"Just like that, the great block nerf war was over. And that's all I have to say about that."

Raindear Games

49 minutes ago, Raindear Games said:

I guess it was too hard to adjust building materials

According to a post in Dev Diary, it was about not wanting to confuse people with lack of hit point info in the menu. I agree with that decision. I would prefer no nerf at all, but if there's going to be one, it should come with the relevant info available in the UI. 

I was not opposed to the nerf per say, I thought is was a bit too aggressive, maybe more like 75% and 50% reduction with a corresponding reduction of material costs. That being said, I prefer not having it, as much of my horde base used the affected shapes and I spent the last horde night doing a lot of repairs during the battle> I upgraded the most vulnerable bits to steel after the horde night as I finally was able to buy a crucible from the trader. 

Over?

Allan said that it was pulled "for now".  They are going to assess things and if they come up with a good way to convey the differences in block strength it will most likely make a return. They already linked crafting cost and upgrade cost with the difference in HP so it is still very much in development.

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

They already linked crafting cost and upgrade cost with the difference in HP so it is still very much in development.

From what I saw this and the bonus zombie block damage for some of the shapes affected by the change were the main issues.