The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

unhandled exception error

I try to boot up darkness falls BBM and i get this...INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Download links: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for Darkness Falls BBM

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Found real download link: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Downloading C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Using 64-bit version of 7z

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Extracting file...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Uncompressing C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1[system.String]

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error downloading file: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\DarknessFallsBBM45-master' is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DoDownload(String strDownload)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Refreshing Mods for Darkness Falls BBM

I try to boot up darkness falls BBM and i get this...INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Download links: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for Downloads.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting existing mods...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for Darkness Falls BBM

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Found real download link: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Downloading C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Using 64-bit version of 7z

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Extracting file...

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Uncompressing C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1[system.String]

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error downloading file: https://github.com/KhaineGB/DarknessFallsBBM45/archive/master.zip

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\belsifer\Desktop\CBMod\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls_BBM\TempMods\DarknessFallsBBM45-master' is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.DoDownload(String strDownload)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Refreshing Mods for Darkness Falls BBM

Belsifer and I have reached out to each other outside of the forums. The leading suspect for the interruption is ZoneAlarm. Belsifer will be doing a few tests by disabling zone alarm, and will be reporting back.

Anyone know how to get the mod launcher to connect online, to check for updates, when launching through the steam shortcut?

1) Download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe: This small program will call Microsoft's OneClick installer of the 7D2D mod Launcher, update itself, if need be, and then launch the application. It can be added to Steam as a Non-Steam game, in order to activate the Steam Overla

https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DModLauncher.exe

Try that

I already have it installed, it's just that if I launch the mod launcher through the desktop, it'll connect online to check for updates, however, if I launch through my steam library, it won't check for updates, and it doesn't show me the mod launcher version like it would if I were to launch it through the desktop. I was just afraid that the steam library version wouldn't be as up-to-date, but I guess that wouldn't make sense since they're both the same launcher...

Anyways, I have another problem... I just noticed that I just lost 10gb of space out of no where, and I think it's because of the launcher. When I pre-synced a mod when launching the mod launcher through my desktop, I think it might have created another folder for some reason. I normally launch it through my steam library. And I didn't add another mod in. Are there two different folders where it stores files or something? The only location I know of is in the very root of my c drive. I don't know where else to try to find the other possible mod launcher folder location.

EDIT: BTW, I uninstalled the mod which was WOTW, and I seemed to have gotten my missing gb of space, then I reinstalled it and pre-synced and I didn't lose any HD space this time, aside from installing the mod. I'm just wondering why launching either through the steam library or desktop would make such a difference.

Edited by sogar (see edit history)

I already have it installed, it's just that if I launch the mod launcher through the desktop, it'll connect online to check for updates, however, if I launch through my steam library, it won't check for updates, and it doesn't show me the mod launcher version like it would if I were to launch it through the desktop. I was just afraid that the steam library version wouldn't be as up-to-date, but I guess that wouldn't make sense since they're both the same launcher...

Anyways, I have another problem... I just noticed that I just lost 10gb of space out of no where, and I think it's because of the launcher. When I pre-synced a mod when launching the mod launcher through my desktop, I think it might have created another folder for some reason. I normally launch it through my steam library. And I didn't add another mod in. Are there two different folders where it stores files or something? The only location I know of is in the very root of my c drive. I don't know where else to try to find the other possible mod launcher folder location.

It can be a bit confusing. There's a 7d2dlauncher and 7d2dmodlauncher.exe. They both do the same thing, but the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe is a bit more clever and is able to download and update itself through steam.

The mod launcher only downloads files in its set destination path. I use this tool to keep an eye on my disks: https://windirstat.net/ It has a nice graphical view too, and shows you were some of your large files are.

So, the one I use from steam isn't the .exe version? How do I add the .exe version to my steam library? The one from my steam library is the one I chose from the desktop... so I am a bit perplexed.

7D2DLauncher.exe is the OneClick application itself. It has certain limitations on what it can do, because its a OneClick application. One of these limitations is that steam prevents it from reaching out to the update server. The reason it fails is that it's more of a dynamic link. It changes every time the mod launcher updates. No idea really why, but it's a Microsoft hook.

The 7D2DModLauncher.exe is a very small program that acts as a wrapper to that OneClick application, and it *does* let it through steam to update, and it's persistent, meaning it won't change.

Download the 7D2DModLauncher.exe, and place it somewhere safe, that wont be deleted. Then in Steam, click on Add Non-Steam game, and select it. You should only have to do it once.

