More Satisfying Animations/Visible Damage

Empyreal_Eagle

I would love to see more detailed and more satisfying damage displayed on the zombies/enemies. I would like to see bullet holes being left behind when shooting a zombie and stab wounds/cuts. It would be a lot more interesting if the damage you were doing to the enemies was more noticeable and realistic. I really hope this is something that can be implemented into the game some day. Is anyone else wanting this?

For example: Think about Left 4 Dead 2 or Dying Light. Those games both do a good job of displaying the power and damage of the weapons you are using on the zombies. I would love 7 days to die to eventually have something closer to what those games have. Yes, I know those games are AAA and this is a smaller team, but I am still hopeful that one day the zombies can be more satisfying to shoot/hit.

13 hours ago, Empyreal_Eagle said:

I would love to see more detailed and more satisfying damage displayed on the zombies/enemies. I would like to see bullet holes being left behind when shooting a zombie and stab wounds/cuts. It would be a lot more interesting if the damage you were doing to the enemies was more noticeable and realistic. I really hope this is something that can be implemented into the game some day. Is anyone else wanting this?

For example: Think about Left 4 Dead 2 or Dying Light. Those games both do a good job of displaying the power and damage of the weapons you are using on the zombies. I would love 7 days to die to eventually have something closer to what those games have. Yes, I know those games are AAA and this is a smaller team, but I am still hopeful that one day the zombies can be more satisfying to shoot/hit.

Yeah i support this idea, it will work rly good, well guys who made the forest is small studio too but they have it rly good even good hl 2 had bullet holes

These are brilliant ideas in fact I even mentioned this idea once. now if you pay close attention zombies already have animated bleeding when cut with a knife or machete but they can really step up their game by adding deep cuts/gashes that blood gushes out of like a fountain. Another interesting idea i got is if the zombies heads (mostly the bigger ones) can have head sections that can be blown off with bullets meaning the flesh on one spot of the head can be blown off along with the skull exposing the brain, now some zombie models already have exposed brains but it would be fun to watch sections of the head being blown off during fights. One final idea i had is adding more types of blows to the head rather than just heads exploding for example lets say your fighting a zombie with an axe it would be cool if that axe can split the zombies head open like when u split wood logs with an axe.

12 hours ago, AndrewT said:

These are brilliant ideas in fact I even mentioned this idea once. now if you pay close attention zombies already have animated bleeding when cut with a knife or machete but they can really step up their game by adding deep cuts/gashes that blood gushes out of like a fountain. Another interesting idea i got is if the zombies heads (mostly the bigger ones) can have head sections that can be blown off with bullets meaning the flesh on one spot of the head can be blown off along with the skull exposing the brain, now some zombie models already have exposed brains but it would be fun to watch sections of the head being blown off during fights. One final idea i had is adding more types of blows to the head rather than just heads exploding for example lets say your fighting a zombie with an axe it would be cool if that axe can split the zombies head open like when u split wood logs with an axe.

Yep similiar to l4d2 and dying light 

On 6/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, AndrewT said:

These are brilliant ideas in fact I even mentioned this idea once. now if you pay close attention zombies already have animated bleeding when cut with a knife or machete but they can really step up their game by adding deep cuts/gashes that blood gushes out of like a fountain. Another interesting idea i got is if the zombies heads (mostly the bigger ones) can have head sections that can be blown off with bullets meaning the flesh on one spot of the head can be blown off along with the skull exposing the brain, now some zombie models already have exposed brains but it would be fun to watch sections of the head being blown off during fights. One final idea i had is adding more types of blows to the head rather than just heads exploding for example lets say your fighting a zombie with an axe it would be cool if that axe can split the zombies head  when u split wood logs with an axe.

Those are some great ideas. I would love to see the devs implement this into the game. Hopefully we can gather enough support behind these ideas and communicate to the devs that this is what players want to see added into the game.

Don't forget that 7D2D is a voxel game, beside the small team it means there are a lot of calculations happening that a game like l4d does not need to do. The consequence is a high CPU load and the problem to guarantee minimal framerates on minimum specc PCs. This is why you don't see many zombies roaming around in the world at any moment. It might come down to deciding whether they want to add more zombies at a given time or graphics fluff like this.

Also they want to release the game as soon as the bandits and story features are finished and already have a full list of features they want and have to postpone a lot of them because of time constraints.

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Don't forget that 7D2D is a voxel game, beside the small team it means there are a lot of calculations happening that a game like l4d does not need to do. The consequence is a high CPU load and the problem to guarantee minimal framerates on minimum specc PCs. This is why you don't see many zombies roaming around in the world at any moment. It might come down to deciding whether they want to add more zombies at a given time or graphics fluff like this.

Also they want to release the game as soon as the bandits and story features are finished and already have a full list of features they want and have to postpone a lot of them because of time constraints.

Yeah but ideas can be "base" for sequel right?  i can igree arguments about framerates but in dunno 7dtd 2 it can be implemented from begining right? But it will be good if  TFP will know that  people want this idea not matter if it will be in 7dtd or 7dtd 2. Well i hope they will make sequel on un5 so they maybe will add more zombies , create zombie variants generator similar to l4d2 more details  like plants on building etc