Received invalid country code.

Sarakatunga

HELLO, I have this message that the console is telling me. even creating a new world. what does it mean.  ERR Received invalid country code: Connection failed: Too many connections.

It usually happens in the dedicated one as well and sometimes the server hangs but you can execute commands. When someone wants to enter, they are left with "starting the game ." But that I think is for another post I doubt it is because of this error.

https://pastebin.com/WLi6npQP

Edited by Sarakatunga (see edit history)

Check this thread out. Apparently it’s a harmless message that shouldn’t affect server function. An aside, I see that you’re running a bunch of mods. Further down your log it mentions wrong hash tags in a bunch of .xml’s. I don’t know if that could be caused by the mods or from someone editing those files. If people are having trouble joining, the first thing I’d do is remove all mods, verify files then see if people can join. If they can, add back one mod at a time to see which mod is causing problems. Just my 2 cents.

57 minutes ago, Star69 said:

An aside, I see that you’re running a bunch of mods. Further down your log it mentions wrong hash tags in a bunch of .xml’s. I don’t know if that could be caused by the mods or from someone editing those files. If people are having trouble joining, the first thing I’d do is remove all mods, verify files then see if people can join. If they can, add back one mod at a time to see which mod is causing problems. Just my 2 cents.

Those invalid hash messages are normal. It's the game client recognizing that the files have been altered from the original so it can identify the game as being modded. I did not see anything critical in the log that would cause an issue.

One of the most common issues for a connection problem like the OP is having, is not having opened the full range of ports for the server.

The default range is TCP 26900 and UDP 26900-26903. 
However, taking another glance, this may not be the dedicated server build and is just the local client. In which case UPnP should open the ports in the modem/router if the device allows it.

Also note that if this is a local client build, and not a dedi, that the CPU is particularly weak for hosting a MP game. It could also just be that the host isn't capable of getting the data to the client connecting in a timely fashion.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Those invalid hash messages are normal. It's the game client recognizing that the files have been altered from the original so it can identify the game as being modded. I did not see anything critical in the log that would cause an issue.

One of the most common issues for a connection problem like the OP is having, is not having opened the full range of ports for the server.

The default range is TCP 26900 and UDP 26900-26903. 
However, taking another glance, this may not be the dedicated server build and is just the local client. In which case UPnP should open the ports in the modem/router if the device allows it.

Also note that if this is a local client build, and not a dedi, that the CPU is particularly weak for hosting a MP game. It could also just be that the host isn't capable of getting the data to the client connecting in a timely fashion.

It is strange, I always use it with udp ports never use both and years I have the dedicated server. Now I opened both as you said and the dedicated one did not give that error anymore. But on my pc the error continues when I create a 1 player game. I do this to create mods or download and test it well on my pc and then pass it to the dedicated one and not break it. I removed all the mods from my pc where I play as said mr. star69 and it does not give the error but if I put any mod that I use in the dedicated one on my pc the error continues. The strange thing that does not always happen and the dedicated server there are people playing for now and they have no problem. Ah I tried opening the ports of my pc in which I use to test and it still continues. But well I'll keep testing I need more info for now I'm disoriented on this issue, the important thing is the dedicated server works correctly for now.

PD: this started to happen 3 days ago and I haven't touched anything on my pc for a long time or on the dedicated one. Only some server tools options that I am testing right now because it is not 100% functional, some options that it has can crash the server. It has already happened to me.

Thank you very much for the response, if I find something about this error, I will report it.

Edited by Sarakatunga (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Sarakatunga said:

PD: this started to happen 3 days ago and I haven't touched anything on my pc for a long time or on the dedicated one. Only some server tools options that I am testing right now because it is not 100% functional, some options that it has can crash the server. It has already happened to me.

Thank you very much for the response, if I find something about this error, I will report it.

FYI, this would have been important information to share at the very beginning.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI, this would have been important information to share at the very beginning.

On the "servertools" what made me freeze the server were the options. "Gimme", "Protected_Spaces", "StartingItems" in the version. 19.5.2, I already reported it to the creator and he told me to update to the latest version since it has updated harmony. But I have not tried it since in that version the PVE mode does not work well (my server is mixed). I am using 19.5.2 with those options disabled. Another problem that I corrected on my dedicated server is that when creating my map with KingGen I purposely deleted the "water_info" file. since it consumed more ram both to the server and client and the game was very stuck. But when a player went to the edge of the map the server would freeze! giving error out of range something like this. I discovered this yesterday but it was my mistake. At 7 days to die he did not like to see that file deleted and he wanted to generate trees outside the map with which it froze. The solution was to delete the file "decoration.7dt" and the corrupted regions.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:38 PM, Sarakatunga said:

On the "servertools" what made me freeze the server were the options. "Gimme", "Protected_Spaces", "StartingItems" in the version. 19.5.2, I already reported it to the creator and he told me to update to the latest version since it has updated harmony. But I have not tried it since in that version the PVE mode does not work well (my server is mixed). I am using 19.5.2 with those options disabled. Another problem that I corrected on my dedicated server is that when creating my map with KingGen I purposely deleted the "water_info" file. since it consumed more ram both to the server and client and the game was very stuck. But when a player went to the edge of the map the server would freeze! giving error out of range something like this. I discovered this yesterday but it was my mistake. At 7 days to die he did not like to see that file deleted and he wanted to generate trees outside the map with which it froze. The solution was to delete the file "decoration.7dt" and the corrupted regions.

You should update to the latest :)   PvPvE works very well now. There is another release upcoming to 19.6.4 with some big improvements to protected spaces and various other tools. 19.5.2 is quite old now. That came out July/20

The crash was likely with Starting Items. If enough players join at the same time it caused an issue for the game trying to spawn it all so fast. There is now a new player spawn que and items spawn with small breaks between each one to avoid that issue. There are no more reports of it crashing since adding that in.

Protected spaces were a mess. I would wait until 19.6.4 is out later today before grabbing the update if interested

Edited by Obsessive Compulsive (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Obsessive Compulsive said:

You should update to the latest :)   PvPvE works very well now. There is another release upcoming to 19.6.4 with some big improvements to protected spaces and various other tools. 19.5.2 is quite old now. That came out July/20

The crash was likely with Starting Items. If enough players join at the same time it caused an issue for the game trying to spawn it all so fast. There is now a new player spawn que and items spawn with small breaks between each one to avoid that issue. There are no more reports of it crashing since adding that in.

Protected spaces were a mess. I would wait until 19.6.4 is out later today before grabbing the update if interested

If in the last version I had tried the operation of the pve with a friend, I already reported the error that it has, for that reason I continue using the old version. This is what is happening. svtools: 19.6.3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTOcUgiY2c