The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Sphereii .... Thank you

BUT .. I started a New Game " Dying Lands " with SMX Big Back Pack and it's Not working ... it's still all his standard set up _ Vanilla

Any clues why it is not working .. Maybe Just SMX.

But I did start in a much better place this time .. not the burnt biome like last game .. I'll check back later and Thank you

PS: Almost forgot .. I did notice in the upload info .. it said 16.3b in the Big back pack .. would that have caused the issue.??

This is a bit strange. I just re-tested, and I got 16.4 in the corner, and the bigger back pack, including all my plant fibers.

When you get a chance, could you go into the Mod Launcher, and select the Dying Land's Bigger Back Pack, then do this:

1) Click on the View Menu

2) Click on Log Files

3) Click on Upload Log File for the 7d2dlauncher.txt, and send me the pastebin.com link it gives you

4) Click on the drop down and pick the output_log.txt, and send me the pastebin.com link

This is a bit strange. I just re-tested, and I got 16.4 in the corner, and the bigger back pack, including all my plant fibers.

When you get a chance, could you go into the Mod Launcher, and select the Dying Land's Bigger Back Pack, then do this:

1) Click on the View Menu

2) Click on Log Files

3) Click on Upload Log File for the 7d2dlauncher.txt, and send me the pastebin.com link it gives you

4) Click on the drop down and pick the output_log.txt, and send me the pastebin.com link

Two things went wrong when I went to Pastebin .. 1 asked me for a new account and won't give me one and there was no send button pop-up .. maybe I'm just being Stupid tonight ..

I got 7d2dlauncher.txt in it .. but could send it ........ also where is the drop down for output_log.txt ...... I click on all the button on the launcher and it didn't show ... I know what a output log is but couldn't find it for the launcher or game.

I'm going to try something on my end and delete all files to both saved "dying Lands" games and start A fresh New Game .. thinking there might be a glitch.

Because 4) just could find it .... Chat with you later and I will wait til morning before being a pest :smile-new:

Two things went wrong when I went to Pastebin .. 1 asked me for a new account and won't give me one and there was no send button pop-up .. maybe I'm just being Stupid tonight ..

I got 7d2dlauncher.txt in it .. but could send it ........ also where is the drop down for output_log.txt ...... I click on all the button on the launcher and it didn't show ... I know what a output log is but couldn't find it for the launcher or game.

I'm going to try something on my end and delete all files to both saved "dying Lands" games and start A fresh New Game .. thinking there might be a glitch.

Because 4) just could find it .... Chat with you later and I will wait til morning before being a pest :smile-new:

Here's an image gallery of the steps for the log: https://imgur.com/a/QXEg5

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23880[/ATTACH]

Here's an image gallery of the steps for the log: https://imgur.com/a/QXEg5

Well Sphereii .. I hope you get both .. they where sent I think ..

I loaded up the new game and still a 32 slot bag and the vanilla heath bar .. no ref to SMX anywhere to be found ... Now the Game version is 16.4 ... but the smx version for big back pack is (16.3b12r2)

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23881[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23880[/ATTACH]

Well Sphereii .. I hope you get both .. they where sent I think ..

I loaded up the new game and still a 32 slot bag and the vanilla heath bar .. no ref to SMX anywhere to be found ... Now the Game version is 16.4 ... but the smx version for big back pack is (16.3b12r2)

Oh, would you be able to copy and paste the pastebin.com URL it gave you? They don't get automatically submitted to me yet

Okay, thank you for your patience. Can you restart the mod launcher and try again?

Hello again Sphereii

Your wife is going to get jealous .. we keep meeting like this .. lol.

Anyway .. what do you mean by restart .. I'm not following for sure ....... restart game or reload launcher .. sorry

PS: I see a lot of new stuff added to his game folder that wasn't there before .. so I guessing you wanted me to start game again and see what happens. Sounds good to me .. and this time I will get back to you later or tomorrow. have Fun and Enjoy

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Hello again Sphereii

Your wife is going to get jealous .. we keep meeting like this .. lol.

Anyway .. what do you mean by restart .. I'm not following for sure ....... restart game or reload launcher .. sorry

I've already sent her to bed :)

Exit the Mod Launcher, and restart it. Then reload your existing game.

:02.47-tranquillity:

I've already sent her to bed :)

Exit the Mod Launcher, and restart it. Then reload your existing game.

:02.47-tranquillity::smile-new::tickled_pink: ........ Okey DoKey ... You are the Master .. Obe One .. IT is working as it should and ALL is Good .. Thank You so very Much and now you can go snuggle

Me Happy and I just might stay up late and play alittle tonight til am. Thank you again

:02.47-tranquillity:

:02.47-tranquillity::smile-new::tickled_pink: ........ Okey DoKey ... You are the Master .. Obe One .. IT is working as it should and ALL is Good .. Thank You so very Much and now you can go snuggle

Me Happy and I just might stay up late and play alittle tonight til am. Thank you again

So glad that helped you out! Good luck and enjoy the mod. Try not to die too much... :)

Hi Sphereii

Just want to thank you again .. this old man was having Brain farts yesterday .. because I did all of once before _ but it had been awhile and I forgot how to do it.

Played til 2am and everything seems to working just Great ... Have a great week .. have fun and enjoy OR do the best you can.

Hi Sphereii

Just want to thank you again .. this old man was having Brain farts yesterday .. because I did all of once before _ but it had been awhile and I forgot how to do it.

