Endgame and Final Boss Ideas

Ferrikus

I thought as a way to wrap up a playthrough it would be cool to have a final big boss to fight, just to wrap things up. Since the game is largely procedurally generated, it might be fun to have that boss change each game, kind of like how the "Cabin in the Woods" movie picked a different bad guy each time. Maybe after 100 days or so there is a chance to spawn the final boss each day, so hopefully your base is ready to rock.

You could also either fight the boss directly (and if you lose have to recover and try again) or maybe solve the problem with a less direct approach (just in case you are playing solo). 

A few concepts I had:

- Bioscience had gone too far and created the undead plague. Patient zero had a super potent dose of virus and continues to grow and absorb living matter, turning into a giant mound of living horribleness (E.g. Akira, or Master from Fallout). You have to either use your mining skills to dig into the mountain of flesh and destroy the brain, or find the original lab and get the cure.

- Someone summoned Gozer and didn't pick a marshmallow man, so there's a 100ft zombie running around smashing the world. You have to blast it with everything you got while trying to outrun it and avoid getting stepped on. Alternate solution could be to fight your way up a skyscraper and close the portal (or escape through the portal to a new world since this one is already borked).

- A necromancer reached max level and summoned the zombies with magic. He has an extremely large horde that wanders about causing trouble, and maybe he can shoot lighting or cast spells or something to defend himself. You can either try to withstand the near-infinite horde until you can strike at the wizard or go find his sacrificial alter and smash it to drain his netherworldly power. 

Other options: Mummy curse, nuclear war, son of Satan, etc.

You could also drop hints as to what scenario is coming, like how there are newspapers with mushroom clouds laying around the world now. If you figure out that its the bioweapon/living blob, maybe you'll make sure to check out every inch of each medical facility to find the cure. Or if its a super giant zombie, build vehicles to stay mobile. 

What do you all think?

50 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Who are the "we" you are speaking for?

i think a lot people on this forum want keep virus realistic setting ( number of people who wanted kids zombie suggest the want more setting in no more room in hell style or days gone style that  NZA in modern period) so " we" mean - this part of forum who prefer this type of setting.  i think most of  fans would be rly annoyied if TFP decided to add necromancers magic etc 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

I say keep it simple and just make the last 7th day last for 7 days. It encompasses, what the game stands for, and makes it extra challenging.  And after, the player has the choice to keep playing if they want. 

Personally, I say keep a zombie game a zombie game. When we start introducing satanic demons the size of a truck, or wizards and witches, it ruins the game IMO.

Thats my 2 cents., 

3 minutes ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

I say keep it simple and just make the last 7th day last for 7 days. It encompasses, what the game stands for, and makes it extra challenging.  And after, the player has the choice to keep playing if they want. 

Personally, I say keep a zombie game a zombie game. When we start introducing satanic demons the size of a truck, or wizards and witches, it ruins the game IMO.

Thats my 2 cents., 

He wrote what i mean  @meganoth.  For example -  living skeleton  could looks bad and unrealistic ( let say realistic type of zombie game are : l4d2 , days gone tlou , dying light, dead space  and unrealistic - cod vanguard, nza , dead rising 4 , wolfenstein old blood ) but dryied old corpse of cowboy or indian would suit as zombie 

Maybe you could set it up as a server setting, like how you can modify feral sense and length of daytime. There could just be a line you set to "0" if you don't want a boss, choose a number if you want a certain boss, or set to "-1" for a random one. That way you can play the game however you want but have lots of options.

Might make a good DLC option or something. 

57 minutes ago, Ferrikus said:

Maybe you could set it up as a server setting, like how you can modify feral sense and length of daytime. There could just be a line you set to "0" if you don't want a boss, choose a number if you want a certain boss, or set to "-1" for a random one. That way you can play the game however you want but have lots of options.

Might make a good DLC option or something. 

This not my point. Boss is good idea but not "magical".  I mean by setting not server options but "world setting" - skyrim have medival fantasy wordl setting, cod ww2, modern and futuristic setting. So  for example zombie in heavy armor in cod colosus style can suit well into 7dtd but  necromancer no.

7 hours ago, Matt115 said:

i think a lot people on this forum want keep virus realistic setting ( number of people who wanted kids zombie suggest the want more setting in no more room in hell style or days gone style that  NZA in modern period) so " we" mean - this part of forum who prefer this type of setting.  i think most of  fans would be rly annoyied if TFP decided to add necromancers magic etc 

Ok. If everyone is sharing his opinion, I will share ours:  We (the people who don't much care about realism) don't care much about realism. 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Ok. If everyone is sharing his opinion, I will share ours:  We (the people who don't much care about realism) don't care much about realism. 😁

i too don't care too much - just i want to keep "setting" consistent. you know what i mean  XD

Like - you want painting in victorian period style? - this barefoot orphan suit good, this poster on this wall yeah, this cop looks good but in this period they were using wooden  baton not metal, but don't worry about gun- yeah cops didn't use this model of revolver but this is revolver so it suit well

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

The Endgame fight might be "The Duke", with his group of bodyguards coming to take everything you own... again!

If you lose, the game starts over with another note in your pocket with no skills... Again!

If you win, you meet the "Air Drop" guys and start building your airship to travel to New York and start Part 2.  :)

Oh yeah, that'd be cool too! Especially if you were used to dealing with zombies and suddenly a dozen guys with guns and armor showed up to give you a run for your money. 

It'd kind of be a pvp experience (fighting humans with weapons) without the pvp.