A Discussion About Current Bugs And How To Solve Them [alpha 20]

WenisOfTheFlies01

First off i would like to say i can't seem to figure out how to solve a bug on alpha 20 multiplayer where you can't access loot containers, even after relogging, checking the games integrity files, resetting your computer, and clearing steams download catch.                     *note i am not the host of the world*

( I'm mostly positive that theses problems could be solved if the host did them)- it could be a latency issue on their end, but i'm not sure

I just want to see what others have encountered and how they might be fixed, or if they've encountered the same BUG in alpha 20

Edited by WenisOfTheFlies01
wanted to add more (see edit history)

• SylenThunder changed the title to A Discussion About Current Bugs And How To Solve Them [alpha 20]

A lot of players had this problem changing from A19 to A20. The solution is probably this:

Start the game launcher, switch to the Tools-tab, select the last option in that list, the "clear configuration" option. Check all boxes and start it. This will delete all settings, all generated worlds on the local machine, all save games. If you wanna keep a world or savegame, make a backup before doing this.

Make sure all mods are deleted too and only install mods that that been confirmed to work with Alpha 20.  If a previous mod changed loot items, that can cause an issue during the loading stage (you will see a red warning about unable to load up loot) and that messes up the looting containers.   I seen that on my end when I forgot a slash somewhere in my files.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 4:55 PM, BFT2020 said:

Make sure all mods are deleted too and only install mods that that been confirmed to work with Alpha 20.  If a previous mod changed loot items, that can cause an issue during the loading stage (you will see a red warning about unable to load up loot) and that messes up the looting containers.   I seen that on my end when I forgot a slash somewhere in my files.

no mods are being used, its only the vanilla base game that all the problems happen on alpha 20

12 hours ago, WenisOfTheFlies01 said:

no mods are being used, its only the vanilla base game that all the problems happen on alpha 20

You probably already know this, but the Mods folder is not deleted when you update the game from A19 for example. So if you previously played with mods in A19 and then updated you actually need to go into the games directory and delete the Mods manually.