Why A20 delete Blunderbuss? This is a very funning weapon.

ad65309445

I can imagine when pipe weapon come, blunderbuss will be forgotten and nobody use it.  However I never expected the A20 just delete it.  For now , pipe shotgun is weaker than blunderbuss,  it have low damage and hard to knock down zombie.  However forget the game data, blunderbuss have powerful sound and firelight.  And the bullet can be handmade,and it is very conform for wasterland style.   I‘m very like this gun.

And no matter how, add new weapon or zombie or building or anything are always better.  Delete game content is no interesting.

1 hour ago, IgnyteZero said:

While I agree the Blunderbuss had a lot more flavor and was more fun (and the pipe shotgun is in a very sorry state atm), removing it makes sense as now all early weapons follow the same logics. It's more streamlined content.

Why streamlined content? This is not borderland 3, player have 10 billion different weapon.  We only have fourteen gun, now add pipe ,only seventeen. 

I did kinda like the blunderbuss and the loading was amusing, but, I do prefer being able to use the ammo found early on.

After you upgraded, you'd still get ammo for the blunderbuss, and it just scrapped to paper.  Getting paper has not been

an issue in ages. (in A19, clear and scrap the paper mill for a bunch, or better, the crackabook tower. haven't done the new one.... yet)

:)

Day 14 and the only pipe weapon I'm still using is the MG. I can make AKs, but not enough parts yet. /shrug

Day 19, I'm using tier 3 iron crossbow for stealth kills(88 points damage with iron arrows and one mod), just crafted a tier 3 double barreled shotgun to replace my tier 6 pipe shotgun, I like the pipe shotgun, but reload is too slow even wearing a bandolier. I'm still using my tier 5 pipe machine gun as I it is good enough for questing/looting/wandering horde with cops, but use my tier 3 AK for horde nights. I have a tier 3 9mm pistol as opposed to the pipe revolver, which I like, but the 9mm hits a lot harder.  I normally only use pistols on horde nights, not something I carry otherwise. 

11 hours ago, ad65309445 said:

Why streamlined content? This is not borderland 3, player have 10 billion different weapon.  We only have fourteen gun, now add pipe ,only seventeen. 

I'm not TFP so I can't really answer that but I guess they wanted people to be able to use all the ammo at the go. And that makes some sense considering how easy ammo is to get now.

But I would lie if I said I didn't want the blunderbuss back. I loved that gun. Was it good? Perhaps not. Was it fun? Hell yeah!

3 hours ago, IgnyteZero said:

I'm not TFP so I can't really answer that but I guess they wanted people to be able to use all the ammo at the go. And that makes some sense considering how easy ammo is to get now.

But I would lie if I said I didn't want the blunderbuss back. I loved that gun. Was it good? Perhaps not. Was it fun? Hell yeah!

In fact blunderbuss is a useless gun in A15~18, in A19 the reason it become useful is player can't find another gun in early time , there only blunderbuss can be find. However can we just can have blunderbuss and pipe in same time?  Unless the game engine can only support 17 guns.