The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

It appears that the problem was inexperiance with Beyond 4 compare on my end.I was choosing Move to Folder instead of copy to folder.So the first changes worked but after i compared, uploaded and tested when I went back to my working folder and made any new edits when I compared, uploaded and tested I was missing files from the first set. Starting fresh to Check (not a big deal at this point just getting my base starting point started to use for a backup) will post back the results.

Excellent. I looked at some tools too, and it was surprisingly difficult to find a tool that would diff against two folders and make a copy of the difference.

Ok Still the Same Problem, Started with a clean copy of everything, installed SMX UI tested locally everything works. Compared and copied files to new folder and uploaded changed files to my github. Ran Launcher in advanced with new copy and back to the same error. noticed the output window in launcher showed-

The following downloads will occur to install the mods for this server:

-

Downloading

Downloading is Done

Total Download Time: 00:00:01.45

Downloading

Downloading is Done

Total Download Time: 00:00:01.43

Copying \TempMods\MCS_Rebirth to \7DaysToDie.exe

Copying is Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe

Copying \TempMods\MCS_Rebirth to \7DaysToDie.exe <----- Not sure where this comes from but not in my github and nothing else is downloading

I am PMing you a link to my Github and the link to the download

Sorry for the problems have only done simple xml edits, simple sdx mods, added custon models and textures but am a first time user of the Mod Launcher,Beyond 4 Compare, and Github plus have only done my mods locally.

Edited by MadMan2415
edited to remove github data (see edit history)

Thanks. YOu posted your github in the message though :) If you'd like that to be more private, feel free to edit.

What is your destination folder set too? If you click on Splash Screen, you should see something like C:\7D2D. it almost seems like that is set to C:\7daystodie.exe for some reason.

it is set to C:\7D2D double checked and set it again just to be sure

Thanks. Would you mind clicking on the View Menu, then going to Log Files. Click on Upload Log files, and PM me the pastebin.com link it gives you. It's still a few more hours before I have access to Github.

<---log file from Launcher

sorry kind long file don't know how to clear it

For a download link, try this:

Go to Github, click on Download. This will open up a small drop down that says "Clone" and "Download As Zip". Right click on Download As Zip, and Copy URL. That should give you a path like <your github>/master.zip

Try to use that as your download link.

noticed this in the log not sure if it is relevent or not

INFO 3 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/MadMan2415/MCS_Rebirth.git

INFO 3 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download: https://github.com/MadMan2415/MCS_Rebirth.git

INFO 3 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - https://github.com/MadMan2415/MCS_Rebirth.git not direct link.

INFO 3 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Allowing Redirect...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for MCS_Rebirth with SMX

INFO 3 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Found real download link: https://github.com/MadMan2415/MCS_Rebirth

Woo Hoo and we have sucess lol thank you

quick question the link shouldn't change now so it should remain valid correct?

now if I could only get rid of the DirectoryNotFoundException:Could not find Part of the path ...\data\uma textures\TraderCaitlin_0_d.png Error I would be happy today lol

Edited by MadMan2415 (see edit history)

Woo Hoo and we have sucess lol thank you

quick question the link shouldn't change now so it should remain valid correct?

Right, the link will be valid. It will re-package the zip file each time a request is made against the repos, so it'll always be up to date.

If you have a larger mod, you can add <DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>, and it will trigger mod launcher to use Git's clone feature.

where would I add that?

If you are using My Mods, that option isn't available. But if you wrote a launcher config XML, you'd add it in there.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Servers>
  <ServerGroup Name="## TOP LEVEL NAME##" Logo="" Description="">
     <Server Name="## MOD NAME##" Logo="">
        <Description>Describe the mod here!
 </Description>
        <DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>
 <Version>Latest</Version>
        <ReleaseNotes>## FORUM LINK ##</ReleaseNotes>
        <Downloads>
           <Download>## FILE LINK##</Download>
        </Downloads>
     </Server>
  </ServerGroup>
</Servers>

ah ok so that is something I would do after releasing my mod to the public and not in the testing phase

Correct. But you can write a Config, and host it online somewhere, like in your GitHub. From there, view the FIle, and click on Raw to see the full text file in your browser. Then copy and paste that URL into the Launcher's "Open URL", and it'll load up for you, and your testers.

In the future, when you are ready, you can just give me a link to your Config file, and I'll be able to add it in to the default.

The starvation mod doesnt seem to launch the 7d2d client...it attempts to, but does not get to the funpimps flashscreen. Am i the only one having this problem?

Do you have EAC disabled in the Mod Launcher? Which version of Windows are you running?

I have EAC enabled, and running windows 10. Havent had issues with other mods, but just thought I'd try this out today, and am met with a black screen, which I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of.

And i just successfully launched the WotW 5.2 mod with same settings.

Edited by Cik (see edit history)

I have EAC enabled, and running windows 10. Havent had issues with other mods, but just thought I'd try this out today, and am met with a black screen, which I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of.

And i just successfully launched the WotW 5.2 mod with same settings.

You will need EAC disabled for Starvation, and any other mod that is labeled as a BBM (Bigger Backpack Mod ).

Out-of-date Compo Pack with Valmod + Compo Pack

Greetings!

Today I went in and noticed that the launcher, for Valmod Overhaul Compo pack is still downloading CompoPack 25, from this link here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0

I looked around and found a mention for Craftworx back at the beginning of December for the same thing, and it looks like the Launcher is still downloading Compo 25 for that one as well. From the Compo thread, the correct link should be this one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hlsy8zor7lxydo0/COMPOPACK_29%28for_alpha16.3%29.zip?dl=0

Is there any way to get this updated? It's not actually causing me any problems that I can tell, but I'm hesitant to continue using it with a pack that's four generations out of date.

Thanks for the great launcher; makes using alternate setups so much easier!

Greetings!

Today I went in and noticed that the launcher, for Valmod Overhaul Compo pack is still downloading CompoPack 25, from this link here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0

I looked around and found a mention for Craftworx back at the beginning of December for the same thing, and it looks like the Launcher is still downloading Compo 25 for that one as well. From the Compo thread, the correct link should be this one:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hlsy8zor7lxydo0/COMPOPACK_29%28for_alpha16.3%29.zip?dl=0

Is there any way to get this updated? It's not actually causing me any problems that I can tell, but I'm hesitant to continue using it with a pack that's four generations out of date.

Thanks for the great launcher; makes using alternate setups so much easier!

Thank you for letting me know. I fixed the link. Restart the mod launcher, and you should be able to see it :)