Played til 2am and everything seems to working just Great ... Have a great week .. have fun and enjoy OR do the best you can.

The best we can, is the least we can do :)

I'm glad the struggle is over for now, and you get a chance to play :)

Just came back to the game and having issues installing WotW 5.2 mod. I reinstalled 7D2D and then ran the launcher, clicked the WotW Bigger Back Pack 5.2 mod and have Force Mod Download checked. Clicked Play Mod and it seemed to install something but it was a very quick dl. Game opened and it was vanilla. I closed everything down and tried running the launcher again with the same mod, still vanilla. Tried the regular 5.2 install without the BBM and still vanilla. Even tried checking Run Game As Admin, still vanilla. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, it's always worked before.

I did check, install path is correct for my system.

Just came back to the game and having issues installing WotW 5.2 mod. I reinstalled 7D2D and then ran the launcher, clicked the WotW Bigger Back Pack 5.2 mod and have Force Mod Download checked. Clicked Play Mod and it seemed to install something but it was a very quick dl. Game opened and it was vanilla. I closed everything down and tried running the launcher again with the same mod, still vanilla. Tried the regular 5.2 install without the BBM and still vanilla. Even tried checking Run Game As Admin, still vanilla. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, it's always worked before.

I did check, install path is correct for my system.

Sorry for the trouble. Let's see if we can get you sorted.

Can you get the log files and give me the pastebin.com link? I'll be most interested in the 7d2dlauncher.txt.

Here's an image album showing you the steps: https://imgur.com/a/QXEg5

Hello!! I was wondering - I have some mods in their own folders but they're kind of spread out on my drives. Should I just go ahead and install or should I start wiping?

Do you mean that you have manually installed mods, and would like to view them all under the mod launcher? You could copy the folders over, but you'd have to match the exact directory structure that the mod launcher would like. This can be a bit tricky, and may just be easier to install everything through the mod launcher.

7d2d Mod Launcher review

Complete waste of time and energy! I spent 4 hours and only got an hour worth of working gaming out of it! I am on windows 10, 2.8ghz quad core cpu with 8 gigs ram. NO REASON THIS "Launcher" should have this many issues. From the start before even choosing mod's it crapped out 16 times no lie! then when i finally got it to load mod's to choose from took me another 60 tries to get it to load into a game with mod without spitting out errors i didn't have going on. After all that i switch mods and within 15 minutes game and launcher crashed. Then launcher refuses to load mod correctly at all. Waste of time. Why put out a defective product that doesn't work like it's created to? I rather just download and manually install and uninstall the mods my damn self. Launcher suppose to make it easier and faster yet does complete opposite! remove your product and go back to the drawing board and fix the program because it's broken af. Or put a disclaimer it's not for certain OS.

Complete waste of time and energy! I spent 4 hours and only got an hour worth of working gaming out of it! I am on windows 10, 2.8ghz quad core cpu with 8 gigs ram. NO REASON THIS "Launcher" should have this many issues. From the start before even choosing mod's it crapped out 16 times no lie! then when i finally got it to load mod's to choose from took me another 60 tries to get it to load into a game with mod without spitting out errors i didn't have going on. After all that i switch mods and within 15 minutes game and launcher crashed. Then launcher refuses to load mod correctly at all. Waste of time. Why put out a defective product that doesn't work like it's created to? I rather just download and manually install and uninstall the mods my damn self. Launcher suppose to make it easier and faster yet does complete opposite! remove your product and go back to the drawing board and fix the program because it's broken af. Or put a disclaimer it's not for certain OS.

I am sorry that you are having issues with the Mod Launcher. If you decide that you want to try to install it again, I would be more than happy to help guide you through it.

I understand it can be very frustrating when things don't work as we expect them to, but I am here to help you. The Mod Launcher has over 40,000 users who can successfully install and play mods through it, so I'm not sure if a complete scrap and removable of the project is the best way forward.

Feel free to reach out to my via steam or discord, using this same username, if you want some one-on-one help.

I know you are pissed but these kinds of posts really seem unfair. Sphereii is one of the devs who stands behind what he has made and genuinely goes all out to help fix the problem for the poster who is willing to give him the time and info to do so. He truly wants his program to work for everyone and will go the extra mile to help individuals get to the bottom of their problem if he can. Maybe just give him a chance to do the same for you before going off on a rant.

im having a problem with my mod launcher not populating the mods list

here is the log file

https://pastebin.com/HBg4dvZt

- - - Updated - - -

here is the log file

nevermind it seemed to correct itself after about 1/2 dozen restarts will let you know if it happens again

here is the log file

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind it seemed to correct itself after about 1/2 dozen restarts will let you know if it happens again

Hmm, that's strange. Usually that's a connection issue between you and the host. Sometimes clicking on Disable SSL helps in that regard.

I'm GOING to Call this User Error or someone that is doing it incorrectly .. I installed the Launcher in a matter of maybe 15 minutes ( DID you watch Any video's on How to install the Launcher at all ?? ).

AND This isn't a review ... it's a kid Ranting. (Just my Thoughts) and maybe you should get a computer that can handle gaming. 16 Ram minimum, because you don't have the Ram needed for a MODDED Game.

Sphereii is one of the most helpful developers and will be more than glad to help you out if you need help.

He has helped me many of times with small issues and I recommend the 7D2D Launcher to anyone that wants to play more than a Vanilla Game.

And let me thank you again for all the help you have given me in the pass from the old gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity: