All Trees Gone

I'm running A19 and I've been messing around with mods and now all my trees are gone. 

I've tried removing all the mods and restarting the server but didn't work.

I've also tried deleting the Dedicated Server folder and redownloading it and that didn't work either.

I'm running the RAT Server Manager, which has worked for me in the past. And it DOES still work, but every time I load my game, no trees!

Any ideas out there?

Have seen this happen with Nitrogen maps. Especially on 16k, or when using something like the compo-pack on the server, but the client doesn't have it.

Could be a really bad case of the occlusion bug, and the trees exist, but you cannot actually see them. (If you look careful, their shadows are there.)

More information is needed though. Logs would be useful. Especially the one where you generated the map.

Thanks for responding.

I logged in and checked and I don't see any shadows. I went for a walk and never ran into anything that I couldn't see. The texture for the ground is missing as well. 

Here's a screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_eY6pTAoEcRAJCKVt-8sv3WUl5tz_woW/view?usp=sharing

I was able to create a new world and flipped my RAT server manager to load the new world, and of course that worked just fine. 

I tried loading a new world from scratch and then loading a save to that, but that didn't seem to work. (though I'm not sure if I did that right). 

What logs are you needing? Here are some logs in the Dedicated Server folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hM0iJ6xDX5IpqfmxMq5jBOOeo834x4Qc/view?usp=sharing

One thing I noticed is under the Navesgame/worldname/Region I see a lot of files that say "error_backup...._"

So, that's probably not great, but I'm thinking unrelated.

Given that building a new world under Navesgame works, this leads me to believe that everything else is working fine. 

Wondering if there's a way to repair the old world. But not sure how to do that.

Sorry to say but I think that world is toast. Generally if the save is corrupted making a new one on the same map would work; so, between that not working for you and the looks of the world I'd say one or more of the mods broke the world. Maybe Sylen can spot something else before I have a chance to dig through logs, but for now I'd probably just start a new world generation. 

13 hours ago, natenaterollerskate said:

Wondering if there's a way to repair the old world. But not sure how to do that.

Looks like you modified stack sizes, and then removed that mod. So now all your stacks are throwing errors.

You might fix it by either adding the stack size mod back, or go into the game and re-stack everything to default size stacks.

5 minutes ago, natenaterollerskate said:

restack everything? what do you mean? 

As in load the stack mod, remove the excess stacks below vanilla limit and then try again. Although I don't see that working i guess can be worth a try.

For the record though, stack size mods (same for forges) will easily corrupt and break game saves for characters (int limits aren't adhered in those).

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

3 hours ago, natenaterollerskate said:

restack everything? what do you mean? 

If you can play the game with the stacks mod removed, then dumping everything into new chests will automatically stack them correctly. Your log is full of errors where you've exceeded the stack size. The idea is if you can get rid of those errors, the game may work.

It may already be too broken though so, ymmv.