Super Bow

starscream

my base damage is not showing that high, it shows 46.9 ranged damage.

as for sneak bonus i am checking to see if all are suppose to be at 200%.

i have requested official word on it but i am sure its by design.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

5 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

A19.4_2021-04-19_12-04-43.jpg

A19.4_2021-04-19_12-04-48.jpg

A19.4_2021-04-19_12-04-50.jpg

did you choose perks and or read archery books that can change these?  i venture that you at level 92 you have or did.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

books/schematics yes, i haven't invested any perk points in bow. and only this primitive bow is that high. i get values under 50 for every other modern bow/crossbow i find.

I have occasionally seen weapons with far out damage values too. It definitely is a hard to replicate bug. It may have to do with ammo calculation as I don't remember ever having seen this on melee weapons AND I think I remember the damage goes back to normal if you add mods (because it unloads the bow) or change the ammo.

@starscream If you can, make a backup of the savegame, then change the ammo (while writing down which ammo is loaded) and add or remove mods. See if it makes the bow normal again.

If on the other hand you can change ammo and add a mod and it still shows high damage values it would prove that the bows base damage has the wrong value not the ammo.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

I have occasionally seen weapons with far out damage values too. It definitely is a hard to replicate bug. It may have to do with ammo calculation as I don't remember ever having seen this on melee weapons AND I think I remember the damage goes back to normal if you add mods (because it unloads the bow) or change the ammo.

@starscream If you can, make a backup of the savegame, then change the ammo (while writing down which ammo is loaded) and add or remove mods. See if it makes the bow normal again.

If on the other hand you can change ammo and add a mod and it still shows high damage values it would prove that the bows base damage has the wrong value not the ammo.

as you can see from my picture, i've already taken the mods out to take the screenshot. putting the mods back in only increases the damage as mods do.

i've also switched between explosive arrows and iron arrows without having any effect on the base damage.

the thing is, i don't remember if the damage was so high when i first found it or if it glitched into high damage afterwards and i didn't notice. the only reason i noticed is because i was looking for a replacement and i couldn't find anything with higher damage than that primitive bow. lol.

i wonder if it was some interaction with the candy that increases ranged damage...

2 hours ago, starscream said:

as you can see from my picture, i've already taken the mods out to take the screenshot. putting the mods back in only increases the damage as mods do.

i've also switched between explosive arrows and iron arrows without having any effect on the base damage.

the thing is, i don't remember if the damage was so high when i first found it or if it glitched into high damage afterwards and i didn't notice. the only reason i noticed is because i was looking for a replacement and i couldn't find anything with higher damage than that primitive bow. lol.

i wonder if it was some interaction with the candy that increases ranged damage...

I suggested removing or adding mods because it unloads the weapon. With ranged weapons you usually see the damage of weapon + ammo, both have damage values. If you unload a weapon you see only the weapon damage. 

It doesn't matter that the damage also changes slightly since we are looking for big changes