No dogs on lower level of difficulty

neo007bb

Hi there,

if I set the level of difficulty on adventurer and start a new game, there are no dogs, bears or wulfs.
That's okay, because I wanted a lower level of difficulty. But even if I change the level to a higher one, after some time, there will be no wild/zombie animals. Can I reset my settings to get more difficult enemies on a existing savegame? (Alpha 20 experimental, but also Alpha 19)

I'd love a higher difficulty after some time, but not in the first two days of the game.

6 hours ago, Star69 said:

Yes you can change your difficulty on the same map any time you want to.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I can, I know that. But there are still no dogs and bears or vultures after changing difficulty.
Instead of them, there appears the fat zombie with the white shirt always.

Is it possible that you didn’t clear out some of your A19 files before installing A20? If you had mods in A19, did you delete the mods folder? Lastly, could you post your output log using the instructions in the pinned topic about reporting problems? Someone will get this solved for you.

9 hours ago, neo007bb said:

Hi there,

if I set the level of difficulty on adventurer and start a new game, there are no dogs, bears or wulfs.
That's okay, because I wanted a lower level of difficulty. But even if I change the level to a higher one, after some time, there will be no wild/zombie animals. Can I reset my settings to get more difficult enemies on a existing savegame? (Alpha 20 experimental, but also Alpha 19)

I'd love a higher difficulty after some time, but not in the first two days of the game.

unless there is a mod that alters the spawns.. the difficulty button does not affect how many spawns, it merely raises or lowers the damage the enemies do to players and blocks and it adjusts how much damage they can take.

i have spawned near wolves in the forest but usually dont get dogs on the first couple days (unless i venture into a poi that has them or into a biome where they will spawn), after some time passes and your gamestage raises, they can start showing up in wondering mutt packs.. :)

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

On 12/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, Star69 said:

Is it possible that you didn’t clear out some of your A19 files before installing A20? If you had mods in A19, did you delete the mods folder? Lastly, could you post your output log using the instructions in the pinned topic about reporting problems? Someone will get this solved for you.

On 12/8/2021 at 12:11 AM, unholyjoe said:

unless there is a mod that alters the spawns.. the difficulty button does not affect how many spawns, it merely raises or lowers the damage the enemies do to players and blocks and it adjusts how much damage they can take.

i have spawned near wolves in the forest but usually dont get dogs on the first couple days (unless i venture into a poi that has them or into a biome where they will spawn), after some time passes and your gamestage raises, they can start showing up in wondering mutt packs.. :)

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Great, thanks for your answers, guys! I did not clean my installation folder before updating to alpha 20 and will do that. 
Thanks also for the information that the difficulty option does not influence the kind of enemies. I will post here, if cleaning the mods-folder did help.

By the way:

Is there any possibility to change the amount of spawned zombies in prefabs or wandering hordes? (not blood moon)

Edited by neo007bb (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, neo007bb said:

By the way:

Is there any possibility to change the amount of spawned zombies in prefabs or wandering hordes? (not blood moon)

not any short of editing the prefab in the editor as the volumes are there to spawn what is specified. but if you did that and on the next update (it will get reset back to default most likely).

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

20 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

not any short of editing the prefab in the editor as the volumes are there to spawn what is specified. but if you did that and on the next update (it will get reset back to default most likely).

I didn't edit anything by myself. 

I meant, wether I can increase the amount of spawned zombies and wandering hordes in general. For example: If I place more camp fires and shoot around with weapons etc., there should spawn much more zombies, especially in towns.

But the wild animals and animal zombies are back because I cleaned my mod folder!
Thanks to all for your help.

38 minutes ago, HungryZombie said:

Try turning up the feral sense option.  I think it makes zombies sense you from much further away so you'll have more zombies drawn to where you are.

Correct.  So zombies that spawned further away can now be pulled towards you.  It doesn't increase the spawns, but does a great job of utilizing the spawns already in game.

1 hour ago, neo007bb said:

I meant, wether I can increase the amount of spawned zombies and wandering hordes in general. For example: If I place more camp fires and shoot around with weapons etc., there should spawn much more zombies, especially in towns.

Yes, you can increase spawns via xml edits.

There are already some zombie increasing modlets in the mods section of this forum if you are interested and don't want to create one yourself.