A20/21 Modlets - 30K/50K/65K Stacks, Arrow-Xbow ammo swap, Ammo Disassemble, +

elucidus

2 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Can I get an opinion on this?

elucidus' across the board type stack mods serve us very well for large group bases where assets are all combined into a pool but storage space remains reasonable. The trade off is those large personal inventory stack sizes.

For servers where players tend to create smaller base groups, or where Server Admin prefer to create less excessive stack values, the minimum across the board stack mod or one like Reasonable Stack Size where each item is given a considered value work well. Your point is very valid for sure, and it's decent there are alternative options out there to match our preferences and game styles.

13 hours ago, arramus said:

elucidus' across the board type stack mods serve us very well for large group bases where assets are all combined into a pool but storage space remains reasonable. The trade off is those large personal inventory stack sizes.

For servers where players tend to create smaller base groups, or where Server Admin prefer to create less excessive stack values, the minimum across the board stack mod or one like Reasonable Stack Size where each item is given a considered value work well. Your point is very valid for sure, and it's decent there are alternative options out there to match our preferences and game styles.

Is this server only or does it have to be downloaded by all players that enter the server as well? (client side as well I believe is the terminology?)

13 hours ago, arramus said:

I'm think I am just going to combine the Reasonable Stack Size mod (if it's server only) and Bigger Backpack mod like the 60 or 96. I can see the near infinite stack size of God Mode 30K being worth it if there were 40 people or 30 people on at once sharing a big base and size of the base was a consideration but to have that in your personal inventory...

That's just a straight up game breaker:

"Oh, I'm infected, let me break out my 25K antibiotics and vitamins and pop them constantly and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever get infected again..."
"Oh I'm taking damage, let me break out my 30K first aid kits and use them and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever worry about damage again..."
"Oh I'm out of stamina, let me break out my 25K coffees (enter favorite stamina drink HERE) and drink them and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever run out of stamina again..."

...etc.

I mean - what's the point? lol

Just enable cheat mode, go into God Mode, and @%$# the entire game. It's the same exact thing.

Edited by Sugarfree (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Is this server only or does it have to be downloaded by all players that enter the server as well? (client side as well I believe is the terminology?)

The stack modifying mods are server side only, and do not require client installation.

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, Sugarfree said:

I'm think I am just going to combine the Reasonable Stack Size mod (if it's server only) and Bigger Backpack mod like the 60 or 96. I can see the near infinite stack size of God Mode 30K being worth it if there were 40 people or 30 people on at once sharing a big base and size of the base was a consideration but to have that in your personal inventory...

That's just a straight up game breaker:

"Oh, I'm infected, let me break out my 25K antibiotics and vitamins and pop them constantly and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever get infected again..."
"Oh I'm taking damage, let me break out my 30K first aid kits and use them and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever worry about damage again..."
"Oh I'm out of stamina, let me break out my 25K coffees (enter favorite stamina drink HERE) and drink them and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever run out of stamina again..."

...etc.

I mean - what's the point? lol

Just enable cheat mode, go into God Mode, and @%$# the entire game. It's the same exact thing.

I'm only a year late, but here we go.  Play the game how you like, that is why I made three different versions. I was planning on doing one very similar to the Reasonable Stack Size, as that is a very good way to do it, but a lot more difficult and would have been reinventing the wheel. 

The point of my modlets are to add options to the game, I have had a lot of requests and if I can figure them out and people like to play with them, who am I to judge?  Though by the time you find/make 30K first aid kits you are basically immortal anyway, I mean what is to stop you from carrying two or three stacks of these god mode items?  You'd basically be immortal, might as well turn on cheat mode right?

If you know the game, you know that finding that many of a single resource (not coin or terrain) is time-consuming, also the game has built in mechanics to stop you from spamming healing items as well, that and it was made with the intent of simplifying base resource management. None of that matters, though, who cares how people play the game? Let them have fun how they want, it's none of your concern. You don't like it, don't install the mod, but definitely don't waste people's time with your opinion on what is the wrong way to play.

I actually came on here to address that all of the mods, except terrain movement speed adjustments appear to be working in Alpha 21.  And since there is a better mechanism for that mod made by someone else, I won't be updating it.

