The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

sphereii Darkness Falls BBM ceased to be updated through the launcher. Gives out:

Peforming Full Cloning of https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Re-attempting...

I managed to update with the option enabled <<direct download>>.

Hey TARCH26

Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? Github had pushed an update at the end of february that broke some of the features for Windows 7 users. They retired an SSL protocol, and went with a newer one (TLS 1.2). However, for Windows 7 users, this protocol is not enabled by default.

If you do have Windows 7, you can review this post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&p=792405&viewfull=1#post792405 for possible fixes.

What happend ?! :D

So yesterday I decided to install the launcher and try the Wotw mod :D I played good 10hrs. Today I wanted to play more, but when I started the launcher, something strange happend. :) There are no mods listed and there is no trace from the mod that I downloaded and played on. Welp at least not in the launcher. The created folder with the save is still there on my pc, so I deff didn't loose anything, but even if I have it, I cant play it. I`m on Win7 and did the quick fix for the TLS. Any suggestions on how to fix it or even better a solution would be really appreciated :D7d2dModLauncher.jpg.41ac88bca98b628955290e422071a311.jpg

having an issue with the mod launcher. i have it running and it downloads the mods, however it stores the mods in a temp mod folder and even when i pre-sync it doesnt add a mod folder to the folder. seems the same for every mod i try to install. prob something ive done/doing wrong but not sure what. any advice would be great. Screenshot_9.jpg.fe11614e974a91eee1487708d64104e6.jpg

Edited by Andys71 (see edit history)

having an issue with the mod launcher. i have it running and it downloads the mods, however it stores the mods in a temp mod folder and even when i pre-sync it doesnt add a mod folder to the folder. seems the same for every mod i try to install. prob something ive done/doing wrong but not sure what. any advice would be great.

The Pre-Sync downloads the Mods into TempMods. When you press the Play button, it copies the mod into your folders. This in-between step helps you identify potential problems.

If you haven't tried the Play button, I'd suggest that as your next step.

So yesterday I decided to install the launcher and try the Wotw mod :D I played good 10hrs. Today I wanted to play more, but when I started the launcher, something strange happend. :) There are no mods listed and there is no trace from the mod that I downloaded and played on. Welp at least not in the launcher. The created folder with the save is still there on my pc, so I deff didn't loose anything, but even if I have it, I cant play it. I`m on Win7 and did the quick fix for the TLS. Any suggestions on how to fix it or even better a solution would be really appreciated :D [ATTACH=CONFIG]24172[/ATTACH]

Try clicking on the Disable SSL check box, and restart the mod launcher. That should get the list to show up again.

Hey TARCH26

Are you running Windows 7 by any chance? Github had pushed an update at the end of february that broke some of the features for Windows 7 users. They retired an SSL protocol, and went with a newer one (TLS 1.2). However, for Windows 7 users, this protocol is not enabled by default.

If you do have Windows 7, you can review this post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&p=792405&viewfull=1#post792405 for possible fixes.

Yes, Windows 7. Is this update safe, does not add extra garbage?

Yes, Windows 7. Is this update safe, does not add extra garbage?

It's safe. Microsoft has patched Windows 7 with the new protocol (TLS 1.2), however, they never turned it on. I'm not sure why they didn't, but they did release an "EasyFix" to turn it on after the fact. So all the patches I can do through the Mod Launcher has been done; everything else is from Microsoft.

I don't think anyone wants to see the Mod Launcher "automatically" fix this type of problem, or even having that ability.

Can the launcher be used offline? Or once you have downloaded the mod do you just open the game regularly?

Once you have the mod installed, and played once through the mod launcher, you can navigate to the folder and run the games right from where they have been installed.

Support for full offline features is coming though :)

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data. Re-attempting...

Due to GitHub changing from SSL to TLS, the Mod Launcher had to update in order to authenticate to download! This is available in the new Mod Launcher verison 1.0.4.8 and Higher.

However, for Windows 7, TLS support is *not* enabled by default.

