Question/Request regarding prefab in upcoming A20

Kam R.

So I guess this is directed at the dev team, specifically the recently hired prefabbers which hopefully still have the time to peek in this corner of the forum:]

My question is this:

How did all the old vanilla prefabs get ported over to the completely overhauled block system? Did you have a tool that "translated"  old block IDs to new ones? I can't imagine you rebuilt everything from scratch... 

And if such a tool exists, is there any chance us prefabbers can get our hands on it? 

There are a ton of custom prefabs out there that shouldn't get lost or mangled up like that time when A16 went to A17.

I have a bunch of back logged projects that I really would like to bring over to A20 and refine there, but the prospect of having to completely rebuild them again is somewhat discouraging..

In any case I'm hyped for the new systems and blocks in A20. That one will truly be the one where custom POIs shall flourish :] 

The block converter tool will be nice to quickly bring the old POIs up to A20 standards, but I bet a lot of creators will be itching to revisit their POIs (if they haven't moved on from the game that is) to see if some of the new shapes that are being released would be a better fit / spruce up the place  😉

16 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

The block converter tool will be nice to quickly bring the old POIs up to A20 standards, but I bet a lot of creators will be itching to revisit their POIs (if they haven't moved on from the game that is) to see if some of the new shapes that are being released would be a better fit / spruce up the place  😉

Oh, revisiting for sure! In some cases I'd just hate it to have to start from scratch :D In other cases it will be absolutely necessary.