Edited by elucidus (see edit history)

• elucidus changed the title to A20/21 Modlets - 30K/50K/65K Stacks, Arrow-Xbow ammo swap, Ammo Disassemble, +

It appears they will be changing the modlet format, however it is currently still working.  I'll be updating them in the future.  to confirm this for that mod, hit F1, type CM in the window, hit <enter>, and open the item menu in the inventory (the light bulb icon), then look up something that should stack like stone and you will see it stacks to the amount you installed.  Should look like the attached.  

EDIT: I should add I have been away on a trip since the time A21 released, so I have only been able to do a quick test, so there is the possibility there are minor compatibility issues

20230616085055_1.jpg

Edited by elucidus (see edit history)

Hi I'm having an issue with "reading" some of the disassembled ammo. It says "Can't accept quest at this time" though I have no other active quests going on. Is this a bug or is there a cooldown for how many of these you can activate?

On 6/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, momoe said:

Hi I'm having an issue with "reading" some of the disassembled ammo. It says "Can't accept quest at this time" though I have no other active quests going on. Is this a bug or is there a cooldown for how many of these you can activate?

I'm also curious about what the intention of having these added as "quests" are?

How does that impact the implementation of the recipe?

I'm on A21 b323 and I can also confirm the problem that @MrMikeTacko and @momoe above have.

Basically you can currently only accept and complete the disassembly quests one time and they don't become "repeatable", even though I checked in the .xml files that they should be "<quest id="disassembleStoneArrowx50" repeatable="true">", assuming they haven't changed something in the newer builds. After accepting and completing the quest for specific ammoType and quantity for the first time, the "read" option stays greyed out if the same quest starting item is attempted to be used, hence not being able to repeat them.

EDIT:

Found the problem in the quests.xml file, the "repeatable" flag is formatted wrongly for all the quests.

Here's an example of the fix for the 762x50 quest.

Original (doesn't work):

<quest id="disassemble762x50" repeatable="true">
		<property name="group_name_key" value="Disassemble 7.62mm x 50" />

Fixed (works as intended, aka allows repeating the quest):

<quest id="disassemble762x50">
        <property name="repeatable" value="true"/>

EDIT2:

Here's a google drive link for the fixed "quests.xml" file for the zAmmo Disassembly, so drop that into the mod's folder and replace the old one and you should then be able to repeat the disassembly quests as intended. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gFd2DNk9GnQINQRIKjm8kpNGYA8Q0bLG/view?usp=sharing . OP, when you update the mod files, I'd appreciate if you can add a small line of credit for this fix.

Edited by Simos MCmuffin
Added the solution/fix for the problem (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, Simos MCmuffin said:

I'm on A21 b323 and I can also confirm the problem that @MrMikeTacko and @momoe above have.

Basically you can currently only accept and complete the disassembly quests one time and they don't become "repeatable", even though I checked in the .xml files that they should be "<quest id="disassembleStoneArrowx50" repeatable="true">", assuming they haven't changed something in the newer builds. After accepting and completing the quest for specific ammoType and quantity for the first time, the "read" option stays greyed out if the same quest starting item is attempted to be used, hence not being able to repeat them.

EDIT:

Found the problem in the quests.xml file, the "repeatable" flag is formatted wrongly for all the quests.

Here's an example of the fix for the 762x50 quest.

Original (doesn't work):

<quest id="disassemble762x50" repeatable="true">

Fixed (works as intended, aka allows repeating the quest):

<quest id="disassemble762x50">
        <property name="repeatable" value="true"/>

EDIT2:

Here's a google drive link for the fixed "quests.xml" file for the zAmmo Disassembly, so drop that into the mod's folder and replace the old one and you should then be able to repeat the disassembly quests as intended. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gFd2DNk9GnQINQRIKjm8kpNGYA8Q0bLG/view?usp=sharing . OP, when you update the mod files, I'd appreciate if you can add a small line of credit for this fix.

Had no idea they changed it, I tested to see that they still work, didn't think to test it for the repeatable trait.  Thanks for troubleshooting that, the original upload has been correct.  Happy to give credit, thanks for helping out.  I'll add a note to the OP.  

On 9/5/2023 at 1:53 PM, KIsune said:

Hey guys a Quick question i have 
is that Mod Compatible with Undead Legacy bye any chance?

These are all xml mods, so they SHOULD work with any other mods, however, if they also modify the ammo, their may be a conflict.

OP is awaiting approval for the edit, but it is there.  Thanks again.