Microsoft has an easy to use program to enable it:

1) Download their tool: https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi

2) Run the Tool and apply the EasyFix

3) Reboot your computer ( Do not skip this step, otherwise it won't work)

This is a one-time program to run, and only if you are running Windows 7.

All current versions of Windows are compatible with TLS by default (8, 10).

If you still get a message about Required .NET Framework upgrade, and it does not install it automatically, download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=49981

I thank you all for your patience over the last 24 hours that this change was pushed out, and please let me know if any mods still does not work for you.

Hi sphereii! I just came back to 7DTD after a small break, and the mod launcher suddenly fails at every download. I tried to update/DL several different mods (your Winter Mod, Tins Dying Lands, and now Starvation). They all just repeatedly throw "Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.". I was hoping your update today would help, but unfortunately it didn't fix this particular error. I'm on Win7 and also applied the EasyFix. I also already tried temporarily disabling my antivirus program completely. This is the log: https://pastebin.com/eP0u1pK0

I know I can just download the full mods directly, but I have really come to rely on the launcher's incremental updates, to make comparing and updating with my own file changes easier.

Hello,

I am receiving the same download problem as owl79. This is my first time trying any mod for 7 days. I have Windows 7 and applied the easy fix and rebooted. Also disabled Avast and problem persists. I also Googled to see where this registry entry is applied which is here "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]

"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00" and its in the registry. Yet, I still get the download error. Any advice?

Hello,

I am receiving the same download problem as owl79. This is my first time trying any mod for 7 days. I have Windows 7 and applied the easy fix and rebooted. Also disabled Avast and problem persists. I also Googled to see where this registry entry is applied which is here "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]

"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00" and its in the registry. Yet, I still get the download error. Any advice?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I completely missed this one.

have you confirmed you have this version of .NET? https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=49981

Oh, I'm so sorry. I completely missed this one.

have you confirmed you have this version of .NET? https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=49981

Thank you for your reply sepherii! Yes I made sure I had .NET version 4.6.1. When I attempt to install it I get a message stating ".NET Framework 4.6.1 has been installed." So I thought maybe my .NET was corrupted since I was still receiving the download error message so I completely uninstalled .NET 4.7.1 (shown in Programs and Features), rebooted, reinstalled 4.7.1 AND 4.6.1, rebooted and still I receive the error message.

What is weird is I can select "direct download" and that works but I guess cloning doesn't. It downloads the complete .zip for the 7D2D Starvation mod (around 700mb) and upon launching the game gets stuck at "loading main menu..." which may be more specific to the mod and thus I will contact that dev if you don't have any advice on that. But I am first trying to solve the download problem.

Here are the logs https://pastebin.com/6ehYFE4J

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply sepherii! Yes I made sure I had .NET version 4.6.1. When I attempt to install it I get a message stating ".NET Framework 4.6.1 has been installed." So I thought maybe my .NET was corrupted since I was still receiving the download error message so I completely uninstalled .NET 4.7.1 (shown in Programs and Features), rebooted, reinstalled 4.7.1 AND 4.6.1, rebooted and still I receive the error message.

What is weird is I can select "direct download" and that works but I guess cloning doesn't. It downloads the complete .zip for the 7D2D Starvation mod (around 700mb) and upon launching the game gets stuck at "loading main menu..." which may be more specific to the mod and thus I will contact that dev if you don't have any advice on that. But I am first trying to solve the download problem.

Here are the logs https://pastebin.com/6ehYFE4J

Thank you!

The Windows 7 and GitHub issue is really strange, and some people are still having issues regardless of our attempts to fix it. I found a new library that might fix it for sure.

The Direct Download uses a different protocol, and thus usually works.

If you are stuck on the loading main menu, then I'd check to make sure you have Enable EAC disabled.

If it's disabled, then would you mind posting the output_log.txt? It's accessible via the View menu, then Log Files, and select output_log.txt from the drop down.

The Windows 7 and GitHub issue is really strange, and some people are still having issues regardless of our attempts to fix it. I found a new library that might fix it for sure.

