Windows 10 - Game Crashing While Creating New Game

jdzane

I can't seem to load a new game anymore.  It generates the world, and then it never initializes, the console opens up with an error, and then it just stays there on the loading screen, not saying any part of the loading process, and it doesn't progress, I have to then force quit the program.  I've tried 3 times now, even after deleting all my old saves.  Any ideas?  I've been able to use a pregen world and play already, this just started happening when I tried to use the random generator.

https://pastebin.com/F3maN2R0

The error shown is a file access violation. Until we hear from others who may have seen this error, I wonder if it's your antivirus. Have you or can you exclude Steam from your antivirus software? Other than the file access violation, I don't see any other errors. Everything about the game spins up normally until it attempts to access info on a rwg file.

System specs? Are either of you running background apps that could possibly conflict with the game such as fps display like Riva Tuner, or screen capture like FRAPS, etc? What about mods? Running on SSD or HDD? These are the kinds of info we need in order to narrow down the field of diagnosing the problem. Error logs only provide half the info (aka, what took place), but not the cause.

15 hours ago, jdzane said:

I can't seem to load a new game anymore.  It generates the world, and then it never initializes, the console opens up with an error, and then it just stays there on the loading screen, not saying any part of the loading process, and it doesn't progress, I have to then force quit the program.  I've tried 3 times now, even after deleting all my old saves.  Any ideas?  I've been able to use a pregen world and play already, this just started happening when I tried to use the random generator.

https://pastebin.com/F3maN2R0

The file in question is C:\Users\jaqdi\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\Pafabe Mountains\dtm_processed.raw.

Since this file was generated by the program itself as part of the RWG generation I'm wondering if antivirus can really be the culprit. @jdzane: Did you try to generate different RWG worlds or always the same? If the latter it could be by coincidence that a virus signature was deteceted by your antivirus software. If the former I can only explain it by the file having wrong access rights, which would be a bug in the game itself. Maybe check the access rights and find out if the program would have access to that file.

You also seem to have files in your Mods folder although no full mod. Remove those anyway, one less possible cause of problems.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)