Sam's Stuff - All A20 Server-side modlets

saminal

Now that I've got everything updated for Alpha 20 I figured I should consolidate into one post rather than having 15+ forum posts hanging around.

All of my modlets are XML only and server-side friendly.

Any requests for additions, please post below!

Sam's Working Stuff

Working versions of POI lights in one craftable shape-menu block. Includes a wireless wire relay to avoid problems with wires connecting to the middle of the block.

Working Oven, Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill - to use instead of the campfire.

Working taps / faucets - Fill glass jars with murky water.

Download for A20

Sam's Building Stuff

Adds Wood Bars back in, outside the shape menu. These bars upgrade to Iron, and Iron Bars upgrade to Steel. The versions in the shape menu still follow the standard wood > cobble > concrete > steel path if you prefer that.

Adds Steel versions of the Wood / Iron Spikes Trap - higher durability.

Adds recipes for house windows and doors.

Download for A20

Sam's Storage Stuff

Lockable, full-size storage furniture - adds fridges, desks, cabinets, bookcases, pill cases and a few other items that can be used just like storage crates with lock and code functionality.

All blocks have 8x9 slots.

Download for A20

Sam's Deco Stuff

Craftable variant shape-menu blocks for various decorative items otherwise unavailable or only available from traders. More will be added soon; request below!

Download for A20

Sam's Council Stuff

0W power streetlights and wire relays to allow an area on a dedicated server to be lit from a single battery bank without needing any maintenance.

Download for A20

Sam's Sustainable Forestry

All trees respawn instead of needing replanting. Very small chance to drop "Sapling" seeds, which will randomly grow to an original RWG tree rather than always growing to the same model. No more ugly tree farms!

Download for A20

Sam's Car Respawner

Cars, trucks and busses respawn after harvesting.

Cars respawn to a random cars, trucks respawn to a random truck, and busses respawn to a random bus.

Download for A20

Sam's Special Ammo

Shock Arrows and Bolts, unlocked by completing the Ranger book series.

Shock and Concussion grenades, unlocked by schematic or by Demolitions Expert skill.

Heavy Snowball - a throwable snowball that can do actual damage.

Download for A20

Sam's Auto Shotgun Unnerfing

Increases the fire rate of the Auto Shotgun to actually feel like an automatic weapon. Increases recoil to balance it. Use with the Full Auto Mod for best effect!

Download for A20

Sam's Steel Electric Fence

Adds a steel version of the standard electric fence post with higher durability.

Download for A20

Sam's Long Loot Bags

Increases the length of time zombie loot bags stay in the world

Download for A20

Sam's Realistic Salvage

Tweaks the Ratchet and Impact Driver - Ratchet has a higher fire rate than the Wrench, Impact Driver has reduced stamina cost as it's powered.

Download for A20

Sam's Tactical Nuke

You'll want to stand back when you throw this one.

Download for A20

Additions already on the to-do list:

Deco Stuff: Corpse / gore blocks, hospital beds, notebook computers.

Working Stuff: projectors?

Storage Stuff: iron desk, more cabinets

Edited by saminal (see edit history)

Sam's Storage Stuff - Updated to include metal desks, lockers, cupboards and cabinets, and gun/armor racks!

cupboards.jpg.bfb7c4464531984458d9fd5bd6762f17.jpg

Cupboards are a variant helper, so you can craft one block and then choose from the 10 options

gunracks.jpg.ffdeb5567b0dce3dc1f0498153eaece0.jpg

All the storage units are lockable, and have 72 inventory spots.

Most of the blocks show as "open" if the lock is broken:

closed.jpg.fa95af4a8fdd5bec240eb515045364a3.jpg

open.jpg.cbba9cdc62580c63d0d474d2e5d16361.jpg

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

Your Storage mods are the best! Just need Shoe/Clothes Racks, Rolling Toolboxes, File Cabinets and basic Store Shelves and that would pretty much cover all main item types to to store.

I'll look at adding Store Shelves and Clothing Racks to my Deco Stuff mod, or maybe doing a Shop Stuff mod, but I don't think they belong in Storage Stuff as there's no way to lock a shelf 😉

1 hour ago, theworldsaddress said:

How do I go about making the Council Stuff mod on my server? Is it only certain street lights, or is it all of them?