Good day Sphereii

Hope you are doing well :smile-new:

You know that I'm a "Old Gamer of 72" and I Have very few issues with any Game that I run or have installed and as you know only a couple small issue once in awhile with the Launcher. Thank Goodness

IT Scares the hell out of me with some of the people that have No Clue .. They refuse to watch any how-to videos or read and see if they can an answer before complaining ... IT Doesn't Work ...

I just read a post on another site of 7d2d game .. someone trying to install nexus mods with your Launcher and as Far as I know that IS A No-No ... I am correct on that .. left him a message telling him that he just messed up the works. ( He was trying to add the same mod that is already in the launcher ).

Anyway .. I just wanted to Rank for a minute and I thought you might get a kick out of it .. Sorry if I bothered you for no reason

Have a great rest of the week and enjoy your weekend .... the Old Gamer :02.47-tranquillity:

Good day Sphereii

Hope you are doing well :smile-new:

You know that I'm a "Old Gamer of 72" and I Have very few issues with any Game that I run or have installed and as you know only a couple small issue once in awhile with the Launcher. Thank Goodness

IT Scares the hell out of me with some of the people that have No Clue .. They refuse to watch any how-to videos or read and see if they can an answer before complaining ... IT Doesn't Work ...

I just read a post on another site of 7d2d game .. someone trying to install nexus mods with your Launcher and as Far as I know that IS A No-No ... I am correct on that .. left him a message telling him that he just messed up the works. ( He was trying to add the same mod that is already in the launcher ).

Anyway .. I just wanted to Rank for a minute and I thought you might get a kick out of it .. Sorry if I bothered you for no reason

Have a great rest of the week and enjoy your weekend .... the Old Gamer :02.47-tranquillity:

I am doing well, and it's never a bother reaching out to me

Yes, you are correct. Nexus offers users to download and manually install mods, and as far as I know, don't offer a way to download automatically, and certainly not in a format that the mod launcher likes. Maybe at some point I'll look to see if I can integrate with nexus, but I'm not sure how large of a community it is, or the need of it actually is. I think the mod launcher has nearly all mods that are current in it.

Not sure how this is supposed to work (youtube video is lagging).

When I clicked on "7D2D Launcher" it would show me lots of mods, but they all had red X. I clicked on Load default per instructions, but it did not seem to do anything.

I downloaded 7D2DLauncher.application and had the same issue.

Launched the game, no mods applied.

Now when I launch either of those apps it tells me 'starting splash screen' only. No other mods listed.

Game still has no mods?

I tried to verify the integrity of 7 days to die. No changes.

On a side note... I do not know who this Rizzano guy is, but someone should tell him its completely not cool to use 'browse for folder' (and has not been cool for well over a decade). That competently and utterly stops people from being able to copy/paste paths.

Not sure how this is supposed to work (youtube video is lagging).

When I clicked on "7D2D Launcher" it would show me lots of mods, but they all had red X. I clicked on Load default per instructions, but it did not seem to do anything.

I downloaded 7D2DLauncher.application and had the same issue.

Launched the game, no mods applied.

Now when I launch either of those apps it tells me 'starting splash screen' only. No other mods listed.

Game still has no mods?

I tried to verify the integrity of 7 days to die. No changes.

On a side note... I do not know who this Rizzano guy is, but someone should tell him its completely not cool to use 'browse for folder' (and has not been cool for well over a decade). That competently and utterly stops people from being able to copy/paste paths.

The Mod Launcher makes a copy of your game, and adds the mods into that new copy. A Red X indicates that the modded folder does not exist for that particular mod. Selecting your mod, choosing your Steam folder, and doing a Copy Game will make the red X turn into a green checkmark. Then press Pre-Sync to make sure you can download the mod, and then play to play.

If you've done the above steps, and no mod was installed, then something prevented the download. This could be anything from your ISP filtering GitHUb traffic (this is where most of the mods are hosted), or a firewall / anti-virus issue. After attempting to install a mod, and pressing the Play button, please click on the View Menu, then go to Log files. Click on the Upload Log File button, and send me the Pastebin.com link, and I'll take a look.

If the Mod Listing isn't showing, than that indicates that the Mod Launcher was not able to reach the github hosting site to get the listing. You can try to click on Disable SSL, then restart the Mod Launcher and see if the list returns. Some ISPs filter SSL connections to GitHub for some reason.

Rizzano supplied the original icon for the Mod Launcher at my request; I'm the sole developer of this tool. Thank you for your feed back for the Browse for Folders implementation.

My folder is: C:\7D2D

Which I created, but it is still empty.

