCCore mod was just released.  At this point there are not many expansion packs updated to A21.  

45 minutes ago, Deacon of Undead said:

Ok I downloaded the two oSCore and XPNCore. Put them in the mod folder. started game and have not seen any npc? EAC is off.

The base mod doesn't spawn large numbers of NPCs by default.  On a new game, I typically see 1 NPC each day roaming around somewhere.   The reason for this is the characters in the NPCCore are example characters for the expansion pack modders, and while they work as expected, the characters added by expansion packs usually spawn in larger numbers.  If you want to see if they are working, type DM in the console, then press F6 to see the spawn menu.  

2 hours ago, xyth said:

The base mod doesn't spawn large numbers of NPCs by default.  On a new game, I typically see 1 NPC each day roaming around somewhere.   The reason for this is the characters in the NPCCore are example characters for the expansion pack modders, and while they work as expected, the characters added by expansion packs usually spawn in larger numbers.  If you want to see if they are working, type DM in the console, then press F6 to see the spawn menu.  

I tired the spawner but only the NPC like Harley and the cook are listed. Is it another pack I need to download? None of the hireable ones are in the list.

Edited by Deacon of Undead (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Deacon of Undead said:

I tired the spawner but only the NPC like Harley and the cook are listed. Is it another pack I need to download? None of the hireable ones are in the list.

The Baker, Nurse, and fox are hirable.  Several new packs were uploaded this morning, but I dont think any of those are hireable.    

15 hours ago, swmeek said:

I noticed you said there was a new npc controller , is this going to stop them from walking into trees and just keep walking up against them?

The controller has no impact on them getting stuck.  That's a known issue that will need to be sorted in code when Sphereii is available. 

4 hours ago, dayquill said:

is there anyway to increase the amount of npcs or raiders in the towns/cities?

NPCs can be added to POI groups, or you can just increase the values in entitygroups.xml  

https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod

They're back for A21 and greener, meaner, stickier, and feelier than ever.

JcN4UC5.jpg

Since the rad material has been pretty much phased out, the rad version is using another stock texture which reflects that green comment. It is quite subtle. ^^

5nORuwJ.jpg

They continue to reside in their own custom POIs as well as roam the desert and wasteland.

aE4lXP2.jpg

GzbCJyY.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Some prefabs are not loading:

2023-07-06T01:08:41 396.423 INF [XUi] Initialized all window groups completed in 965 ms total.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.099 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_01" failed: Block "terrBurntForestFromDirt" (40) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.099 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.180 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_02" failed: Block "metalIndustrialFenceBottomBroken1" (11617) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.180 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_02'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.199 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Arachnids_Cave_01" failed: Block "stalactite01" (12971) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.199 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Arachnids_Cave_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.330 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Arachnids_army_camp_02" failed: Block "terrBurntForestFromDirt" (40) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.330 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Arachnids_army_camp_02'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.584 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_01" failed: Block "terrBurntForestFromDirt" (40) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.584 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.637 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_02" failed: Block "metalIndustrialFenceBottomBroken1" (11617) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.637 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Bandits_Settlement_02'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.638 ERR Loading prefab "NPCMod_Arachnids_Cave_01" failed: Block "stalactite01" (12971) used in prefab is unknown.
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.638 WRN Could not load prefab 'NPCMod_Arachnids_Cave_01'. Skipping it
2023-07-06T01:08:44 399.679 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

Possibly others I am not using as well

Edited by ktrain
more info (see edit history)

4 hours ago, ktrain said:

Some prefabs are not loading:

Possibly others I am not using as well

Did you use the A21 updated versions from here:

https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod-Prefabs

I imagine not as they were just released for A21 today since things have gone to stable build.

They are loading into an A21 World without error since they got their new replacement blocks and features. A few things may look different or strange but they are functional.

5mDOx29.jpg

yWOJR6I.jpg

ImIvNYt.jpg

bw49W7R.jpg

3OADn8G.jpg

8 hours ago, Pantstain said:

getting this when loading a new game. no other mods installed. any thoughts? (im sure im doing something wrong)

Untitled.png

Did you take the second folder out of the initial file extract? First folder is 0-SCore, you take the second folder also called 0-SCore out of that one to actually use in your mods folder. That may be your issue.

3 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

Did you take the second folder out of the initial file extract? First folder is 0-SCore, you take the second folder also called 0-SCore out of that one to actually use in your mods folder. That may be your issue.

nvm....apparently game wasnt done updating. solved now i apologize

Edited by Pantstain (see edit history)