If you are stuck on the loading main menu, then I'd check to make sure you have Enable EAC disabled.

If it's disabled, then would you mind posting the output_log.txt? It's accessible via the View menu, then Log Files, and select output_log.txt from the drop down.

Yes, EAC is not checked meaning it is disabled. I read over the log and saw something interesting...https://pastebin.com/EmGHJFpj

2018-03-25T15:20:40 5.871 INF Loading main scene

The file 'C:/7D2D/StarvationMod/StarvationMod16/7DaysToDie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

So I deleted the level1 file and reloaded the game. Now, it is still stuck at "loading main menu" but it no longer shows "not responding" it just sits there trying to load the main menu. So that is something different. Here is the new log after removing that level1 file...

https://pastebin.com/xcXddp71

Yes, EAC is not checked meaning it is disabled. I read over the log and saw something interesting...https://pastebin.com/EmGHJFpj

2018-03-25T15:20:40 5.871 INF Loading main scene

The file 'C:/7D2D/StarvationMod/StarvationMod16/7DaysToDie_Data/level1' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

So I deleted the level1 file and reloaded the game. Now, it is still stuck at "loading main menu" but it no longer shows "not responding" it just sits there trying to load the main menu. So that is something different. Here is the new log after removing that level1 file...

The level1 error is just a false positive. All SDX mods have that, and its not a critical issue.

The first log you posted wasn't completed. Is it possible it's taking a lot longer than expected? How long have you waited?

The level1 error is just a false positive. All SDX mods have that, and its not a critical issue.

The first log you posted wasn't completed. Is it possible it's taking a lot longer than expected? How long have you waited?

I've waited up to 15 minutes before and nothing happens but the log I sent I only waited about a minute before I force closed it. And when I load 7D2D without the mod, using steam, the main menu loads within 10 seconds. I am re-downloading the mod using the direct download option and will try it again. This time I'll wait another 15 minutes and then read the log. Maybe it'll provide more information. I've already completely removed the game, re-downloaded from steam, copied the game data over using your launcher and re-downloaded the mod about 3 times now while troubleshooting making sure the original 7D2D game was completely deleted in case something was causing a conflict but I don't think that helped any. I'll get you another log here in a bit. Thanks for your speedy responses.

I've waited up to 15 minutes before and nothing happens but the log I sent I only waited about a minute before I force closed it. And when I load 7D2D without the mod, using steam, the main menu loads within 10 seconds. I am re-downloading the mod using the direct download option and will try it again. This time I'll wait another 15 minutes and then read the log. Maybe it'll provide more information. I've already completely removed the game, re-downloaded from steam, copied the game data over using your launcher and re-downloaded the mod about 3 times now while troubleshooting making sure the original 7D2D game was completely deleted in case something was causing a conflict but I don't think that helped any. I'll get you another log here in a bit. Thanks for your speedy responses.

No worries. Hopefully we can get you up and running.

Starvation does take a lot longer to load than vanilla, but I would think 15 minutes would have been enough. However, if you have a slow hard drive, slow CPU, etc, it'll all factor in loading it up.

Alright. Got a new log with some good info for you I hope. https://pastebin.com/sRjErkqd I waited about 10 minutes which I would think would be plenty of time for everything to load.

Alright. Got a new log with some good info for you I hope. https://pastebin.com/sRjErkqd I waited about 10 minutes which I would think would be plenty of time for everything to load.

It is good information, but the mod hasn't really loaded. Did you by any chance alt-tab?

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

that usually shows that the video driver was unstable.

It is good information, but the mod hasn't really loaded. Did you by any chance alt-tab?

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

that usually shows that the video driver was unstable.

That must of been me alt tabbing out of the game to force close it. I launched the game, walked away for about 10 minutes, came back and saw it was still stuck on loading main menu. So I alt tabbed out and force closed the game. Then fetched the log. Should I have waited longer? Is 10 minutes not sufficient time to load the game when I can load the official game in 10 seconds?