I haven't put recipes in for the blocks as they're intended for admins only; just use the creative menu and search for Council, you'll see the wireless and timer relays, and the streetlights. You'll also need to make your own streetlight poles, and find somewhere to put your battery bank. I buried all mine underground.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DEATH MECHANIC said:

also not sure if this was intended or not but the schematic for the working stuff does not unlock the working oven/stove. It unlocks the other working cooking devices. Not sure if all the perk points into the food perk unlocks it or not, haven't gotten that far yet.

Argh, I thought I fixed that already! It's definitely fixed now; download the update from the original link. Thanks for letting me know!

4 hours ago, DEATH MECHANIC said:

does the sams building stuff include the new manhole cover/sewer lid

It does now! 

Very interesting modlets. I particularly like the new containers but  i truly wish they would be stronger ( to resist damage a little more ). Using 300 points of durability containers is a risk. 

And i would add these containers too;

-Large  Hardened chest ( the one that is 2 blocks wide )   

-Rolling tool box ( closed )

In the "doors " modlet ;  If u could add the sewer hatch, that would be great. i think TFP just totally forgot abt it. 

In the "deco"    modlet ;  Table saw is missing ? 

Tks for your hard work !  

1 minute ago, vicvin33 said:

Very interesting modlets. I particularly like the new containers but  i truly wish they would be stronger ( to resist damage a little more ). Using 300 points of durability containers is a risk. 

In the "doors " modlet ;  If u could add the sewer hatch, that would be great. i think TFP just totally forgot abt it. 

Tks for your hard work !  

Re: hit points - I used the same values the containers already have as they're made of the same materials. Are you thinking about this from a PVP point of view, or just having rogue zeds at your base?

Re: hardened chest - that's in Deco Stuff; I didn't add it to Storage as it's already a lockable container, just needed a recipe.

Re: toolbox - both types actually, good idea, I'll put them on my to-do list

Re: sewer hatch - has been added to Building Stuff already, make sure to download the latest version

Re: table saw; good idea! Can't believe nobody's mentioned it before. Now on the to-do list :)

Thanks for your ideas :D

6 minutes ago, vicvin33 said:

Tks for your hard work !  

5 minutes ago, saminal said:

Re: hit points - I used the same values the containers already have as they're made of the same materials. Are you thinking about this from a PVP point of view, or just having rogue zeds at your base?

Re: hardened chest - that's in Deco Stuff; I didn't add it to Storage as it's already a lockable container, just needed a recipe.

Re: toolbox - both types actually, good idea, I'll put them on my to-do list

Re: sewer hatch - has been added to Building Stuff already, make sure to download the latest version

Re: table saw; good idea! Can't believe nobody's mentioned it before. Now on the to-do list :)

Thanks for your ideas :D

I still cant find the "LARGE HARDENED CHEST " ... i find the small one ( 1 block wide  only ) 

What type of deco blocks variant should i craft to find it ? 

Deco blocks; I would also add;   -Cow Skull  and the different control panels ( including the few corner pieces ) 

- The new mailboxes (3-4) + appartment entrance mailboxes

- Ammo display case (4-5) 

tks again !  ;)

52 minutes ago, vicvin33 said:

I still cant find the "LARGE HARDENED CHEST " ... i find the small one ( 1 block wide  only ) 

What type of deco blocks variant should i craft to find it ? 

sorry, I know the one you mean now. I'm used to the a19 ones and they changed them up for a20. I'll put the large one on my to-do.

Good day!

Love the mods as I and the people on my server like adding the random bits to the game to make it more enjoyable!

Do you do a door mod or similar?  I thought I read above someone mentioning it but I dont see one?

If you dont, would it be something you would consider?  As the standard wood/iron doors are lack luster compared to the nice ones you can find in houses/buildings etc.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Adam

Just now, Panachronic said:

Good day!

Love the mods as I and the people on my server like adding the random bits to the game to make it more enjoyable!

Do you do a door mod or similar?  I thought I read above someone mentioning it but I dont see one?

If you dont, would it be something you would consider?  As the standard wood/iron doors are lack luster compared to the nice ones you can find in houses/buildings etc.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Adam

Glad you're enjoying the mods! For the house doors, get Building Stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoi,

saminal, can you please add these trees to your respawn mod?:

treeJuniper4

treePlantedOak08m
treePlantedOak16m
treePlantedOak27m

treePlainsTree2

treePlantedMountainPine12m
treePlantedMountainPine19m
treePlantedMountainPine27m

Thanks 😃