Horde Mode

Kuzya1998

There was talk about it possibly coming back, but that was around Alpha 16 or so.  With the forum migration, it is hard to refresh my memory sometimes.

There is a mod that brings it back, gnamod horde mod.  It brings back the arcade version of 7D2D.   It's been updated for Alpha 19

I have never played it so I can't give any good feedback on it myself.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

There was talk about it possibly coming back, but that was around Alpha 16 or so.  With the forum migration, it is hard to refresh my memory sometimes.

There is a mod that brings it back, gnamod horde mod.  It brings back the arcade version of 7D2D.   It's been updated for Alpha 19

I have never played it so I can't give any good feedback on it myself.

If it could be played in Vanila it would be a great mod, but unfortunately it is very different from Vanila and, imho, not for the better. But somebody like it, I guess

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

There’s gnamod “the overhaul mod” and then “horde mode” mod on top of that. So you can play the mod without horde mode, which is recommended by me because the mod changes a lot of how things work. And you will have a really hard time in horde mode if you don’t know how the mod changes building and the workstations (goodbye wood frames!) Horde mode mod is not easy, and I really liked a lot about the gnamod “base mod”.

The horde mode does have its own map(s), as it’s a “protect the beacon” and you won’t have any real time to leave the beacon and explore the map as waves of zeds attack your base (you build around the beacon, which is also multiple trading areas).

there is another mod called “Telrics thumpers” which adds a “thumper” that falls and crashes and zeds spawn from it for awhile. You can wrench the thumper for thumper parts, and get enough let’s and you can build a thumper “beacon” for a mini horde game. I’ve played the thumper mod but never built the thumper beacon so I can’t comment on that part.  You could spawn a beacon in and try it out I guess.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)