When I right click on ravenheart it only gives me options for 'Add my mods' and 'delete this mods'.

I use GitHUb, never had any issues with firewalls with them. Are there any manual steps to install the mod?

As for folder selection... Personally I hate folderBrowserDialog, it reminds me of 1990. One trick is to use WindowsAPICodePack (I downloaded both WindowsAPICodePack-Core and WindowsAPICodePack-Shell with NuGet)

Then you can just do this:

using Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Dialogs;

CommonOpenFileDialog dialog = new CommonOpenFileDialog();
dialog.InitialDirectory = "C:\\Users";
dialog.IsFolderPicker = true;
if (dialog.ShowDialog() == CommonFileDialogResult.Ok)
{
   MessageBox.Show("You selected: " + dialog.FileName);
}

My folder is: C:\7D2D

Which I created, but it is still empty.

When I right click on ravenheart it only gives me options for 'Add my mods' and 'delete this mods'.

I use GitHUb, never had any issues with firewalls with them. Are there any manual steps to install the mod?

As for folder selection... Personally I hate folderBrowserDialog, it reminds me of 1990. One trick is to use WindowsAPICodePack (I downloaded both WindowsAPICodePack-Core and WindowsAPICodePack-Shell with NuGet)

Then you can just do this:

using Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Dialogs;

CommonOpenFileDialog dialog = new CommonOpenFileDialog();
dialog.InitialDirectory = "C:\\Users";
dialog.IsFolderPicker = true;
if (dialog.ShowDialog() == CommonFileDialogResult.Ok)
{
   MessageBox.Show("You selected: " + dialog.FileName);
}

Click and expand Ravenhearst, then select which of the actual mods you want. Then you'll be given the install choice from either your local steam folder, or a sync from steam option. Once installed, then you can Pre-Sync the mod, and let it download. Once downloaded, you can press the Play button to start playing.

Good day Sphereii

Have question for you ... I've been playing " Darkness Falls BBM " and I use the (Pre-Sync Mod) when getting ready to play then go to (Play Mod) ... And I was wondering if I need to .. Because pre-sync takes about every time 2:43 minutes and then play mod also takes about the same amount of time before getting into the 7d2d game launcher itself .. so you are looking at about 5 minutes just getting in.

Question is that normally for this mod every time .. or is the link out of sync with GitHub ??

I will say thank you now .. incase I miss you later .. Have a great day ...... the Old Gamer ... :02.47-tranquillity:

Good day Sphereii

Have question for you ... I've been playing " Darkness Falls BBM " and I use the (Pre-Sync Mod) when getting ready to play then go to (Play Mod) ... And I was wondering if I need to .. Because pre-sync takes about every time 2:43 minutes and then play mod also takes about the same amount of time before getting into the 7d2d game launcher itself .. so you are looking at about 5 minutes just getting in.

Question is that normally for this mod every time .. or is the link out of sync with GitHub ??

I will say thank you now .. incase I miss you later .. Have a great day ...... the Old Gamer ... :02.47-tranquillity:

The flag for the faster download option wasn't explicitly set. I've updated it. Next time you sync, it may take you the same amount of time, but subsequent loads should be fine.

Pre-Sync is only really needed when you are doing the initial download, and is recommended for larger mods. This allows you to check to make sure the download actually worked, before launching the game. Without the pre-sync, if you simply hit Play, but for some reason the mod didn't download, you'd load up automatically in vanilla.

help installing the mod for darkness fall

Can someone help me install this mod. I am getting errors and the mod is not working for me. I get stuck in the Loading blocks.

Ive already verify integrity and even uninstall the game completely. Then reinstalled it again.

Went to my library, properties of 7 days to die, browse local files, and then added and replace Data folder from darkness fall, and also drag and drop the Mods.

Never had issues with installing valmod.

Also I went tried using the Mod launcher and i get the same issue.

Can someone help me install this mod. I am getting errors and the mod is not working for me. I get stuck in the Loading blocks.

Ive already verify integrity and even uninstall the game completely. Then reinstalled it again.

Went to my library, properties of 7 days to die, browse local files, and then added and replace Data folder from darkness fall, and also drag and drop the Mods.

Never had issues with installing valmod.

Also I went tried using the Mod launcher and i get the same issue.

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind posting your log files from the Mod Launcher?

1) In the Mod Launcher, try to play the game again.

2) When it fails, go back to the Mod Launcher, and click on the View menu, then Log Files

3) Click on Upload Log File, and give me the pastebin.com link it gives you.